#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

1) First off, the screenshot contest results are in. The beta team voted for the best overall contributor (based on each shot compared to total number) as well as best inividual shot. Congratulations to Gothmog14, who won in both votes with Grizzlez coming in a close second for overall.
Some Top Entries: 1 2 3 4 5

2) I've finished the Harad Watchtower. Slightly different than other tower structures, the Harad Towers come with Haradrim Lancers standing on top of the building. They can only hold 1 horde of Harad Lancers and you can remove them from the structure and add them back on as well as upgrading the weapon of the tower itself to poison arrows.
Screens: 1 2 3 4 5

3) Rhun Dragon. Now as far as purism goes this unit is not exactly canonical, though I could probably go into a lengthy explanation of why Rhun could have one the last remaining species of dragon. Anyway, on the front two expansion points of the Rhun fortress you can build the dragon statues. From here you can purchase one and only one small dragon/lizard from each. As the dragon gains experience it changes. At level one it runs across the ground, at level 2 it begins to use it's wings as it jumps from place to place. At level 4 you can take to the air and fly, and lastly at level 6 he is adorned with armor. (Credit to Edain-mod for the dragon ground animations)
Screens: 1 2 3 4

4) Well, a lot more work has been done on the build-plot castles. There is still a lot more to be done overall, but they are all functional and can be played in MP fashion. Again, this is only going to be on specific maps. There are three different map types you can play and this is only one.
Screens: Angmar 1 2 3, Dwarves 1 2, Elves 1 2, Goblins 1 2 3 4, Gondor 1 2, Isengard 1 2 3, Mordor 1 2 3 4, Rhun 1 2 3, Rohan 1 2 3

5) Lastly an important item. I'm looking for anyone who would like to join or help out RJ-RotWK. I'm not sure if there is any modellers/skinners that are available to help out, but I'd thought I'd put the call out. A lot of the work that is left is around structures and fx coding, though the structure of RJ is such that anything can fit and high resolution is better as the cameras can be unforgiving. So if you are interested send me a pm or e-mail (rob.n.karla@hotmail.com).

Robert J.

#2 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:43 AM

Hi,

Wow.

The Build Plots look great!!!

Where can i get the latest patch for the mod.
Cant find it in the private forums.
Posted Image

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:49 AM

The next private release is coming in the next day or so. I've been really worn out this week and did not get it ready in time, but it should be there in the next 2 days.

Robert J.

#4 lotrfan

lotrfan

title available

• Project Team
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:10 AM

K

Cant Wait!!!

Edited by lotrfan, 12 November 2007 - 01:13 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:18 AM

Nice update, you're missing Arnor's Castle though :blush: . Everything looks great as always :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

pretty sweet :rolleyes: cant wait for build plots

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#7 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

Nice update, you're missing Arnor's Castle though :blush: . Everything looks great as always :rolleyes:

Right now visually Arnor is the exact same as Gondor. I thought I'd show them once I finish Arnor's architecture. The walls will be similar to the Amon Hen Walls and I need to redo the fortress and buildings. So until then, they are just Gondor clones.

Robert J.

#8 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

Sounds good, good luck with that :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

Nice work so far. It's hard to believe how far this humble mod has come since I joined.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 scalaneo

scalaneo
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

Nice work so far. It's hard to believe how far this humble mod has come since I joined.

Great Mod. I can´t wait for this release. This is by far the great Mod for ROTWK.
:grin:

#11 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:44 PM

Looks pretty good, although I don't really like the idea of not having a Rohan skirmish AI again. Are you sure you can't finish it 'till the next release? :-(

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 12 November 2007 - 02:45 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#12 Thorin III Stonehelm

Thorin III Stonehelm
  • Project Team
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

Great update, Rob! The Rhun dragon idea is very good and unique, I hope the dragon will become not only winged with levels but also bigger.

#13 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

Wow, the RJ bases look so beautiful and complete with the plots in, I love it.

It still amazes me how much you manage to achieve in a week.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#14 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Looks pretty good, although I don't really like the idea of not having a Rohan skirmish AI again. Are you sure you can't finish it 'till the next release? :-(

Well, that is one of the things that I'm finishing up now. I've been going through and creating all the .bse files for them. (I'm also talking about Fortress maps and the 4-5 other AI maps). The only thing I might not get through it the spell purchasing scripts.) This is for the BFME2 style, btw.

#15 Grizzlez

Grizzlez

title available

• Project Team
  • 667 posts
  •  Coder/ini/FX writer, Skinner

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:09 PM

tell me when you need fx doing so i can begin
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

Nice update! But i must ask you to upload the next private beat to other place than the3rdage.net, i can't download iut from there.

Now I can!!!! I was able to download the S.E.E 4.5 from site.

Edited by fehik, 13 November 2007 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Guest_Justarius_*

Guest_Justarius_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

The next private release is coming in the next day or so. I've been really worn out this week and did not get it ready in time, but it should be there in the next 2 days.

Robert J.

I really enjoyed this mod (1.04/1.05) and would really love to play the next update. How can I get in on the next private release? And will the Arnor faction bug be fixed on WOTR in the next release? Thanks a lot for all the hard work you all put into this. It brings a fresh experience every time I play.

Cheers!

#18 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

Im not sure if Rob will remember this, however I did offer to help out with SFX and VFX for this mod. However because I am not a coder it is impossible for me to implement any work I can provide without being able to test it ingame. Things such as powers for the wizards (if they were already assigned a stock FX texture) I could overwrite existing FX with my own and test them ingame.

The same goes for SFX, without being able to assign sfx entries to characters I cannot test how well they work ingame. I felt the need to mention this in hopes that the next update will allow me to help out in this form...if not then no worries.

blackdragon.jpg

#19 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:48 AM

I definitely would love you to help out. You can contact me via MSN rob.n.karla@hotmail.com or send me a pm and e-mail and let me know what you can do and what you need from me.

Robert J.

#20 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:08 PM

Thanks, I did speak to you on MSN before, just havn't seen you on since. Incase I don't see you again, what I need is the code work in place in order to apply visual FX. For instance you asked if I could make a desert FX (like tained land)...I could, but without being able to test it ingame I cant see how well it works. If you were able to assign certain powers a temporary fx (like a duplicated tainted FX called something like DesertLand) I could then overwrite it and test ingame.

Same applies to hero powers, I said I could help with powers of the blue wizards, but until the have powers and assigned FX I cant work on them. I know some very basic coding, so altering things like FX coloring (if its lightning) wouldn't be too hard. I know this is asking alot but perhaps if you can think about it maybe? lol

blackdragon.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users