56 replies to this topic

#21 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:18 AM

LOL... in that case... do you really think you played the modded version???

"Don't talk to it Merry. Don't encourage it!" LOL

griffin646 you need to clean remove, clean install both game and mod per instructions for each!!

Edited by av8r, 28 November 2007 - 02:19 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

Okay I will try it, but it did say Special Extended Edition on it.

#23 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

What said? The starter button? The shell screen? Or just the intro page (which would only mean you exchanged 2 jpg files)?

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#24 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

On the shortcut but I just uninstalled the mod then reinstalled it. I got the same results as last time only this time I had the bfme1 starter screen instead of the bfme2 one.

Edited by griffin646, 28 November 2007 - 11:49 PM.

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:47 AM

Same result? Which is what??? You play the umodded game???

In that case the mod is not loading correctly and it loads the original game instead! That happens when the path is not correct...
(Path = the path in the Shortcut that is named "Special Extended Edition")

Make sure you have followed the NEW Installation Instructions carefully. If the game loads and you get the EA logo, the THX logo, the NewLine logo and then the BFME1 intro and ShellScreen (menu) with Barad-dûr, the mod has loaded. If not, you still play the retail game. You must make sure the path in the shortcut is pointing to where you put the mod.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#26 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:53 AM

I couldn't have said it better. ;)

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#27 Guest_Guest_griffin646_*_*

Guest_Guest_griffin646_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

I have the target and intro stuff perfect i've checked and double checked I have EA, (Is the watcher in the water logo THX?), New Line, BFME2 intro, and the BFME 1 shellscreen, but i'm still not getting the modded version.

#28 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

If you don't have the BfMe1 Intro (with Gandalf speaking), you don't have the mod files playing. The shellscreen is just an image. Okay lets start at the beginning. Where exactly did you put the SEE-folder (exact path please)?

#29 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

If you don't have the BfMe1 Intro (with Gandalf speaking), you don't have the mod files playing. The shellscreen is just an image. Okay lets start at the beginning. Where exactly did you put the SEE-folder (exact path please)?

C:\Documents and Settings\Squall Lionheart\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files

Exactly like it said in the first set of directions, and when the second version came out it was just easiest for me to put it there anyway since it said I could put it anywhere.

I just now noticed that I have the mod maps.

In fact, I have everything except the intro and the in game stuff.

Edited by griffin646, 29 November 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#30 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

:good: Use the new method period, meaning do NOTput it in that "old" location ^. We moved there since the old location was causing loads of problems! That's the reason for the new method! By "anywhere" we don't mean the SAME location as it was before. That wouldn't make it a NEW location...

Anywhere BUT the old location AND the original game folder. Put it directly on C: instead

>>> ...lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\SEE"

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#31 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

:good: Use the new method period, meaning do NOTput it in that "old" location ^. We moved there since the old location was causing loads of problems! That's the reason for the new method! By "anywhere" we don't mean the SAME location as it was before. That wouldn't make it a NEW location...

Anywhere BUT the old location AND the original game folder. Put it directly on C: instead

>>> ...lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\SEE"

You mean the same thing as the target box? Would the local disk work too?

Edited by griffin646, 29 November 2007 - 11:28 PM.

#32 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

please do it and see what happens.

#33 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

please do it and see what happens.

Okay, I tried putting it into the run box and it started the special extended edition without the mod units and Gandalf's narrative thingy.

#34 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

I'd go back, uninstall BFME2 and SEE mod; and uninstall MANUALLY after any automatic removal of the game. Then reinstall bfme2 and patch to 1.06 and then FOLLOW THE NEW SEE MOD INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER.

Dont skip anything. Just like whats written, one step at a time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:14 AM

Okay, I tried putting it into the run box...

I all my history at T3A... I have never had anything like this in terms of support issues...
What the heck is the "run" box???

Are you really listenig to what we say? :)

1) Where did you put the mod?
2) Have you read the new Instructions? It says nothing about any "run" box. That link I gave you is for the "target" box, and the target in this case is naturally the mod itself, so the target should point to where the mod is. Put the mod folder directly on C and use that link for the target box. It's all stated were clearly in the new intsructions. If you follow them you can't go wrong... Sorry if we sound annoyed, but sometimes I wonder if you're being serious or not? :good:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#36 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

Okay, I tried putting it into the run box and it started the special extended edition without the mod units and Gandalf's narrative thingy.

Hello griffin646

I thought I would post to you once again as I feel very sorry for you if you are unable to play this Mod. Once you get it going you will not look at this game the same way again.

Get BFME2 off your system. And get any mods and anything else BFME-related off your computer...folders, files, etc., everything. This is just so theres no possible confusion...

Get the free version of WinRAR and then download this

http://see.the3rdage...uctions_NEW.rar

which is actually from here anyhow.

Then print out those instructions. Check them off one at a time as you complete each step. If you follow it, you can't go wrong. If it doesn't work then check, recheck and check again until you get it to run the Mod.

All this stuff Nazgul and others have posted for you, so take the time to go thru it step by step. Going thru it one step at a time might seem to take time, but it will take less time than doing it wrong and coming back to post and ask questions which are avoidable, if you follow the Instructions.

I know you can do it. Ask a friend for help if another set of eyes will be a benefit :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

~And suddenly, by the change in grammar and spelling, the S.E.E Team realized that the real griffin646 was no longer adressing them, but rather, his sister.

First of all, I'm going to thank you all for your help--although to be honest, some of you could do with a little education on how to deal kindly with the n00bish folk. I realize that most other folks would have shot him down by the first five posts, but even so, this is a rather sad sight.

Now, onto the point. Yes, we're going to follow the first part of the instructions, and uninstall it.

Having discovered eight (say it with me folks, EIGHT) viruses attached to the various software involved in the S.E.E. mod, though, we will not be following the last half of the instructions--the part where we reinstall the nest of viral serpents. The mod looks amazing, but we're not going to crash our computer with viral software.

If you didn't know about this, I'd suggest you go find out and deal with it. If you did know.....well, that's just pathetic.

Thank you, and good day, sirs!

#38 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

/nice guy mode off

edit: thought better of my last post..

so, edited to say, trolls are an unpleasant site on any forum.

run along now and play somewhere else.

Edited by av8r, 30 November 2007 - 11:58 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:02 AM

Hey, hold your horses right there. This was not meant to insult anyone. Clearly you feel we've been insulting your personally. Do yourself a favor and read relevant sections in the rest of the forum. You will realize how many times we've been forced to deal with the exact same questions over and over again, differently formulated maybe. Is it so much to ask to search for an answer instead of demanding one, or at least to describe the steps in detail (including the relevant parts) that have lead to the installation not working?
Furthermore, i suppose it is your anger making you accuse us of distributing malware. Still, i personally only accuse you of lacking a calm mind to tackle a not really complicated issue. If it involves things never done before, it WILL ALWAYS take a bit of time to solve things.
If you want to be helpful (and be helped as well), you could start listing infested files with as much detail as possible. But i rather doubt that any viruses are attached to the ini-files. No executables are contained in the pack, you are not forced to start any program other than what you already have on your computer (mainly the game plus a decompression program for opening the rar file).
So, understand that we suffer from trying to help people that can't seem to be able to even formulate what the help is that they need.

Think about it.

Btw, that post is a lot easier to read and to understand than the ones above. It's clearly forumulated, correct (and existing) punctuation, etc. You should try to read some other stuff people sometimes post. Style conveys emotion, maturity and what not. Lacking face to face communication, it's all we have. So it really is of some importance.

Sûl.

(*regretting the fact this topic has drifted in a rather strange direction*)

#40 griffin646

griffin646
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

My sister typed the thingy. I would have put it more gently. She didn't accuse you of distributing virus infected software. She just meant that there are viruses piggybacked on it and she doesn't want it on our computer. She's a girl that should explain everything. I personally don't know how the viruses got there, and I trust you people. My sister lives to make people mad at her. I'm sorry if that was offensive and my sister says shes sorry too. We had run a virus scan overnight and we found in the morning it had found 8 viruses in the SEE area.

~Yes, I'm sorry too--and if I learned one thing from the absolute failure of the Eragon movie, it's "better to ask forgiveness than permission."

My sister is a girl hence the title sister she has mood swings. I was a bit mad myself when I found about the viruses. I am sorry my sister deleted the viral files so we can't list them at the moment. We'll download it again and see if we get the same stuff.

~However, I can safely say, most of the viral software was attached to something with "applet" in the name. I'm considering that it may have to do with the winrar program more than the SEE mod. Only one of the viruses listed was involved in the source BFME file.

I didn't personally mind the derrogatory tone taken by 1 or 2 people at points, but when my sister gets mad she goes overboard. Personlly I can say I get irritated at some people that are like me.

Edited by griffin646, 01 December 2007 - 01:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users