Battle 2:The Valley of Hope

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#21 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:47 AM

Zhibain, as he fought off the two large orcs assailing him, shouted his name over his shoulder to the other dwarf, "I am called Zhibain. What do they call you?" As the other dwarf yelled, "Burlybeard" back at him, Zhibain dropped his hammer on the orc's foot, slammed his fist into his nose, ripped one of his throwing axes from his pouch, along with one of his light steel axes. he slammed his throwing axe into the orc, embedding its blade into his flesh. He sliced an ugly slash across the orc's chest with his other axe, then slammed his boot into the orc's stomach. The orc fell, winded, bleeding, and bruised. Zhibain picked up his hammer, and with one hand he slammed it into the other orc's face. "That will teach you to follow me!" This temporarily stunned the orc, so Zhibain grabbed the edge of Burlybeard's robe and hauled him towards the dwarven line.
"We need to get to safety!"
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Middle Earth Master

Middle Earth Master
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:57 AM

Hashnark slowly pulled the arrow from his shoulder and carfuly put it into his pack. If Sharakk doesn't kill that dwarf, I will, with his own arrow He retrieved his axe and spear from a nearby corpse before following Sharakk into the fray. He soon found his friend battling against the dwarf. The dwarf had abandonded his bow and had retrieved his broadswords. Sharakk to had abandoned his normal weapons in favor of a massive two-handed dwarven war axe. It was obvious that it had done some damage for a broken shield and hammer lay on the ground in front of the dwarf. He obviously did not want to have to use his swords unless forced to. Hashnark charged towards the dwarf just as Sharakk had brought down his axe upon the dwarfs swords. The dwarf went flying through the air and landed with a thud a couple yards away. Hashnark nodded towards his friend and then strod forward towards the fallen dwarf.

(Wow im confused. From what jimmyman said it sounded like he was off on his own. Now he fighting beside LordEcthelion?)

Edited by Middle Earth Master, 30 November 2007 - 04:02 AM.

"And Hitler ended up in a ditch, covered in petrol, on fire. So thats fun; I think thats funny." -Eddie Izzard

#23 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

(You and me both, but this whole thing is getting confusing...)
(And just so you know, I'd never ditch Chaos for a Dwarven 2H Axe, but it's fine this once :good: )

The dwarf finally drew his swords when Hashnark joined Sharakk. He instantly knocked the large Dwarven axe from his hands, so he drew Chaos once again, stained red from its kills. Sword clashed with sword, as he and Hashnark swung at the dwarf. It seemed like neither side could gain the upper hand, for every strike made was blocked. Sharakk grabbed the smaller dwarven axe from his belt, catching the dwarf off guard when he swung it between the two swords, denting the dwarf's helm and knocking him back. "Let's end this, my friend!" They came to the dwarf, who now lay dazed from the blow to the head.

Edited by Eldarion25, 30 November 2007 - 05:04 AM.

Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 mumak king

mumak king
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

azoga was hurt his legs ere just able to keep him up and he had been ordered to leave the batlle as he was too injured to fight so he followed orders but as he was getting close to the edge of battle when he was hit by a arrow in his leg he tumbled down as he could not longer stay up what will happen to me now im here helpless maybe thought dead will i be left here i cant move a inch i just need to hope no dwarf sees me alive or ill be dead for sure

#25 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

(well if you go back again, youll see that Zhibain saw a dwarf with red and gold armor ((me)) and went to aid me. when Sharakk tackled me and raised his sword, ill go this way, as he swung down, Zhibain interferred and saved me, dragging me away. you guys quickly followed and now were at the point were at now)

Burly backed away, cluching his head in pain. He looked up into what could easily be his death. He dropped Blood Red, favoring the shoulder with the stab wound, and shoute the comand word of Grey Death. As he stood tall and looked on his opponents, he thought he recognized the one with the sword.
"I know you....the orc village...a scouting party..."
The orcs charged together, and he managed to get two parries before backing away.
"I lead that scouting party...after i had gotten to this castle, i was very angry and bitter at my families death-" the orcs charged again, and he parried and beat back some blows, yet continued to talk "-I walked into your village and we immediately met resistance." The large orc cut accross slicing deep into Burly's chest. He cursed in pain. "An elder orc and his wife. I fought them. I could see you in the window behind them." He smirked at the orc. Him and his comrade had halted the stalk to him for a moment. "I slew them both, I stabbed your mother in the heart, and cut off your fathers head. It felt good to finally be rid of a troublseome itch in your heart. When i rid you of your parents i lost the memory of mine." The orc went berserk and charged him. it hit Burly straight in the face and sent him sailing through the air. When he got up, he spat out a tooth, pulled free his spear and said "I want you to look upon the face of your parents killer," and pulled off his helmet. He charged. Both the orcs charged back and when they met in the middle, it seemed the gods had sent a storm down to the ground.

Edited by jimmyman, 01 December 2007 - 01:00 AM.

Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#26 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:56 AM

(Oops, my bad :p )

Sharakk had lost control, rage seeping through every inch of his body. He screamed, crashing Chaos at the dwarf and knocking him back. "YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU'VE TAKEN FROM ME! I WILL HUNT YOU ACROSS THIS ENTIRE EARTH UNTIL YOUR LAST BREATH!" Sharakk's body shook as he crashed blow after blow upon the dwarf. Hashnark distracted the other dwarf, realizing that Sharakk would have to fight this one without him. Sharakk hacked at the dwarf's wrist, feeling the crack of bones under the weight of the sword. The dwarf fell back, and Sharakk followed him, striking down every dwarf in his path with ease. A mass of dwarven bodies lay in a path, none even able to defend themselves from the onslaught. The blade strangly started to have a faint white glow emit from it. "YOU WILL PAY WITH YOUR LIFE!" Sharakk crashed into the dwarf, sword clashing with sword.
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:18 AM

(some thing will happen that will make you seem happier a assure you haha)

Burly felt his wrist snap under the weight of the blow. He staggered backwards and fell onto the grass of the battlefield, quickly getting up. He turned around to see the orc charging him, and he raised his spear to parry. The blow was hard and it pushed down his traditional weapon. Burly pushed back as hard as he can until he had the orc's sword locked with his. He spat in the orc's face. "You look upon the murderer of your family, and this is it. You use blind rage to cut and hack your way through my brother's new family. You should be ashamed. And do you think a shattered wrist will help you, no it won't. I'm still as strong as before!" As he ended there the orc lifted up and flung him. Far and wide. he landed with a thump to his head on a rock blacking him out. He awoke a few seconds later to see the orc stalking towards him. as the orc raised the blade to skewer him he heard a shout and a huge dwarven body fly towards the orc.
Fiercebeard, brother of Burlybeard, had been watching his brother's progress across the battlefield and when he saw him fly through the air, he charged. His huge bulk propelled orcs aside and flung him to his brother fast. Covered head to toe in chain mail he launched himself in front of the blade descending on his brother and raised his kite shield. The shield split down the middle, so he pulled free his warhammer and started swinging. the hammer collided with the orcs sword several times. The orc then smirked and backed away and Fierce looked startled. As he stared another orc jumped from a rock and plunged an arrow-all to similar to the ones in Burly's quiver-into his throat. He staggered back and collapsed, losing his breathing slowly. The orc with the sword strode forward and brandished his sword into the air. "I will make an example of you to your companion Dwarf for interferring." The orc swung, cutting through Fiercebeard's neck and then stabbed him through the middle.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Burlybeard roared, as load and hard as he could. His cry was heard all along the dwarf and orc lines, and frightened many of both sides.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#28 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:45 PM

We must bring in the ballistias. "Men bring the ballistias forward" Nar immediately ran to the nearest ballistia "I will fire the first shot" Nar pulled back the lever and a flaming bolt cut through dwarven ranks. "now bring the fires of doom upon these maggots" The ballistia started firing one after another destroying the dwarven front line. Nar heard a crashing sound near him a ambitious dwarf had come behind the orc lines and had destroyed a ballistia. He pointed at Sharakk "MY gaurd forget that dwarf and go after the one attacking the ballistia." Nar then took a spear out of the ground and threw it at a recently arrived dwarven bowmen brigade. A bowmen fell and a orc pillaged weapons from his body.
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#29 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

Ballistae? This fight cannot be won if we don't stop them!

He ran backwards, away from the fight. "Send for some catapults or something! We need those ballistae taken out," he said to a runner whom had stayed for the purpose of relaying mesages.

"Now to find someone worth fighting beside," he muttered to himself. He walked back towards the line of the fight, and spotted a dwarf wearing armor that distinguished him from the rest of the dwarves. Pulling a random dwarf aside, he pointed to the one who was doing a fine job of massacring the orcs, and asked, "Who is that?"
The dwarf responded, "Have ye not heard of Zhibain? He be a legend aroond here!"
"Thank you."

Nihilinius walked towards the well-trained 'Zhibain', and began to fight alongside him. "Pleasure to be fighting with you today, Zhibain," he said as he gutted an orc. "This should be a load of fun." He decapitated another.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#30 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

("your way through my brother's new family"... :p Ah well :lol: )

Sharakk tried to go again after the dwarf, but 5 orcs started bringing him back, one being Hashnark (who had hit Fiercebeard with the arrow), on Nar's orders, struggling against them the whole time. "LET ME KILL THAT SCUM! LET GO OF ME!" He punched one in the face, knocking him down. "Enough! Sharakk, I have a job for you," Nar said. "Defend the Ballistae from the dwarves, they may be the key to winning the battle." Sharakk was reluctant to give up his hunt on his parent's murderer, but he couldn't risk going against the Chief's orders. "Yes, Nar, I will." He ran up to a Ballistae that was being attacked by a group of dwarves wielding axes. He swung Chaos, decapitating one and getting the attention of the others. He deflected one axe, slashing the dwarf through the stoumach and splitting him in two. He then stabbed one through the head, who fell lifeless to the ground. He felt an axe cut into his leg, and he hacked down on the dwarf, killing him. He cut off the last dwarf's axe-arm, and he fell to the ground. "Spare me! I'm defenceless!"...

Chaos fell in an ark towards the dwarf...

Edited by Eldarion25, 01 December 2007 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 mumak king

mumak king
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

azoga was weak on the ground when he saw ballistas rolling up near him and they started fireing then a bit later dwarves attacked them and again a while later the commander who had ordered him to run came and started slaying dwarves he killed many but he must have been distracted as a dwarf knocked him down and closed up for the final blownow is my chance to repay him for saving my life i need to gather all of my strenght for one final attack azoga in a sudden burst of adrenaline(or whats is adredaline for orcs) raised up took his sword and throwed it with all his strenght the sword flew right trough the dwarf and continued flying hitting a other dwarf who had came to help the first one then azoga fell exhausted to the ground and just layed there waiting what would happen

#32 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:47 PM

Rothgar who was resting from his previous battle readied himself. with his small horde of clan warriors he sounded the trumpets and went into battle. his rage was heard upon all and he killed many orcs but also lost men.

(*beep* i didnt know when battle 2 started. TBG can u send out pm's when battles is going to start)

#33 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

(lol...its supposed to mean hes adopted the dwarf clan as his family but w.e)

Burly laid there, against the cold stone, staring at his brother's face. He heaved himself to his feet, retrieved his weapons and donned his helmet again. He turned and grabbed his brother's old tarnished warhammer and brandished it. Where he was was located on the top of a steep, short hill. He looked down into the ammassed armies fighting below him and jumped. He landed on two orc, and broke another's neck with his hammer. He pulled free Red Blood and swung, striking an orc and feeling the energy flow through the blade. He backhanded another with his hammer, feeling the bones crunch under the impact. I must find the king, must protect my homeland.
Sig by Serated

#34 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:26 PM

rothgar saw the dead body of fiercebeard lying dead against the rock, he ordered 2 of his strongest soldiers to carry him back to the fortress. rothgar yelled like (christopher biggins in im a celebrity get me out of here when he ate those cochroachs)

he grabbed his axe and lobbed it into the crotch of a orc. he then thrusted it upwards and slit him up to the chest. he than spat on the orc and said

"brothers and kinsmen tonight we dine in hell!"

Edited by elvenfury, 01 December 2007 - 11:27 PM.

#35 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

(OCC sure I'll send them out next time :p )
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#36 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:06 PM

((Rofl EF, you totally didn't manage to see that film 300, I'm guessing.))

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#37 Nolis

Nolis

Panathinaikos for ever...

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Projects:Battle for Heaven and Hell, Return of the Eldar, Evil Mod II, Inheritance Mod, Taralomian Assault(on hold)
  •  Mapper & more than basic coder

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:08 PM

After not knowing that the battle had started because he was on a long trip, Ascarhak got right into the action. He ran at the left side of the Valley and started shooting down enemies with his Elven bow like he was in training, while shouting "Ascarhak is here!"

(TBG send me pm too)

Edited by Nolis, 02 December 2007 - 07:08 PM.

Cower at the Arrival of Death

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

.:.('.').:.

I was born to be the best, No1 and nothing less...

Jobs in modelling and skinning availlable in Battle for Heaven and Hell.Click here to join.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Middle Earth Master

Middle Earth Master
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

(Best Guest and Elvenfury, can you guys get onto the WoA site? I can't)

Hashnark, after retrieving to arrow and draging Sharakk back to the balistas, returned to the ragging battle. His axe sang with each blow and his sword was drenched with blood. Dwarves fell with their limbs mangled and the life removed from them. Hashnark joined a group of orcs and together demolished a group of armored dwarves moving to attack the balistas. Suddenly the dwarf with the red and gold armor and the dwarf with the war hammer attacked the group of orcs. They were soon joined by another dwarf who yelled "Pleasure to be fighting with you today, Zhibain," at the dwarf with the warhammer. The trio of dwarves massacered most of the orcs until they reached Hashnark and the remaining orcs. The dwarf in red and gold armor suddenly screamed in rage when he saw Hashanrk "YOU! YOU WERE THE FRIEND OF THE ORC THAT KILLED MY BROTHER!!" The dwarf named Zhibain also reconized Hashnark as one of the orcs who had attacked him before, and yelled in anger. All three charged at Hashnark, who blocked all their attacks at the same time. "BRING IT ON YOU CURSED DWARVES! YOU SHALL FALL BEFORE THE STEELY KISS OF MY BLADES!!" yelled Hashnark.
"And Hitler ended up in a ditch, covered in petrol, on fire. So thats fun; I think thats funny." -Eddie Izzard

#39 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

(OCC nope)
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#40 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:24 PM

Leading the core of the right flank, Prakhatulûk threw himself into the fray. Literally. Prakhatulûk, with a roar to inspire agression in his loyal fellow orcs, leaped into the center of a group of Dwarves. Bashing aside the thrusting halberds, one Dwarf's axe skimmed his armour. Eye slits narrowing, Prakhatulûk ripped apart the dwarf with such vengeance to rival the brutality of an uruk lieutenant. Dwarves faltered around him, flinching from the sheer but crude orc's nature. Primitive fighting... is there any other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users