• 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for pointing out the problem. Revora totally failed/failes to create any incentives, that's why there is a lack of staff. Do you really think I'd join as NL and not offer to provide support, like porting a skin for example? You know, there are people who believe in work for the community, not everyone only looks for himself and avoids work.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#22 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

I wasn't serious, man.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#23 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

Yes it's possible, but writing it would probably take longer than just converting the skins
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#24 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:58 PM

There is a tool included in the AdminCP for that :p It still leaves holes where new skin elements are, and the automatic result doesn't always look perfect, but it is a great help.

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#25 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for pointing out the problem. Revora totally failed/failes to create any incentives, that's why there is a lack of staff. Do you really think I'd join as NL and not offer to provide support, like porting a skin for example? You know, there are people who believe in work for the community, not everyone only looks for himself and avoids work.

So tell me what incentive we should offer? An internet cookie? We both know (don't play games) that the best way to recriut is through our own users. They're here, waiting to be given a "raise"

Are we looking for them? Do we have the time to look for them? Or are we leading divisions based on (things are running well)

I bet if we look deep into T3A and so far on... that we will find talent there and we simply decided to let them be users as opposed to identifying leaders. Hybrid was correct as well, as I was, when I created T3A.

Recruit, and always be recruiting, and always be recruiting your replacement. :p

#26 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:39 AM

How about actually going to a server tech community and posting a help request there? I've been going on about this for centuries, you could even offer them webspace free to use for their help or something. I bet you could recruit like 5 in one go, put them on probation first then just say goodbye to the ones who don't meet the expectances. It's quite simple, and will help everybody in the end.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#27 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

How about actually going to a server tech community and posting a help request there? I've been going on about this for centuries, you could even offer them webspace free to use for their help or something. I bet you could recruit like 5 in one go, put them on probation first then just say goodbye to the ones who don't meet the expectances. It's quite simple, and will help everybody in the end.

There's a rather big difference between getting someone to do site related stuff and trusting them as a server tech. Giving them full access to the server is a big step, and not something I do without knowing the person, and working with them extensively.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#28 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

I'm inclined to agree with MM here. We don't know their intentions, and I know you'll come back with the "not everyone wants to destroy revora" line, but so what? It only takes one. One person could bring this entire network to its knees. No offense to those of them that would in fact be willing to help, but I believe they'd need a probation period before being allowed access to the entire server.

Posted Image

#29 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

Jesus if your offering people to develop their skills i doubt their first intention is to fuck you in the arse. Are you retarded gandalf?

Whilst i see what you are saying Justin, i'm sure the only way to find out is on a limited trial where you watch them closely. I doubt people are going to start screwing with the server just for a laugh. I think your being paranoid man.

#30 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:09 PM

Please, stop the insults. Criticism is totally okay. Personal insults, however, are not.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#31 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:21 PM

Sorry. I apoligize. However I think people are being overly paranoid about this idea. The purpose of thge probation period is a test to see if they are capable of the job. Also if you don't trust people that much, make backups.

Edited by Hybrid, 04 December 2007 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users