Photo

Scientology, Where Does One Begin?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:07 AM

Scientology is a religon created by L. Ron Hubbard. View Wiki Profile

So I started at the beginning of course, with the offical site of Scientology. That was about as useless of a source as I can find. It doesn't actually say anything fruitfull. It basically says we'll heal your emotional wounds of the soul. Great but I'm not in any need of that. I want to know what your religion believes. Don't waste much time there, the rabbit hole gets much deeper.

Than I decided to start from the other end, the anti-scientology sites and see what I can dig up. Now the info flows like cheap wine down a bums throat. I had found so much info I had to sit back and digest it all. Quite a scary group of people I might add.

So let's start at the beginning, shall we?
I found a typical conspiracy theory site with a clever video style compilation of people who've suffered and died from Scientology.
Link HERE
So I got my first taste of blood from this movie and probed further. Like all movies of this type, it's meant for maximum shock value. While fun to watch, can't really be called a solid fact quite yet.

Let us move on to my second mentionable find.
Great Story
Seems in 1968 when your try to expose Scientology, it really comes with a price that can cost you your life, finances, and sanity. I strongly suggest reviewing this one. :rolleyes:

She wrote a book exposing them and now even has it online for your viewing pleasure.
http://www.clambake....s/tsos/sos.html
I can really get lost in the nonsense of Scientology reviewing the actual text of the book. Oh my is all I'll say.

Next comes Kieth Henson.
http://www.operatingthetan.com/
Simply picketed the headquarters of the Church of Scientology and after massive movement from the "cult" is now sitting in jail for picketing. Wow we couldn't even get a rise out of people regarding muslim extremists. All this happened, totally sanctioned by the womderful State of Californication (the land of fruits and nuts) You know the same place where recently THIS happened.

Seems abit ironic IMO.
Moving on...
Let's get onto South Park Episode regarding Scientology.
d/l here viewing with Real Player. Direct D/L
Or view it as a streaming file. http://www.xenutv.co...e/sp-closet.htm

Even South Park caught alot of flack from this episode including the actor playing Cook leaving. How can South Park catch crap, they've descricrated every known form of religion possible. Go figure...

Seems Scientologists who do not good stuff fail to appear on any officla history as well.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/rtc/

Moving on, it seems Scientologists use something called an "e-meter" to measure your "something or others" levels. Here is the official patent describing this "wonderful" work of religious science.
http://tarr.uspto.go...;entry=74727570

Alot of this info was attained from a site found HERE

So is this cult religion dangerous? I wouldn't think so except it seems to have a great set of lawyors as well and people placed EVERYWHERE it needs them. Really reminds me of Fight Club.

Now it might even be banned in Germany.
http://edition.cnn.c...y.ap/index.html

Even the CNN poll agrees overwhelmingly.

Issue is, I don't even know one Scientologist besides the poeple I see on TV. What is the scoop with these people. Dangerous or harmless?

I publically state that Scientology can come here and address these issues as well as sue me and attempt to make me look crazy. Muslim extremists feel free to come to my home and behead me if you choose, I challenge all crazies openly.

Attached Thumbnails

• scientologypoll.gif

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:14 AM

Don't even get me started on this, all I'll say is that this cult is dangerous.

Scientology is one of those things I despise in this world.

Edited by Soul, 09 December 2007 - 05:15 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#3 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:22 AM

Try actually clicking into the links and reading the material I referenced. It made me open my eyes on many levels. :rolleyes: Open eyes looking forward see better than those looking down at the ground.

#4 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:26 AM

http://www.time.com/...,972865,00.html
An excellent summary of all of this done 16 years ago by Time magazine.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#5 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:35 AM

"Typical conspiracy theory site" thats YTMND, we waged a war against Scientology in May 2006, after we got sued BY Scientology themselves for one of our members making an anti-Scientology YTMND.

Well, regardless, to be honest Scientology and how fucked up it is...is very old news.

#6 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:43 AM

"Typical conspiracy theory site" thats YTMND, we waged a war against Scientology in May 2006, after we got sued BY Scientology themselves for one of our members making an anti-Scientology YTMND.

Damn :rolleyes: .

Well, regardless, to be honest Scientology and how fucked up it is...is very old news.

And yet they still continue to make my blood boil :p .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#7 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:00 AM

http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

How did I miss this in my research?

#8 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

yeah, i have never really liked those guys. and those links doesn't really change that opinion :rolleyes:

i would say that Germany has a good reason to ban such a cult, they are more of a con than a religion. it would also most likely cause them alot of bad PR, which is always good.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#9 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

yeah, i have never really liked those guys. and those links doesn't really change that opinion :unsure:

i would say that Germany has a good reason to ban such a cult, they are more of a con than a religion. it would also most likely cause them alot of bad PR, which is always good.

Hope more countries ban it, that way we can prevent this cult from spreading.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

#10 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:31 AM

http://www.time.com/...,972865,00.html
An excellent summary of all of this done 16 years ago by Time magazine.

Finally found the time through read all 11 pages. what a trip through reality that was.

EDIT: Found this to be an interesting reading.
http://bernie.cncfam...c/irc_intro.htm
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/OTIII/

#11 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:30 PM

I am so reminded of 1984's portrayal of a scientological 'nation', with the 'processing' techniques applied by the ministry of love. That's evil. Really. And the perpetrators must feel so innocent of any crimes. I remember the time when i was a teenager and i got one of Hub's books (something 'Omega Point'-whatever) and i immediately was appalled by it's attempts to sell me unconvincing, illogical crap. In hindsight i am so relieved i already had developed a healthy distrust of anyone or anything not able to explain himself in rational terms.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#12 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Lets revive this topic a bit.

First of, Sûlherokhh, 1984 is a book that shows what happens when people refuse to act out against an oppressive government. It can be a religious hellhole or a fascist dictatorship, the setting is still the same.

Second, look at this:
Anonymous has declared war against the Church of Scientology

About time someone started to press that sect. Scientology is a house full of murderers and outlaws and should be banned everywhere. Also Tom Cruise is a proper fanatic. Discuss.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#13 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

Where can I sign up for that "anonymous" group?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#14 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

Second, look at this:
Anonymous has declared war against the Church of Scientology

About time someone started to press that sect. Scientology is a house full of murderers and outlaws and should be banned everywhere. Also Tom Cruise is a proper fanatic. Discuss.

I saw that and I agree, go Anonymous :) .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

I get big lulz from this. /b/tards crack me up.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

yeah, i have never really liked those guys. and those links doesn't really change that opinion :)

Hope more countries ban it, that way we can prevent this cult from spreading.

And what, pray, have Scientologists ever directly done to you? All you've done in this entire thread is say 'I HATE THEM THEY ARE EVIL.'

While I agree with your sentiments, I feel a little bit more candour might be more appropriate than such brainless sabre-rattling. No offence intended, but I find this to be common of many of your arguments, Soul.

One of Scientology's biggest crimes was Battlefield Earth. One for which Hubbard, Travolta and everyone involved should be put before a UN Tribunal and possibly executed.

I personally see no wrong in believing whatever you want or whyever you want to believe it, or indeed practicing those beliefs in the way you see fit, or by what tenet you choose to follow. You want to believe in Xenu? Good fuckin' luck to ya, I say. If you want to give all your money to Hubbard? Go ahead! Who am I to stop you? And more to the point, why would I want to? I'll just sit here and quietly a) find it hilarious that you're so gullible and b) wish I had the guile to do what Hubbard did so as to get thousands of other people to give me money for nothing too!

I don't condone your treatment of children or of birthing women, however I don't particularly condone of African tribal female genital mutilation, either, or of Muslim countries forcing their womenfolk to wear headscarves or burqas. I don't condone Jehovah's Witnesses coming knocking at my door and forcing their beliefs down my throat. I don't condone Christian witch-burnings or "BELIEVE OR GO TO HELL" fearmongery.

But if that is your belief, who am I to think worse of you.

I suppose from an atheist point of view, this is ironic, but Jesus said it best: "Judge not, lest ye be judged", and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

I have my own views and beliefs about everyone else's views and beliefs. I may concur that I find some aspects of Scientology somewhat unusual, ridiculous, nonsensical and perhaps even just plain wrong, but then I think that about the British and American governments too. The difference is, what Scientologists do doesn't really affect me, and so I can just say 'live and let live' and let them get on with whatever sort of unusual things they do. How is what Hubbard's done any different than what any of the other religions, past or present, have done in some way, shape or form?

#17 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

everyone has beliefs that does not make the world a better place. some are harmless, other are not.
I'm not gay, why should i worry about gay people being killed for being gay?
I'm not religious, why should i worry that a religious person gets fooled into becoming a suicide bomber?

Scientology might be pretty harmless right now, but i know the tactics they are using are socially manipulative. they use the e-meters to analyze people, and depending on their reactions they tell them whats wrong with them and why Scientology would help them in their lives. its nothing more than a psychologically based routine that makes people think they like the organization. and you know what? scientologists hates psychologists with a passion, and i don't think its because the psychologists are evil big-nosed bastards stealing your gold. But because they tell people how scientology technically turns people to their cause by using the right words.

its the foundations for a new religion. and religion as i know it is not something i want more of in this world. if people go for passive religions that doesnt preach nor demand the money of its followers, i won't complain. but this is religion born again with modern technology at its core... and i don't like the thought of that.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#18 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:29 AM

Religion in it's old and outdated state is enough of a nuisance on humanity as it is. Scientology adds the modern miracle of immunity by law and complete psychological manipulation to the mix. If they ever scored a larger amount of followers, trying to defend yourselves from them would be like trying to kick down a brick wall. You would literally have to kill these people to stop them, which is something that I consider scary.

The scientologist religion is one of the most perfectly executed scams of the 20th century in that everybody kniows that it's wrong but nobody can put a finger on it, and add to that the fact that they have a whole legion of fanatics at their command. For crying out loud, these people infiltrated the American government! Granted, they got exposed but nothing actually happened afterwards cause of their mad lawyer team. If they can successfully infiltrate a government to gather and remove crucial data about a few people, how long do you think before the infiltrate the American Senat, the House of Commons, the European Parliament.. and that's just to name a few.

Everyone dismisses this as nothing, but this group of people is not only detestable, they are a malicious arrangement of manipulators and con-artists. It's about time they recieved some proper attention rather than hiding in the shadows like they've been doing so far.

Also, bam: http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#19 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:55 AM

The Unfunny Truth about Scientology, good to educate anyone on how evil it is.

And regardless, any religion that requires you to pay money is a false religion to make money, plain and simple.

Now I, personally, have a theory, and I'd hate to be labeled some sort of conspiracy theorist for this, but I believe that Scientology is so retarded that none of the so-called believers really believe in it. I hypothesize it is the cover for something...what? I don't know.

What better way to distract people from a secret than to hide it with something so whimsically retarded that it distracts people to the point of laughter and disbelief? It's a genius tactic.

`Course, I could be wrong, and I admit that being it is technically a conspiracy theory, not belief, as most conspiracy "theorists" could be more accurately called conspiracy believers who blindly believe in things based on a preconceived bias and dig themselves into a mental pit.

Whatever...

Edited by Kacen, 29 January 2008 - 03:56 AM.

#20 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

Adding fire to this topic, this is Hubbard's views on starting a religion, just as he did so later on:

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is."
- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949; quoted by Eshbach in OVER MY SHOULDER: REFLECTIONS ON A SCIENCE FICTION ERA, Donald M. Grant Publisher. 1983

I wonder if any of those who have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars/euros/marks/whatevers have ever seen this quote? :thumbsupsmiley:

And, Ash. This isn't about what the Scienos have done to you, it's what they have done to countless people, and what they may do to countless more. Murder, extortion, ripping families apart: it's all in their operating history.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users