78 replies to this topic

#41 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Well this is all we wanted GM. It's a shame you're leaveing the modding scene but ultimatly its your choice. All i can say is thank you for you help and advice over the years, its definatly made its mark in the community and me aswell :)

The only thing i request is that you will come back every now and then just to check up on us. ^_^
Posted Image

#42 Gaffel

Gaffel

title available

• Members
  • 387 posts
  •  <-_->

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:50 AM

great, two major mods are dead. I dont think they are gonig to find a new 3d artist. The reason I stay as becuse of playing RS and FC.
Witch other mods can we expect? AG:RH and DDay, great mods, I check back in 2014 and se if they have been released or died.

****GONE*****

#43 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

Yeah? Well don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. :)

RS isn't dead. Plain and simple. Dev may slow for a bit but we have lives. So unless you have something useful to say, Gaffel, plz don't say owt. You haven't even started whining, really, and you're already getting on my wick.

I should explain that my opinion of people who think modders owe them something is particularly low...

Edited by Paradox, 23 November 2007 - 12:39 PM.

#44 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

Ah thanks for doing work for Robot Storm Gamemate, if you ever decide to return feel free to, to be honest you really should work at your own pace, so say if you want to do a 3D building do one every so often when you feel like it and don't feel constricted as that's what hobbies are.. in anycase good luck with your social life and I hope you come round Revora to chat or just to poke and see what we are up to :)

And Gaffel don't go PMS on us, because RS isn't dead ^_^

Edited by Elerium, 23 November 2007 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:05 PM

I am not looking for attention....

I was planning to write down the full reason to why I am leaving. It summarise as no time, maybe you have not noticed but the updates on the mods I help out with has decreased quite some. When you feel that you do not help the teams and just slow them down, then it is time to leave. I hope that RS team finds a new 3d artist, the mod really brings out a potential of the YR engine that is just amazing.

Truly sorry for the people I have let down with this decision, but I got to live too. Sacrificing most of the social life just for an hobby does not work in the long run. Anyway good luck all and I will still visit and follow the mods progress.

@ Gaffel: Write so everyone can understand you :) Translation: "Is this a joke by the RS team, that they only know of? When you get back at Christmas or what the fuck do I know with a new release. As if you have been raped, can´t even write a last letter."

No it is not a joke. No I won´t be back to modding, I will be around if someone wants advice though. I had plans to write something, I am not sure if you can imagine how hard it is to leave something you done for a vast amount of years (with high dedication I might add...)? Let alone explain it to people that you are letting down?

Ah gamemate, would appreciate if you'd finish that "arrangement" part i e-mailed you about (unless i screwup with that e-mail) and I don't think you slow/not help anything down as I thought none of us are in a clock and i certainly don't think that way but sorry if you felt that way or others insisted on such.

@ Gaffel: It would be a very bad joke to pull as its been rough days for quite sometime already without mentioning it in public and it would be rather surprisingly lucky to have x-mas release...

@ GM: I don't think it is letting down, it is just reality as all good things come to an end eventually and you are perfectly within your rights to say "Sorry guys i'm done with this and wish you luck with it" and well thats it IMO and I think you misjudge your company alone having a effect as I rather enjoyed much our discussions besides the working on things deal so you should definitely stick around otherwise while obviously refuse work, its that simple (or block if not get drift) . ^_^

hope to talk in person like good 'ol times, you know :)

as for RS... it continues as it always has in its own way until I can do no more for it and I've not yet at arrived that stage as graphics are just graphics while I'm mostly implementing interesting gameplay where rest is a bonus and some news for RS hopefully this weekend or next week atleast despite this deal.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#46 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:51 PM

(incredibil...l-a intristat pe persoana mea)

#47 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:49 PM

Bye, Gamemate.

BTW, I have big plans with my own mod(most of the YR/RA2 things is gonna be remade).

Edited by partyzanPaulZy, 23 November 2007 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#48 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

Cya later my friend and thanks for an explanation. :p

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hey there Gamemate I just want to say Thank you for all your help with EE and Advice I really do thank you I dont know what I could have done without you. Its sad your going but we all have to go and social life I think is more important. I hope work and everything goes well. Cya friend :p

Thanks

Hogo

#50 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:00 AM

i must also thankyou for helping me with my morale

#51 Gosho

Gosho

Go for it!

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Projects:C&C Mahaira
  •  Doing something hideous, disturbing, anti-social

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Farewell Gamemate. Your work on the C&C mods has been an inspiration and a great example of what all we modders should strive to be. The only thing I can ask from you is the return of the Future Crisis forums as a memorial of your work.

Good luck in life :p

#52 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for all the help Gamemate and Gaffel stop being a fucking prick, we aren't being paid for this. I might just spite you and release ag: rh with password.
Posted Image

#53 EcclairLS

EcclairLS

Me Likey. ;D

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Projects:Another Random Mod :D
  •  Whats this??

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

well this is a good bye to GameMate...... (thinking about the future of modding..)
There are times when a man remembered his greatest moments in life. Oh really? >_>

#54 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

last thing you can do:
leave your work so people can remember you

@AG:are you going to give me the pass? :)

#55 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

Right im getting fed up with this, Gamemate was a GREAT 3d moddler but he's not the only person out there in the community with that skill... and even if he was this mean we have to learn theses skills OURSELVES!

With the amount of people out there relying on those with skills to do their stuff, its going to end up with community veterans forming their own guild, in which they'll share resources amongst themselves and not bothering to help anyone. :)

Its not the end of the world...
Posted Image

#56 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

I'm very surprised that eventuality has not already come to pass (although it did try in the rather warped and twisted form that was Derelict Studios). It would surely be of benefit to the community as a whole...

#57 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Thing is that it could either be a benifit to the community or the downfall of it because people may not bother to learn the skills because they are too relyant on others, and lazy :)
Posted Image

#58 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

That is true... but if you want one unit for a mod you don't usually wait 3-4 years to become highly skilled at 3D art to make it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

Xeno,i think you should agree with O-Bolt's point

#60 WrathOfLust

WrathOfLust

Celsia9SS

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega,Robot Storm.
  •  Beta Tester/Sugester.

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

Perhaps if people WERE payed for this sorta thing,so lets say shp/voxel that sorta thing would be 5 dollars or something a mod usualy needs around 40 of those 40 x 5 we have 200 $ for the work of a voxel artist its not much but he can use the money to buy better programs to make voxels/shps faster.Of course no one would want to dish out 200 buks on a hobby,but come to think of it if this hobby lasted for 2-3 years 200 dollars isnt that much at all.Especialy that not only the mod's staff would be paying for those but fans who want there favorite mod to come out would also donate some cash.

Edited by WrathOfLust, 24 November 2007 - 08:40 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Fear My Kirovs!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users