#21 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

I never bothered with it mainly because when i joined there already was no support. To include WotR would mean adding relevant code to all units, objects and heroes, mainly the new units, but the old units would need to get a rework as well. Then is the issue of the autoresolved battles. They should have a very similiar balance as actual gameplay units but that is pretty hard to tackle. Then there is the WotR-coding in general, which i haven't done before and although i am sure it is doable i just have my hands full with stuff that i am much more interested in than that. Then there is the fact that the WotR-AI just sucks. I heard it got better with RotWK but i can't tell for sure. If i start on that, ever, than only after porting to the Add-on, which i am not sure is going to happen. And THAT would be such a big amount of work that i rather not think about it now. :ohmy:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#22 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:29 PM

I hear you, scrap Wotr for the first 20 releases :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Gil-Gahlad

Gil-Gahlad
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

I jkust had the same problem with three save games that I made during my first skirmish with the mod installed.

Is there a fix in the pipeline?

Thanks,
Gian

#24 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

I am still wondering why everybody keeps getting errors loading a savegame? :( I never ever do! Pfft.

One idea. Try resetting your grafic settings before EVERY game. And when i mean resetting, i mean exactly like this:
Go to custom settings. Do NOT use the top line 'set everything' settings, but manually adjust the seperate settings. Do it UNTIL you have gotten the message that the settings may be too high for your machine and press okay. Then you can reset to whatever you wish, but still DO NOT use the top line 'set everything' settings.
After this start a game, save it, then go back and reload it.

If anybody tries this method, i seriously wanna know if it helps or not.

I am doing it this way all the time, because i just hate that all mods get the unit decals and shadows set to medium, so i always have to do the manual thing everytime i start the game UNTIL i get that warning message. If i don't get the message, seemingly the game discounts my resettings, whatever the reason.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#25 Guest_Pierre'70_*

Guest_Pierre'70_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

I was consistently getting the load error from saves. I've deleted any old saves, deleted my profile, created a new one, and fiddled with the graphic settings as described.

I started a new map, saved, exited, reloaded, and it worked!! Unfortunately I don't know which of the above did the trick though...

#26 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

I'm going to try the new prof thing.

I highly doubt the settings thing will work because I have that message no matter where I put the darn slider (never tried low, don't really wnat to :rolleyes: ).

#27 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

Unable to open saved games; game crashes with error message after loading screen moves to start the game.

The following were created with new player profiles made after installing the SEE mod. We have until now been able to open and play these very same saved games that are now returning an error when we attempt to play them. When we start a new game in SEE, we save it as a new file the first time we go to save it; after that if we have to save it again we just overwrite the same game file. We dont try to open/save/overwrite any games related to BFME2 that are pre-SEE mod install when we play SEE

Here is what happens with different ones:

1. We just saved a skirmish in the midst of game, and are unable to re-open. This one crashes to a blank BFME black screen with golden arrow cursor. The error message appears after the game loading screen finsihes the % scrolling; instead of game coming up we get error. Only way out of the black screen is to 'ctrl alt del' and 'end task' the bfme executable

2. Unable to open another saved skirmish. This one, after you exit out of same error message as you get in number one above, it drops you back to the main bfme2 see screen. No need to end task and you can navigate the main screen again

3. Unable to open a saved WOTR match. This one I have played and saved a few times and now get an error

No hardware or software changes are made to this pc since installing SEE. Antivirus is not running during gameplay so theres no intereference. We can play BFME2 saved games with no problem.

Does anyone have a fix? Hate to uninstall this mod, BFME2 will never be the same again without it.

Thanks for help. PM me for print screen of error if you are a creator or team member of it because my name is on it. Errors are same except player name and skirmish or wotr etc depending on game being opened.

edit: my son got his skirmish game to open. That is one working, 3 that are not. They were all created and saved in the same manner.... :rolleyes:

Edited by av8r, 11 November 2007 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

more info:

now sons game wont open either

at loading screen the game will get to 97% then jump to the BFME2 SEE screen that is green in color with the image of rivendell in the background and the spinning ring; then that screen fades as if its going to the game but the next screen pops up and error

Edited by av8r, 11 November 2007 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

I'm going to try the new prof thing.

I highly doubt the settings thing will work because I have that message no matter where I put the darn slider (never tried low, don't really wnat to :rolleyes: ).

What i meant was DON'T USE THE SLIDER! :blush: You must change the different settings by hand, or you won't get the warning message about too high settings! I found out that only when you get the message does the game actually register ALL the new settings. And since your settings are seemingly saved (they are the same when you restart BfMe2) but the missions themselves don't seem to register the changes unless you force it using my way, there might be a desync which could be the source of the problem.

#30 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

if any of the developers are wanting too, I am willing to call from my cell this weekend or next weekend if they want to do a live type tech support on it; i am tmobile so in addition, if someone else has that then mobile to mobile is free too :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

I'd recommend not saying that....Last time someone asked for a "live" tech suport thing, Naz and Sul got pretty darn mad...

@Sul: When I say sliders, I mean plural, as in custom settings.

Edited by clonecommand, 11 November 2007 - 11:16 PM.

#32 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

Sorry about that, it was not my intent; my thoughts are getting crashes to duplicate on a machine that doesnt have them happen by accident is difficult and I only meant to offer a "play-by"play" of it happening to my PC with one of the team there.

I guess I missed the post you refer to; but maybe the person who said something like that before implied something else.

My post is not an insult or meant to be harmful in any way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,554 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:57 AM

Don't worry mate, you've proven yourself as a stand up guy :blush:

What Clone refered to was a guy that asked in a way that was more like: "Oh my god, this fuggin crap mod don't work. Why won't it work? Help pleeeeease?" and he sent me like 7 PM's asking for personal assistance :rolleyes: At least I think that's what Clone was refering to. You are free to ask, since you are so polite, but even if I'd like to help, I can't, cause I don't have those crashes myself. Well ONE time only... and we're not certain why they happen, so until we know that, it's as big a mystery to us as it is to you... =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#34 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

Should I try deleting all my saved games from BFME2 and SEE and then try again?

I am scratching my head over this...

Thought I would edit and add, if theres anything you want me to test or try I will. Am not worried about trashing my computer at all if need be.

I also checked my Xp's Event Viewer and never saw anything in there regarding the crashes. I dont know if BFME/SEE creates a crash log?

Am using xp pro, fully updated with
2GHz P4
1024MB RIMM
80GB
NVidia Quadro4 XGL

Run the game on High and it works great! Just getting these crashes now :(

Edited by av8r, 12 November 2007 - 01:59 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:14 AM

One idea. Try resetting your grafic settings before EVERY game. And when i mean resetting, i mean exactly like this:
Go to custom settings. Do NOT use the top line 'set everything' settings, but manually adjust the seperate settings. Do it UNTIL you have gotten the message that the settings may be too high for your machine and press okay. Then you can reset to whatever you wish, but still DO NOT use the top line 'set everything' settings.
After this start a game, save it, then go back and reload it.

If anybody tries this method, i seriously wanna know if it helps or not.

it works! tried and deleted my old save games at the same time and it works!
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#36 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:41 AM

Yippee! :grin:

And i am sad at the same time, since that means it is the old 'resetting bug' (link: The SETTINGS reset "bug") for which nobody seems to know a solution. It's a hardcoded bug connected to the -mod command that EA put in for us to make the use of mods easier. Just great. :sad2:

Maybe it is removable though, but we'd lose our custom camera settings (not the RJ Cam though) and we'd have ugly house colors again. But the last thing i believe i can remove by going inside every object ini and switch it to off manually for every single object. (*testing*).

BEFORE i do that though, please check if this is really the cause of the save/reload errors. To do that, you have to go inside the SEE-folder. More to the point: 'SEE\data\ini\object'. Remove the file 'gamedata.ini' completely (save it somewhere safe). That's it. Now start the game, begin a mission, save, exit the mission, exit the game, restart the game, load the save-game and then we'll see. :xd:

Tell me how it goes.

#37 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:41 AM

tried it, it works but *shudder* FACTION COLORS!. don't know if it matters, but i tested it on skirmish. hope this helps :grin:. btw, your work rocks!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:02 AM

Sweet! How is the camera handling on non-RJCam maps?

Anybody else testing this (preferrably someone who had crashes with safegames) would be very appreciated. If this is the solution, i'll get right on removing housecolors manually.

Oh, and glad you like our work! :grin:

#39 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Sweet! How is the camera handling on non-RJCam maps?

Anybody else testing this (preferrably someone who had crashes with safegames) would be very appreciated. If this is the solution, i'll get right on removing housecolors manually.

Oh, and glad you like our work! :xd:

Hello

Thank you for working on this; I cant test editing that folder right now but definitely will later. I did try the settings change but no good.

Or - after I manually set the video settings, should I be able to play already-saved-games or do I need to start new ones? :grin: I didnt try new ones, but the old ones that I made after installing SEE do not play

And thank you again. I hope to contribute to this mod, is there a link on the start page (you guys should have an animated "Tip Cup" on the SEE intro page :sad2:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

@sulherokhn, umm haven't tested the camera handling, (don't know how) will check that though. :grin:
@av8r, you have to start new ones, sorry. it's annoying and :sad2: you have to delete all of your save games in for this to work, i think.

edit:
tested camera angle without the gamedata.ini works but you can't zoom in as far. hope this helps. keep up the good work!

Edited by Thorongil45, 12 November 2007 - 05:53 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users