Photo

Comments & Suggestions for Beta V!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic

#61 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

Allright, I was under the impressin that ppl wanted them to have names, but I was wrong. Whichever is fine wth me though, so I might as well scrap that part. We won't give them different abilities though... that's over the top =p

I think for beta V, each good faction should get a gather type resource structure. They will be like the lumber Mills for evil, but they will be good versions:

Dwarves; Smelting Hall: Dwarf Miners (Yes, the ones that's in the BFME2 movie) will go out (same haleth and armor as orc laborours) and instead of trees, you could make little shiny rocks on cliffs for the dwarves to mine. When the dwarf gets his share, he goes back to the building, and you get some resources, just like a lumber mill.

Elves; Gathering Center (needs better name): This will have elven gatherers (you could use elf townsfolk models for these). You guys could make little green shrubs (that you could tell were harvestable), and the elf harvesters would harvest the plants and bring them back to the building for resources.

MotW; Hunting Lodge: This will be kin of different than the rest. You will have hunters (Don't exactly know what model you'd use for them, maybe some ranger-ish model for them, again don't know). Okay, you know the little animals that have no meaning at all? Well, if you guys could make there be alot more of them in the appropiete areas, then the hunters could hunt the animals. Then, they would take the body back to the building for resources. I have NO clue how much coding is involved, but would add a new element of strategy for MOTW (Plus, you can finally kill all of those annoying little animals :rolleyes: ).

It would be pretty cool if you could somehow implent these in beta V... :shiftee:

This would be cool indeed, I especially like the idea of Hunters that gather food som animals, like in Settlers, hehe. But if ever, this has to be much later, cause it would require some SERIOUS coding for poor old Sûl :evgr:

But when we're talking about animals:
In BfmE I they always ran away when an army came.
In BfmE II they stay :( Can you change that?:blink:

I'd love to have them run away. This should not be too hard to do... *noted*!

um, i've actually tried this before in my own modding, but what about adding wall aura around towers? Be a cheaper way to expand the base plus it'd make building outposts a lot easier. plus having a "wall ring" around free standing towers with their own gates and wall upgrades could potentially be pretty cool. Plus it might be a codable AI build set.

got skipped over. =(

No, I read it, but I don't like it :sleep: OP and too much "space demanding"...

I wholeheartedly support using the ringwraiths' names. It lends an air of respectability and authenticity to that whole side. I think that khamul is a terrible name for the ringwraith though.

Khamûl was actually the only name given to a Nazgûl by Tolkien himself... But don't worry, I'll scrap the naming idea :crazed:

Well, it can still be done, right? I mean, it's kind of like the lumber mills (except for Men of course)...
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#62 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

Dude, that is a HUGE quote for such a teeny weeny post, isn't it? :shiftee: *yellow card* for that one...
Especially since I already answered your question. :rolleyes:

well... the upgrades for bulding are something different :blink:
You can build all buildings at once and you can build at once siege weapons.

But ok, I understand your points.
I will shut up with that idea :sleep:

Nah, I wouldn't call it "shut up". But just know that I DO read everything... I just spend 2 days plowing through all the Faction threads recently, and I will plow through this one too in a while, looking for stuff I might have missed. I like your ideas, as I said, and they're noted. I just can'tmake any promises or anything before //we get further though... But I do like the thought of postponing the ability to built Siege from start, into later game, some way... :crazed:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#63 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:47 AM

Thanks Mercyy, I'll try that then :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 Blendor

Blendor

The Dwarf

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

new name for all Nazgul?

1. Mûrazôr / the Witch-King of Angmar
2. Khamûl the Easterling / Shadow of the East/ the Dragon Lord
3. Dwar of Waw (Dendra Dwaw)/ The Unforgiving / The Dog King
Rank: Commander of the Morannon, 3rd in rank of the Nazguls
4. Jí Indûr Dawndeath / The Outcast / The Cloud Lord
5. Akhôrahil / The Blind Sorcerer / The Storm King
6. Hoarmûrath of Dír / The Ice King
7. Adunaphel / the Quiet / the Avenger
8. Ren / the Unclean / the Fire King
9. Ûvatha / the Horseman / the Messenger / The long rider

The data from here: http://www.rockjakte...ml/nazguls.html
The Dwarf Blendor

Posted Image

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/blendor]Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fav. mods:
Special Extended Editiom, Rj-RotWK, Wars of the East, Battles of Gondor. The Elven Alliance

fav. films:
The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars

fav, games:
Battle for middle-earth 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, Rise of the Witch-King

Administrator of the official Hungarian bfme website :)

#65 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

Ummm... you know, we discussed EXACTLY these names on the prevoius page...

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#66 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yup, and nobody wanted them, so they're scrapped =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#67 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

Well, nobody is an overstatement. Some where very vocal about not liking them, and some where not very vocal about liking them. I like them very much as a matter of fact. :thumbsupsmiley:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#68 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Ick, no. Just no.
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#69 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

Could you have citizens come out of farms after a while to populate your base? Because it would seem more realistic.

#70 pf7612

pf7612
  • Project Team
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for WotE and AoM, spreading general ideas all around
  •  Mapper, ini coder

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:37 AM

Hehe, thank you. I basically got that message allright, just the way you intended to convey it. But the form you expressed it in really hurt my eyes and i couldn't really be 100% sure your weren't venting your frustration on my aching back. :)

Nice to meet someone capable of reflecting on his own doings. I've encountered too many people lacking in that department. Polite communication is a virtue on forums, especially between people that don't know each other well.

Thank you very much. I wasn't trying to be hostile. Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this mod. I can't play vanilla BFMEII anymore. I got tired of spiderlings destroying towers and buildings.
Those walking animations look pretty cool.

Oh, I almost forgot. I had an idea and don't quite think it's possible or very important, just a cool detail. Mabye that when buildings are attacked by an enemy unit, some units from the battalion go inside to "clear out" the building. Take the gondor archery range. Mabye when its in a damaged state, while the enemy is still there, you would see like an orc attacking a soldier in the range, with them actually fighting. When the enemies are killed or go away, the orc either gets killed or runs back out, respectively. Same with the elf trainig in the barracks. He'll actually be fighting an orc or whetever enemy attacked the building. Could be used with fortresses too. But with like 3 soldiers fighting on the walls.

Probably not possible, but would be pretty cool.

P.S. Sorry about your back :blink: .

Edit: Moved here from 'BUG HUNT'. Sûlherokhh.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 17 November 2007 - 12:44 AM.

War-young men dying, old men talking.

"This ought to be the greatest gatherin' of pirate lords in our lifetime."
"And I owe them all money." - Hector Barbosa and Jack Sparrow

#71 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hmm both of those ideas I like :p .
But errm wouldnt they be a bit horrible to have to implement like the citizens one.
Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#72 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

I have thought in those lines too, long ago... before I relised that it should be a nightmare to code, model and animate. Don't think anyone would be up for the work load, but logically, those units would indeed fight, just like the farmers (even if they might instead run away though)...

An easier way of adding logic to this without the hefty workload, would be to simply hide those models when the structure is being attacked to sort of simulate either retreat/hiding or getting ready to fight.

Edited by Nazgûl, 18 November 2007 - 12:14 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#73 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:02 PM

And at the same time spawn a few 'slaved' fighters, like the warg sentries.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#74 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

*corrected my insane amount of spelling misstakes in previous post, lol*

@Sûl: INDEED! Can it be done? (Eventually) :good:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#75 pf7612

pf7612
  • Project Team
  • 148 posts
  •  Mapper, ini coder

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

*corrected my insane amount of spelling misstakes in previous post, lol*

@Sûl: INDEED! Can it be done? (Eventually) :good:

Wow I'm surprised it could have a shot at working! Definately should not be worked on unless you have time to waste. Which you probably won't have for a long while. It would be pretty cool to see it in action though.

It sorta brings back the BFME style of defense when your overwhelmed and are fighting at the very gates and in your own courtyard. Quite interesting.

#76 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:29 AM

Making warriors appear on approach with a time limit is technically no problem at all, as i have already tested the coding mechanics on the AI of the gates. If i can hide the subobjects in the barracks/farms/whatever, it's basically working.

#77 pf7612

pf7612
  • Project Team
  • 148 posts
  •  Mapper, ini coder

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

Making warriors appear on approach with a time limit is technically no problem at all, as i have already tested the coding mechanics on the AI of the gates. If i can hide the subobjects in the barracks/farms/whatever, it's basically working.

Wow.

What about expanding upon this with the fortress more (this probably won't work, but mabye). Maby as the fortress is damaged one of its walls would collapse and enemies could enter the courtyard. Now in the courtyard ther's a capture flag so it can be taken. Then whatever faction who took it could fix it up their way, so it looks cool with little orcish fixes and addons and attachments and stuff.

Obviously, when units "enter" the fortress the "slave" units would fight them, sometimes defending it and killing all the attackers. On the walls, and in the courtyard. This could also give an opportunity to make fortresses Larger. Also there could be upgrades that put the slave units there and give you guards in the fortress who respawn to defend it and stuff.

Could it work?

#78 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

That would involve serious remodeling, not just coding. :p

#79 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

***Campaign Suggestion***

For the campaign, it would be cool to have an alternation between storylines. You know, like, have the first mission the Battle for Rivendell, and following that, have The Fellowship go through Moria. Once that mission is completed, have the story go on to that "kill the Goblin King" mission, then go on to the Battle of the Grey Havens.

Then alternate back to Helm's Deep, followed by the Battle of Isengard.

Then we go back to the war in the North, as the Battle of Dale (or wherever King Dain was) commences; go back to the Battle of Minas Tirith (and perhaps the Battle of Pelennor Fields).

Now, I'm not so sure about going on with the Black Gate and Dol Guldur... Unless some supreme coder could perhaps leave the Battle of Morannon (black gate) in the middle, and switch to Dol Guldur. As that mission is completed, end the campaign as you destroy the citadel at Dol Guldur, and have basically the same ending as the normal BFME II campaign.
Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#80 Bob_the_Balrog

Bob_the_Balrog
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

Here are some suggestions.

*Have a giant Hawk for the evil men faction, or mabye a red dragon.

*Allow eagles to be summoned from the fort the same way the builders are, limited to 3, they arn't official heroes. And the isengard fellbeasts to be the Witch-king fellbeast model, and limited to five

*And fortress maps to have upgrades like fortresses.

*Dol Guldor should have Morgul Sorcery upgraded.

*Walls in fortress maps should be rebuildable when destroyed.

*Goblin walls (fences) should be grey, and have webs attached when Spider webs upgraded.

*Upgraded buildings should produce a little FASTER.

*Heroes should take longer to produce, and produced One at a time. And a little more EXPENSIVE.

*Get rid of the Hobbit limit, or at least put it higher, why waste resourses on a building that is slow to make, and can only summon five of the weakest troops in the entire game.

*Goblins should have a battering ram.

*Treebeard should have a few more powers.

*Have a balanced WOTR command point limit, Army? Looks more like a camp raiding group.

*Check these audio stuff for Khazad Guard.

When spawned use: MGBlueM_Dwar015
When sent to battle: MGBlueM_Dwar01
When retreating: MGBlueM_Dwar05 and MGErebo_Dwarf010
A random select: MGBLueM_Dwar10
A battle select: MGBlueM_Dwar12 and MGCeldu_Dwarf09
A move select: MGBlueM_DwarfOfficer022 and MGBlueM_DwarfOfficer022
When attacking a structure: MGBlueM_DwarfOfficer11
When sent into a ship: MGCeldu_Dwarf10 and MGCeldu_Dwarf11, and MGCeldu_Dwarf16

*The army of the dead should be bigger.

*Heroes summoning heroes?? Lets stick with the king of the dead coming with his troops when the army is summoned.

*Mabye the Ships of all types should transport troops. Since Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimili came in on a Black ship.

* The idea of summoned troops coming in from the side of the map is a realistic idea, perhaps it should take time for them to come? And a few maps are surrounded by water you know? Mabye ships coming in to drop them off?

*The dale barracks should be smaller like I suggested, cause it's just...BIG!

*To remind you, when a hero dies, it drops a level when revived.

*Khand minifaction for evil men should be elite calvary, they are like evil rohirrim I heard.

*The tip of Sauron's mace is a little too big.

*Sauron's attack should be a little faster like the movie.

*The Golden Hall should summon Rohan builders too.

*The MotW builder shouldn't have the Rohan buildings, it defeats the purpose of even having a rohan builder. Unless if the Rohan builder could build farms and anything Rohan like faster.

*And just so you know, those Nazgul names arn't official. They were made up for the LotR card game.

*Replace Aragorn's Summon the army of the dead with a summon Legolas and Gimili to complete the three musketeers :p .

*Has it come to your attention that three of the dwarven heroes arn't dwarves!?

*Mabye Morgul should be scaled too.

*Builder should have a level, depending on how many buildings they make and/or repair.

Well that's about it for now.

Edited by Bob_the_Balrog, 18 November 2007 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users