Fonts

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 GeneralAdmission

GeneralAdmission
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

Glad you guys have found this useful. ;)

Be sure to read through the comments and instructions included in the fontsubstitution.ini file. It explains how the interpolation is calculated between point sizes. It also details how to return different replacement fonts based on point size, and how to add boldface type. My code can be reduced to just the first and last lines with the same result, since any requested font size between 8 and 20 will be interpolated within the same numerical range.

I guess that for computers that doesn't have that font, wouldn't see the font...
However, if it would go to a "default" font, or not show up very readable at all, I do not know

would probably be best to have the font included in the mod's installer wink.gif
Or zip file atleast

If the computer does not have the substitution font you specify then it appears Arial will be used, but it will utilize the point values you specify. If you use a non-standard font for your mod, then you will need to include it in the mod distribution and make sure it is manually or automatically installed in Windows' font folder. see Lord of the Rings Junkie's post below.

I'd be happy to write up an article, but it will have to wait for awhile since I'm up to my neck with my widescreen and triplehead mods for BFME2 and RotWK (currently working out resizing/repositioning of 2D menu elements :D ). If anyone is interested, they are hosted at the Widescreengamingforum:
http://www.widescree...pic.php?t=14099
http://www.widescree...th_2_Camera_Fix

Edited by GeneralAdmission, 28 September 2008 - 02:45 AM.

#22 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:13 AM

If the computer does not have the font and you run your mod via the mod command, simply place the font in your root mod folder.
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#23 GeneralAdmission

GeneralAdmission
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:49 AM

If the computer does not have the font and you run your mod via the mod command, simply place the font in your root mod folder.

Didn't know that. Very useful!

#24 druchii22

druchii22

WotR Coder

• Project Team
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK Beta Tester, Battles of the 3rd Age, some other little mods
  •  INI Coder

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

I tried (with Ringbearer), it didn't work. :ninja:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

Where did you place the font? It shouldn't be in your data folder or anything, simply place it in the root folder. (The same one that asset.dat is in.)

Also, this is running the mod from a folder and not a .BIG file. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 28 September 2008 - 04:44 PM.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#26 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

Most likely, it does :ninja:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic