• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

All for BFME1

1. I want to make the starting resources higher and the starting money higher. How do i do so? If i need a code could someone provide a template with all i have to do is change the amount of start money and CP limit. All my maps I am working on are 4 player max.

2. So far on my first map i have made the mountains and done the terrain and made certain areas impassible(mountains). If i use the mound tool and make it minus so that water shows will that show as water in-game or a black pit? If so how do I make a river/lake, I can seem to make the water tool to work. It just makes a line.

3. Do i have to include any manual scripts for player starts, outposts, farms, etc. or are they done automatically? My maps will be really basic and I have very little coding knowledge and only know html to some degree.

Thanks

Posted Image

#2 Nolis

Nolis

Panathinaikos for ever...

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Projects:Battle for Heaven and Hell, Return of the Eldar, Evil Mod II, Inheritance Mod, Taralomian Assault(on hold)
  •  Mapper & more than basic coder

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

1. If you want it only for the map you have to deo some scripts...

2. After you make that line with the river tool just drag it in order to become a river.

3. For player starts you have to put some waypoints and name them player_1start etc. (don't write it you'll surely find it), for outposts just put them on the map and add the capture flag and for farms put farm templates.
Cower at the Arrival of Death

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

.:.('.').:.

I was born to be the best, No1 and nothing less...

Jobs in modelling and skinning availlable in Battle for Heaven and Hell.Click here to join.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

Ignore everything Nolis said.

@Nolis - he said for BFME 1

1. Scripting does this. Very easy, go to the scripts menu. Create a new script, leave the If True bit alone. Go to THEN, add new line, find the money script (under Player I think). It asks for a team/player, choose All_Players. Do the same for CP.

2. A lake needs at least 4 points, joined together. A river needs 6. After closing the shape, play about with the lake/river settings. If nothing appears, try raising the water height. Also, change the lake texture, the default is a horrible sky blue. Rivers are awkward to make, after setting the six points, you then have to move the points around to make it flow properly.

3. Go to http://www.the3rdage.net, go to articles, then worldbuilder and find the multiplayer set up one by me. That explains how to make all the economy and bases work in game. It's quite simple to understand, and its all done in Worldbuilder.
Posted Image

#4 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:08 AM

Thanks!! :p

Posted Image

#5 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:20 AM

One more question it has Player "???" to 0
Do I change that to(for example):
Player "1" to 500
Player "2" to 500

Posted Image

#6 Deathbringer

Deathbringer
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:47 AM

The player thing needs to be Player_1 , Player_ 2 .......... or whatever player you want and the 0 you can change it to whatever you wish.this 0 is for the money.

Example : Set Player "Player_1" 's money to 8000. Done.

#7 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

Like I said in my post, set it to All Players. Unless you want different amounts per team.
Posted Image

#8 lord of darkness

lord of darkness
  • New Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

one question
-i have create all the things mountains door buildings and units how i do to create that of the second player?
-WHAT I HAVE TO DO FOR PLAY THE MAP?
-T_____T can i skin my own heros?

#9 Nolis

Nolis

Panathinaikos for ever...

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Projects:Battle for Heaven and Hell, Return of the Eldar, Evil Mod II, Inheritance Mod, Taralomian Assault(on hold)
  •  Mapper & more than basic coder

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Ignore everything Nolis said.

@Nolis - he said for BFME 1

Oops. I must have my eyes checked. :dry:
sry!
Cower at the Arrival of Death

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

.:.('.').:.

I was born to be the best, No1 and nothing less...

Jobs in modelling and skinning availlable in Battle for Heaven and Hell.Click here to join.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users