Some questions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LaDainian

LaDainian
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

How do I get a new fortress to work for a new faction? I want it to be an exact copy of the elven fortress except I want it to build a new kind of porter. So I've tried making a copy of the elven fortress, NoldorFortress, I've made a new commandset for this and made the proper changes to playertemplate.ini but still the fortress that I start the game with builds the old elven porter. What more do I need to change?

If I want to change how much money I start out with in the maps with permanent fortresses, like Rivendell, I probably have to change this somewhere in map.big, right? But Rivendell doesn't seem to have a map.ini-file and I dont't really think I would know what to do with it if it had one. Any help?

I've brought this up before and apparantly nobody knew the answer but I'll try again: How do you change what Elvenwood/Tainted Land does? If I would like it to do something else than give 50%+ armor.

#2 Deathbringer

Deathbringer
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

If I want to change how much money I start out with in the maps with permanent fortresses, like Rivendell, I probably have to change this somewhere in map.big, right? But Rivendell doesn't seem to have a map.ini-file and I dont't really think I would know what to do with it if it had one. Any help?

You will have to open the map with the world builder and script it so that it will have the money you want.

but still the fortress that I start the game with builds the old elven porter. What more do I need to change?

You will have to make a new porter.ini and add him to your fort.it will be the same as elven porter.So you will have to make a new model for him and then add him.that is all i know so far

Edited by Deathbringer, 14 November 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#3 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

geeze most of deathbringer is right except command button as well and also his own command set

#4 LaDainian

LaDainian
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

I already made a new porter. The two porters I start out the game with are the right ones but any porter I build is the old elven porter.

NoldorPorter's commandset:
CommandSet NoldorPorterCommandSet   
   1  = Command_Stop
   2  = Command_PorterExtinguishFire   
   3  = Command_ConstructElvenMallornTree
   4  =	Command_ConstructNoldorBarracks
   5  = Command_ConstructElvenStatue
   6  =	Command_ConstructElvenWatchTower
   7  = Command_ConstructElvenMirrorOfGaladriel   
   8  = Command_ConstructEregionForge
   9  =	Command_ConstructElvenWallHub  
   10 = Command_ConstructNoldorFortress

End

NoldorFortress Commandset
CommandSet NoldorFortressCommandSet
	InitialVisible = 6
	//Main Menu
	1	= Command_ConstructNoldorPorter
;	2	= Command_ConstructNoldorWarriorHorde			; Added for BFME2 Expansion
	2   	= Command_SelectRevivablesElvenFortress
	3	= Command_SelectUpgradesElvenFortress
	4	= Command_PurchaseNewEagle	
	6	= Command_Sell

And I did change the commandset in NoldorFortress.ini and make all the necessary commandbuttons. It appears that my fortress is using the wrong commandset for some reason but I can't really figure out why.

#5 LaDainian

LaDainian
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

And another question: How do you get to use CaH-heroes for new factions? Just adding the faction to the list of usable factions in the CaH-file doesn't work.

#6 Turin Turumbar

Turin Turumbar
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

CaH is harcoded, you cant add CaH to complet new factions without editing the game.dat and this is illegal

#7 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:02 PM

editing game.dat is illegal? why?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

It's impossible, not illegal...

#9 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

CaH is harcoded, you cant add CaH to complet new factions without editing the game.dat and this is illegal

:OOOOOOOOOO i wouldnt say its illegal but it sounds impossible :thumbsupsmiley:

#10 Turin Turumbar

Turin Turumbar
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

It is possible :closedeyes:
But to change the game.dat is illegal, because it is the same, as making a crack, the crack changes the game.dat => illegal. You change the game.dat => illegal too :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users