Who made this?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DreadStorm™_*

Guest_DreadStorm™_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:16 AM

I've been to the site, but no indication was found. I'd like to give him/her credit for the Mod - I'm using it as a basis for research and development for my own minor mod I'm making. :p

I'm making a mod that's as close to the MOVIES as I can - something no one else did that I know of. Never read the books, so I couldn't go that route. Already borrowed Hama, Arwen and Galadriel (changed a few things, of course) and I'd just like to know where to put the proper credit.

And, if possible, I'd even like to offer a little collaboration. heh

-DreadStorm™

#2 DreadStorm

DreadStorm
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

I am a member, I just forgot. :p Been a while...

#3 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:46 AM

Celeglin is his screen name. As for his real name...no idea. :p You probably won't be able to 'collaborate' with him any time soon - his internet's down and has been so for more than half of this year, and we have no idea when he's coming back. ;)

And how could you forget that you're a member? :D
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#4 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

^^ CK... :p What happened to the Mae Governa, I'm Celeglin bit on the site?

If you're planning to release this publically, make sure you read the mod readme, as there are some models/skins that he won't let be used without specific written permission (can't think of them off the top of my head, but they are mainly elven ones anyway).

Gah, it will be 6 months in a few weeks... is it really so hard to go to the library just to say whats going on?
Posted Image

#5 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:44 AM

Apparently so.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#6 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:50 AM

if i were you i'd be very careful with Arwen. Celeglin made a lot of skins for her, and if he doesn't want others to use even one skin you might just have to change a lot in the codes
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

I'm starting to wonder if the guy is still actually alive...

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#8 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:58 AM

Well that's a morbid thing to say. ^_^
Posted Image

#9 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:16 PM

Well even a "Hello I've totally lost interest in all this, bye bye!" would be nice ^_^

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#10 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

Unfortunately, you've got a point there. :)
Posted Image

#11 DreadStorm

DreadStorm
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:50 PM

Well, you've helped a bit even in that exchange. I've decided to hunt for different imagery - but as far as coding, I've learned enough to make that on my own.

And I forgot my membership because I'm a computer contractor by trade. Had a busy past several months - literally forgot all the things I signed up for before the first contract started. :rolleyes: heh

But what I did is I started from a basic 1.03 patch install, added Vapula's Hero Mod after migrating it up a patch, added Silen's Blood Mod (remixed), and added Hama, a recruitable Gwaihir, gave the Ent Summon to Treebeard, and made the Eagle Summon and Ent summon spellbook items different spells (tell ya later). Also combined Gondor and Rohan. They never really were all that separated, just a bit away from each other. heh

What I'm wanting to do next is garrison Gondor wall towers, and add the heroes Galadriel, Arwen, and Damrod...well, that's all I have planned at the moment, anyway. :blush:

-DS

Edited by DreadStorm, 11 November 2007 - 07:19 PM.

#12 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

you can just download TEA. Then you've got a lot of that.
and i'd suggest someone moves this to BFME modding or something.

#13 DreadStorm

DreadStorm
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

you can just download TEA. Then you've got a lot of that.
and i'd suggest someone moves this to BFME modding or something.

But the I wouldn't have anything to learn from. I already spoke to DeeZire some time back about the towers. He didn't remember, and to avoid violating his work, I didn't look until he gave me permission - I wanted to experiment on my own and learn for myself.

See, I'm not rich enough to go to colleges and take programming courses. So I take what's out there (that isn't jealously protected or copyrighted) and pick it apart and learn from it, and only then, make my additions. Since I suck at graphics, I can only do the INI mods. The graphics, I'm forced to 'borrow' if at all possible. heh

But only if the creators don't mind - and credit is given plainly.

In short, just a poor old n00b with too much time on my hands, and a hunger to learn. :rolleyes:

#14 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

In short, just a poor old n00b with too much time on my hands, and a hunger to learn. :grin:

if that's true, you're at the right place. Try following some tutorials at the main site and check BFME2 And ROTWK modding forums sometimes. There are some interesting questions there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users