#1 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:21 AM

*Topic edited into Official Praise topic* :thumbsupsmiley: /Naz

First want to say thank you for making this. I havent been at 3rd age for a while and when I came by saw the SEE banner and looked into it.
This is a super job you did. I have played all the LOTR related games that have come out. Your mod makes a decent game so much better. All 4 of my kids love it! It has everything they could have hoped for and more. Am glad I didnt waste my money on RoTWK. I have allot of reading to do to catch up on all that is this mod but I wanted to say "thanks".

There have been a few small things we notice in the game that doesn't seem like it should be that way so we think they are in need of tweaking, and we want to post on that...so shall I add to an existing thread or start a new one in a different subforum?

Also, the mod I downloaded, I got on Nov. 8

Is that the latest mod and how do you get updates? Are there mod patches, or do you re-download the entire mod again and it overwrites?

Thanks again and you (all) did great work.

Edited by Nazgûl, 05 October 2009 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

Hello in the forum:

yes, you have to download the whole mod every time.

Don't start new threads for your suggestions
Just look here:
http://forums.revora...?showforum=1645
Post in the Bug Hunt threads, if it's a bug, post it in the right suggestion threads if it's a suggestion to improve the mod.
Have fun in the forum :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#3 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thanks! I'm a two-yr old n00b! :thumbsupsmiley:

Just haven't been on forums much. Appreciate the help, I'll post there and also Nzgul PM'd a like message. I just don't want to p'o the mods with having comments in the wrong place.

thanks again
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

You are welcome "Aviator", as I guess the nick is really saying, hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

Mercyy is right, but don't forget to check the Introduction/Welcome thread too... here are all the basics:
http://forums.revora...showtopic=46719

I'm glad to have you in our forums, and thanks for the nice PM's =) even if I seldom answer private messages... :xcahik_:

Edited by Nazgûl, 23 July 2008 - 02:03 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Guest_mr_toad_*

Guest_mr_toad_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

BFME2 is definitely a great game on its own, but the SEE mod has added so much to it it's almost like playing BFME3.

I cannot begin to thank Nazgul and all of the other individuals who have devoted so much hard work and time to this mod. While all the additional game-play options are very cool, there's also so much done aesthetically that this mod is practically a form of art. I'm sure there's many, many other "silent lurkers" like myself out there who like me don't chime in very much but appreciate this community’s effort tremendously.

Take care, and good luck implementing all of your ambitious plans leading up to version 5.0.

#6 Sir Takamahri

Sir Takamahri
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

BFME2 is definitely a great game on its own, but the SEE mod has added so much to it it's almost like playing BFME3.

I cannot begin to thank Nazgul and all of the other individuals who have devoted so much hard work and time to this mod. While all the additional game-play options are very cool, there's also so much done aesthetically that this mod is practically a form of art. I'm sure there's many, many other "silent lurkers" like myself out there who like me don't chime in very much but appreciate this community’s effort tremendously.

Take care, and good luck implementing all of your ambitious plans leading up to version 5.0.

Exactly what he said!

Just without the part where he said "BFME2 is definitely a great game on its own". :lol:

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me!
A day may come when the courage of men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day. An hour of wars and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down; but it is not this day! This day we fight!
By all that you hold dear, on this good earth; I bid you stand! Men of the West!

-Aragorn, at the Black Gate T.A. 3019.

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

On bahlf of all the team - thank you so much guys :sleep:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

I also would like to send a big THANK YOU to Nazgûl and all his team for such a wonderful mod!!

Hail to the Úlairi! ^_^

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:14 AM

Thank you :)

*Merged with older similar topic into new Official Praise topic* :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

I LOVE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, HELLZ YEAH

sorry couldnt resist.
Just a though-
once its finished and fully polished to as much as we can, we should sell it or something, i would pay for this maybe force ppl to donate $10 US before they geta d\l link
and that money can go to a special fund or just a contribution box for Naz, maybe he might get enough to go to Disney Land or lunch at KFC (who knows)

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

And then I'd be arrested... :p Can't charge money for modding. It's EA's licence :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:19 AM

but you CAN get money for your work put to it, basically you get ppl to pay for your time and effort, and NOT the mod, basically they pay you rights to be allowed to play your mod. its considered a loop hole.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:22 AM

A loop hole which will see your fanbase decline very, very rapidly.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#14 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

true that, but if the mods good enough (which it is, in my opinion) nothing says !AWSOME MOD! more than a few spare dollars contributing to the mods leader and possibly other members who helped out allot.

EDIT: but i wouldnt do that, unless you go through EA.

Edited by DIGI_Byte, 29 August 2008 - 12:34 AM.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

I guess noone in their "right mind" would say no to money given to them by free will. But on the other hand (the hand of logic, morale and law) noone (at least none of the larger mods) do mod for this purpose. I started SEE by a "fluke" basically. I wanted longer Balrog life time, and ended up with this (due to the fact that ideas grew as more ppl joined in). Anyway... my point is that, naturally I'd be happy to collect same financial feedback for what I/we do as we DO sacrifice a LOT of free time into this project. But morally it would be majorly wrong, and it'd be illegal too, as this is, like I said, a licence that belongs to EA and all other involved companies like Tolkien Enterprises. We're allowed to mod, but we're not allowed to charge money for it. Simple as that

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

...I wanted longer Balrog life time...

Talk about getting carried away! LOL ;) ;) ;)

You're doing great, Naz. As much as I'd like to see a "Donate via paypal" link, it does set an example to other BFME-related sites that you do it for the love of the game. Well, love of the Mod, anyhow! ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Or rather... love of LotR I think... and being creative. Leaving something behind, and all that... =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Or rather... love of LotR I think... and being creative. Leaving something behind, and all that... =p

well isnt that the basis of a love or a passion towards something like a hobby or a free project, no-one makes or starts a mod for money. (companies don't count in this sentence)

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#19 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

all he wanted was longer Balrog time....and he got this!. lol

personally, im glad he got carried away! Cheers for SEE! :)

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

:p Thanks!

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users