Photo

FAQ: After this downtime, my site is blank, screwed up or not including other files!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:08 AM

The cPanel guys is still finishing to sort the server and we've already figured out one of the issues from php5, which I managed to fix in PPM. For some reason, the PHP is rejecting URL includes. We are looking to enable it as soon as we figure out how to do it. We know that most hostees that relies on MasterNews may noticed that their sites are not looking good. Here's a sample of victim.

To fix it, if you really feel it is necessary, make sure your includes do not include files using http://www.blahblahb...h.com/etcetcetc

This is a temporary problem and will be fixed as soon as possible. So, maybe, it is not necessary to fix your site yet.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#2 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:17 AM

This should be outdated now, as PHP 4 is again the default, and things should be working correctly.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#3 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:21 PM

In a short note, I've noticed that @includes('http://www.mysite.com/blahblahblah'); works well on PHP5 here from the server. If you remove the @, it still fails. Too bad that the vast majority of the sites in the network doesn't use the @, I'm looking to get this sorted before any final move to php5.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#4 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Update: This issue will no longer happen, even on php5.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users