#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:45 PM

Well, it has been a while since the last news release, but that does not mean that there has been no progress. This update is filled with a lot of stuff for you to look through and see how the mod is developing.

1) Rhun Armory - Rhun now has their own building:
Screens: 1 2 3 Build-Up Animation

2) Arnor Buildings. A lot of progress has been made to change Arnor to their own unique faction. When I add buildings to RJ-RotWK I got for the full effect - build-ups, level-ups and such.

Arnor Armory Screens: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Build-Up Animation

Arnor Barracks Screens: 1 2 3 Build-Up Animation

Arnor Tower Screens: 1 2 Build-Up Animation

Dunedain Ranger Camp Screen: 1 2 3 4 5 Build-Up Animation

3) ElrondHighLord has provided many new skins for the units I've been working on. (More than I can keep up with.) Here are two of them, for Elladan and Elrohir. While the twins will not be heroes for the Elven faction, they will be featured in a number of areas of the mod. Hopefully next update I'll be able to highlight more of the models.
Screens: 1 2

4) More skies have been added to a number of maps. Here are some high resolution screenshots reflecting the maps:
Dol Guldur Screens: 1 2 3 4
Minas Tirith screens: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Grey Havens screens: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lastly, Nazgul from SEE has provided me permisison to use his Black Gate sky. I took the opportunity to take a bunch of screens to show off his great work in a mini-battle.
Black Gate screens: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

A number of these have been made into wallpapers of varrying sizes to be used for your desktop along with a number of other screens from RJ:
http://forums.revora...showtopic=55968

Last note, I hope to have the next public release in the next 1-2 weeks. It's not the finalin the 1.05 series but there is a LOT of new content, bug fixes, maps, build-plot test map and more. Look for it as an early Christmas present.

Thank you for playing,
Robert J.

Don't forget to vote for you favorite mods at ModDb for the annual awards this year. To vote for RJ-RotWK follow the link, register, and vote:
http://www.moddb.com...s/9030/rj-rotwk

Edited by robnkarla, 05 December 2007 - 07:47 PM.

#2 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

One word is enough: Awesome :D

This is probably the best update I've seen recently, keep it up!

#3 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

holy crap thats awesome omg this is a very nice update :D

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

buildups looking awesome as ever ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#5 Geriden

Geriden
  • Project Team
  • 29 posts
  •  Super Tester

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

Lookin Good.
Posted Image

#6 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

The Arnor Barracks looks fricken sick.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#7 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  Learned student and studier of lore

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

Man, the people on this team are amazing. The skies, the unit skins, the build-ups...you changed the animations! Awesome. That's the only word I can use to describe it. I'm totally looking forward to this and I'm considering this one of my Christmas presents. XD I hope this one dosen't end like other mods I've looked forward too so much and bottom out...

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#8 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:26 AM

Another fantastic update.;)

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:36 AM

Great, I've been waiting for the next public release. I'll have to get a fan before then or face devastation being unable to play it. The fan is a bit of an issue 'cause I can't drive and I have to go 15 miles to the nearest store that will have one...

Posted Image

#10 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:37 AM

...a fan? You mean, like, a computer fan? I'd just find a household fan around somewhere and use it to cool off your PC. That's what I do with my Xbox 360, because it works better then the coolers you can buy. Same with a comp. I've done it before, with a laptop and with a normal bigger comp. No problems. Of course, the in-computer-fan is better because it's not external...it'd work alot better if you took the shell off of it and had the air blowing directly into the main body of the computer. Other then that, your best bet will be to order it online if you can't get a ride to Best Buy or Circuit City.

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#11 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, I need a household fan, we don't have one. And as it's not my computer and I already screwed it up once, it is probably not best idea to take it apart or buy accessories. But there aren't any stores where I can buy a fan in the town I live in, so I need a ride into the state capital to go to Target or something.

Posted Image

#12 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:53 AM

You don't take the computer apart in the sense that you go in and remove pieces of it, only the outside shell of the main CPU unit itself. It's easily slid off, only done to expose the inner-workings of the computer itself. You don't affect anything inside, just don't let anything GET inside when the computer is exposed like that. And don't reach in it when it's plugged up either. But yeah, if you don't have the shell off of the computer, then the fan won't do any good. You've got to have it blowing on exposed areas of the computer. Otherwise, you should be good to go.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#13 predators83

predators83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

Hello everyone
Recently j download version 1.05.02 of September 10, 2007 and I would like to know if you could give me a link to download the latest update.
Because in my version I can not even build the wall for rohan nor for the arnor etc.
Thank you very much for answer

Ps I am French, and my knowledge of English is very limited so please excuse meters.

Cordially predators83

#14 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

first of all welcome here!

second, that is the latest public beta. there is a private beta currently, but it is only for beta testers and the team to put stuff in and find bugs or errors. everything you see after sept 10 is currently only in the private beta. however, there will be a new public beta really soon, and it will rock :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#15 predators83

predators83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:38 PM

Thank you very much and you know if I can become a beta tester or fate when the new version
Please

#16 predators83

predators83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:57 PM

In fact the super screens. :p
You believe that there will be the next release before Christmas or not, it will be too genial because your super mod is a set share some beug but otherwise it is cool.
In fact es que je peut etre beta tester because at this moment I am the Lord of the Rings and I spend my life on it, and I love to look for beugs.
If you want Voila c is not okay. Of those good at the end of the afternoon. :p
Sincerely and amicably predators83

#17 predators83

predators83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

:p There person

Edited by predators83, 06 December 2007 - 04:09 PM.

#18 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

My god! This is just gorgeous! Amazing good work! I love the new Arnor buildings, and the new skies OWN, especially Minas Tirith and Black Gate.

One question: can you reduce the radius of doodad/destructible-removal when a structure is built?

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#19 predators83

predators83
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

C is true that are beautiful and more I adore the arnor :p

#20 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

if you want to add something to one of your posts, there is an edit button.

beta testing is pretty much closed, but sometimes there will be a screenshot or video contest that you can use to get in. i dont know about the release, because rob wants the next public version to be fully bug free and balanced so he can start having tournaments.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users