#1 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:19 PM

*renamed topic* /Naz

Hey all,

I am having a bit of a problem with the New Beta 4.5

I started a War of The Ring campaign this afternoon, played it a few turns through. And ended up in the Dol Guldur map, so I saved the game and quit.

This evening I tried opening the savegame, but at that time the game returned to desktop with a Game.dat error, and closed. Any idea's? ( I can attach a Technical Report from windows if anyone wants)

(One more thing, within the Dol Guldur map I had to quit because I had destroyed all the enemy units and structures, and my units were litterally swarming the map, but no "victory" message appeared, while this is not the main problem I thought I'd mention it all the same :party:)

Thanks for any help in advance :party:

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 October 2009 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:08 PM

*bump,

Auch saw Sûl post in the support forum, but nothing here, has the good coder given up on me :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

No ideas about the savegames-crash yet. I only get it when i load a savegame from an older version. It has yet to happen to me.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#4 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

I cant believe that im atually using the support forum.......................... :lol:
BUT! does anyone know what is going on? My comp seem to pick what saves I can load and not.....................
Also which one i can load changes with every re-start :sad2:
I will try to put the text on here later.

<edit>I ahve all patches e.t.c

Here is that text.

ERROR
Error loading game 'C:/Application data/My battle for middle earth 2 files/Saves/NOW THIS IS A FIGHT!.sav(i forgot the end thingy)

Edited by Hobbit Hunter, 05 November 2007 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#5 Anarion'sHeir

Anarion'sHeir
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

Ditto, this just happened to me when I tried to load a skirmish savegame. Can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

#6 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

I think that the loading of the saved games is a HUGE problem. I have the same propblem, as do lots of people. It would be nice if Sul and the rest of the production team could try to figure it out and have a pronto re-release. I really don't know what the prob is, but it is a large prob...And I'm the freakin' support manager :lol: EDIT: I have just read that it is an official bug...so kindof ignore what I just said...

This part is not an EDIT: As the victory message that didn't appear: BFME2 was made by humans, so there is always something that will happen wrong, and sometimes the game just has a freak accident. I could guarntee you that it prob won't happen again.

Edited by clonecommand, 05 November 2007 - 09:18 PM.

#7 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:48 AM

^thanks :xcahik_: I'll try replaying the map then.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

Ok just started another WOTR gamemode, savegame didn't work again though, same error.

But has this error occured in previous versions of the SEE Mod as well, or is it inherent only to 4.5?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

save games don't work for me, is there any solution so far?
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:54 PM

No solution yet....

@Wundai- WOTR still isn't perfect...I wouldn't play it yet.

#11 Anarion'sHeir

Anarion'sHeir
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:02 AM

I actually just solved this little problem when trying to solve another problem.

1st) make sure you aren't getting any game.dat errors upon start up of the the game

as long as that isn't a problem then

2nd) make sure the save you are trying to load was actually saved after installation of the mod. If not then it aint gonna work no matter what

If both those things aren't the case then the final step:

3rd) Move your SEE folder somewhere else on your hard drive (as long as it aint in the My Battle for Middle Earth 2 Files Folder you should be alright) and make sure to change the target of your shortcut properly.

The tag line should change from *-mod SEE* to *-mod "[folder location]"*

For me it looks like this *-mod "C:\Games\SEE"* dont forget the parentheses.

EDIT: Only works temporarily. Not a permanent fix.

Edited by Anarion'sHeir, 08 November 2007 - 05:19 AM.

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:18 AM

Very very nice description! ^ Try that y'all! :p
Thank you ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#13 Anarion'sHeir

Anarion'sHeir
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:18 AM

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but it only worked temporarily. I tried to reload another game today and I got the error again. From what I can tell it has something to do with your profile. Something with profiles seem to be conflicting with game.dat

Really wierd that it worked for two days though.

#14 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:29 AM

Well, then the solution could be to wipe your profiles clean (meaning, delete your profiles), then start the standard game fresh, make a new profile and, just to be sure, start up see and make a new SEE-profile. Or somesuch... :)

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#15 sniggles

sniggles
  • Project Team
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hi guys,

Been following this thread with interest.

I haven't been able to load a save for a week or more and tried everything i can think of to cure the problem but no luck so far.

I hope it is something specific to everyone who is getting this error and not a creeping bug that is going to snowball as the SEE project gets more advanced.

Personally - I absolutely love SEE and can live with this semi serious bug.

Some clever person might come up with the answer later but for now i am just enjoying the amazing AI and features of SEE and could never go back to the vanilla game - damnn you Naz - we are stuck with you to the bitter end - good or bad - LOL.

Considering the amount of changes that have been made it is incredible that the game runs so perfectly while you are playing it.

I,m sure one of us will work out the load problem eventually.

Keep up the good work team,

Sniggles (marksmod)
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

@Clonecommand, ok thnx mate

@All, I'll try removing all profiles to see if save games work, seem like a good logical solution :)

Wundai

#17 Anarion'sHeir

Anarion'sHeir
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hmm, The profile idea is a novel one but I actually already did that to fix my startup game.dat errors. Then again maybe you need a profile for both the base game and the mod. That could be a plausible solution.

#18 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

Oh Sorry ppl, I can't test it because my skirmish savegames seem to be working just fine.(those made in 4.5 anyways)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

How sweet is that. You can't test your crashing save games because you don't have any? :ohmy:

Note: WotR was never supported by S.E.E., so any crashes there are not really high priority.

#20 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

Lol was only talking of savegame crashes in Wotr Gamemode actually :ohmy:, but then this thread got more general to include all savegame crashes.
But still good to know Wotr is not supported :p

Why isn't it btw Sûl? Units work, buildings work, battles work. Maybe only 3 generals for each army but still.

Only thing wrong in WOTR mode in See mod that I could find was some Fortress maps and the savegame crash then?
Not that I know anything of coding :p but it sounds to me its not that much to fix?

Edited by Wundai, 09 November 2007 - 03:57 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users