Like RPG's ?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

Lacrosse is the gift of God! 0-----]::::::::::::>

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper
  •  Mapper,map.ini,modeling,leaning skinning

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:48 AM

Hey the best guest has opened up a new forum that he hosts RPGs on you can get yours hosted Play them discuss them. I (aka.Servant of the Shadow) am teaching mapping classes and will answer most ?'s Eldarion25 will be doing the same for modeling/texturing. also on the site is an arcade and army syetm rpg that you train units and build up your camp in pluss more. any ways its a lot of fun and another good disscustion site.

Edit:*slaps self in the face* I guess you need the link dont you CLICK OR DIE! :p

Edited by lacrossman930, 07 December 2007 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

Y'know, advertising this on Revora, a forum with it's own hugely active RPG forum and more modding resources than you could shake several sticks at, is a wee bit silly?

It's like trying to encourage the crew of a ship of the line to jump on your plank.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#3 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:55 PM

http://forums.revora...?showforum=1421
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#4 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

Oh i didnt know about that :) . sorry well I was just letting people know gezz. :grin:

Edited by lacrossman930, 07 December 2007 - 09:21 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

I don't get why you guys criticise him just for wanting to advertize a forum that everybody that goes there has enjoyed. It doesn' hurt for him to just want to inform others about a new forum.

Some more things about the forum: The Army System lets you make your own army of Elves, Dwarves, Men, or Orcs. You can attack the other member's bases, train up your army, upgrade your base, and buy armor or weapons for your army. The forums have a full arcade with hundreds of fun games. Check it out, it's awesome :rolleyes: !
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:59 AM

Amen :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

Why would I want to go to a little forum run by you guys (Who seem to be the only ones saying how great it is) when I already have Revora? You have.... 13? Members... and one of those is Solinx who is probably just being nice :rolleyes:

It's like when Guess Who tried to start up his own forums... pointless.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#8 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

How bout you stop being a dick! I never did anything to piss you off all I ever did was try to let people know that there is another forum out there. Then you came in and stated crtisizing and thats all you ever do If you see something you dont like even a little bit you go and try to make it look like its the worst thing ever (ie. the inheritance mod) WELL IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN GET OVER IT!!! Or mabey try telling why for once!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

Ooo... anger :unsure:

I did mention why inheritance mod seemed bad actually, because the only new things you had were some untextured Gmax models. And for some weird reasons, renders of EA models with different names. I ALWAYS give reasons for my criticisms. In this case, it's a tiny forum of 13 people, being advertised on a forum of hundreds of people, savvy?

#10 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

Actually, it's a tiny forum practically mirroring this forum. Which is obviously a good reason not to spread the word on here.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#11 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:05 PM

Dain had a good point about the inheritance mod. I never wanted it to be shown screens not enough was done. So Dain was very right in that matter. :unsure:

But then again why get so uptight about a new forum it sounds like you guys feel threatened that this new forum can be greater than revora. Not saying that it might but it just sounds like it.

Edited by elvenfury, 09 December 2007 - 05:13 PM.

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:25 PM

Feel... threatened?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#13 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

Okay Dain your right im sorry.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

Dain had a good point about the inheritance mod. I never wanted it to be shown screens not enough was done. So Dain was very right in that matter. :unsure:

But then again why get so uptight about a new forum it sounds like you guys feel threatened that this new forum can be greater than revora. Not saying that it might but it just sounds like it.

Threatened? Heheheheeheheheh.

We just point out the pointlessness of advertising here, where people already have the same thing, only bigger and better.

#15 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

Okay this is what i meant about you being a jerk Dain. TBG was just having fun making his own forum :unsure: and actually (not saying revora is bad) revora dose not have there own arcade either. AND no body is teaching classes for modding and mapping all you can do is ask questions me and eldarion are going to actually do tutorials LIVE for people who want them :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

I'll quite cheerfully be a "jerk" (dear me what a terrible kiddy insult) and say it's pointless advertising here. I am not attracted by your offer of an arcade, nor would I ever reccomend a newbie modder to try and have a "personal tutorial" with anyone (not least someone who is a newbie themselves as far as I can make out)

I suggest you try advertising on other sections of revora to see what THEIR reactions are too.

#17 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

Just leave this alone, if it's so small and pointless, just leave it alone. Maybe he posted it here because there are so many people here to read it and because TBGForums only has 13 members. It's not like they have to choose 1 or the other, people can go to both, every forum starts SOMEWHERE. You can't start out with hundreds and hundreds of members. Just leave it alone, I don't get why you would even CARE about it if, like you say, it's so insignifigant.
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

@Dain: AND HEY IDOT who said I was teaching modding? Im teaching mapping and for your info Im an Istari productions mapper and you have to be voted to {IP} status you dick. And I wasnt cussing because Im trying to mature and this is a public forum.

Amen Eldarion :unsure:

Edited by lacrossman930, 09 December 2007 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:13 PM

I'd drop it
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#20 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

lacrossman you will be warned/banned please stop it. Let Dain say his own things. :unsure:

But then again i cant talk about arguing

Edited by elvenfury, 09 December 2007 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users