#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Everyone,

I've accepted a new job as an IT contractor for the US Army in Iraq. As many of you know I served as a soldier in Iraq a few years ago, so this is nothing new to me, but this time I'll be called Sir and I'll get a crap load more money for it.

I will have time for modding there, infact, away from the wife and children, and away from multi-player games, I'll have lots of time to do nothing but mod. Unfortunatly, I likely will have very limited access to the internet, so public updates will be few and far between. Even farther and fewer than they are right now. The mod isn't dieing, this will likely be the busiest time I've ever had for it, however, the forum likely will die.

When possible I will post, and I will keep everyone informed of my well being as best as possible. I wish you all best of luck and I promise to comeback once I've made enough money to retire :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:23 PM

Tbh Pend, I would make the newest WIP a public alpha.

But try and get as much done as you can if your not working.... so it is a nice suprise for us... maybe a late christmas present! :p

Good luck buddy. :p
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:25 PM

Tbh Pend, I would make the newest WIP a public alpha.

But try and get as much done as you can if your not working.... so it is a nice suprise for us... maybe a late christmas present! :p

Good luck buddy. :p

The current WIP is not nearly public ready... And I think it will be tough to get anything done by march, but by next christmass I should have one hell of a release if things go the way I expect.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

Ahhh!
The thing im worried about is the public loosing interest because of the lack of updates and becoming bored with it and not bothering to return to check for updates.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#5 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:44 PM

You served in Iraq?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:59 PM

Ahhh!
The thing im worried about is the public loosing interest because of the lack of updates and becoming bored with it and not bothering to return to check for updates.

meh, thats ok. The project has never been driven by the public... admitably, the Staff members have made a big difference, but I'm pretty sure you guys won't go away that quickly. And I will be online once in a while...

also, once its at the 100% mark I'll be posting it on several modding boards, not just Revora.

You served in Iraq?

Yes. An interesting experience to say the least. But the fact I'm gladdly going back as a civilian should tell you a little about how I feel about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 tenma91

tenma91
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:17 AM

u guys probably know i don't post much, heck this is my 2nd post

but i read this, contra, and Shockwave forms at least 2 times a day

and i wont stop that any time soon

me and my brother love this mod and all the work

and time you put in to this.

keep safe, and best of luck

-Tenma91

#8 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:18 PM

Well
good Luck and be safe

#9 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

be safe mate its a country riddled with terrorism so be safe the community to wants u back in one peace mate :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
General Granger: I Win you lose what more is there left to say.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

oke you are a soldier, so can you translate morse codes ?

#11 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

Every person shuld know the morse code :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image

#12 Guest_Guest_Jester_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jester_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

Best of luck to you over there man! I served for a little while, not in Iraq though, and my dad has done a few tours there as well. I haven't been playing too much lately, stupid broken CD rom, but now i have some money so it should get fixed soon enough. >_< Looking forward to seeing all those big changes the staff has been lucky enough to learn about in advance. Anyhow, I hope you come back home safely and better than when you left. I'll be looking for posts from ya! :thumbsupsmiley:

#13 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

Haha, nice to see you back and the mod isn't dead!! I usually come here to check the update, but for a long time ,I didn't see them, so I was a little disappointed.
But now , I see you again, Pend , and Remix will march forward , and it is unstoppable!!! Frankly speaking, I will wait for years to get it. And next summer, I will change a new PC, hope to play complete Remix with my widescreen monitor.

Hope you best luck , and Remix. I am always watching you , hahahahahaaha

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:04 PM

I'm doing my inprocessing at Ft Benning now. Everything so far is right on track for a good start.

I'll check back in again once I'm established in my office/quarters in Iraq.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

Ok, a good start means half of a success. Hope your work get along well. Do you have some vacations in these years in Iraq? I think your wife and kids will miss you.

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Yes, I'll have vacation. Its a long assignment, not a prison.

I'm in Baghdad now. All is well. Infact, I think it may be a very good thing for the mod, you'd not beleive how much upclose "face time" I get with the Strikers (I work for 2nd Striker Brigade). Very awsome stuff.

I also get to enjoy a nice variety of angry attack heli-copters over head, and all the latest humvee attachments. very cool stuff, much cooler than what you see at home or even get to read about.

Like I said, I am in Baghdad, but I'm still not at my new office yet, in the next few days I should be catching a chopper over to the base where I'll be staying. I'll keep everyone up to date.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edited by Pendaelose, 25 December 2007 - 11:47 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

Well
good luck

#18 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:06 AM

Glad to hear from you Pend!

Nice to hear that you're doing alright, and lets keep it that way! :thumbsupsmiley:
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#19 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:55 AM

Nice to hear that you're doing alright, and lets keep it that way!

Ditto.

#20 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:08 AM

all the best in iraq, and i am beginning to be interested in remix, it looks cool.
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users