Photo

Optimized Fortress-Map AI and Wallbuilding AI

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Choice

Which fortress-maps should have AI-bases and Gate/Defense AI first?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which standard maps should have adjusted WallBuilding and EconomyBuilding AI first?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

So, which adjusted maps/factions would you prefer to be included in the next beta?
NOTE: I will adjust BfMe2 maps in preference to BfMe1 maps, except where it regards bugfixing.
The results of the poll will direct the order i will work on the maps, which will be released, once done, in subsequent beta releases.

Edit: If you prefer other factions on the specific fortress-maps, make it known in a post.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 13 December 2007 - 04:58 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#2 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

Well I voted Helm's Deep for obvious reasons :sad: I also am interested and am eager to learn how you approach the AI for this map. I also voted 4 player maps as I like them and I think they are the most balanced and fun to play both AI and multiplayer battles with.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#3 Guest_Jonasking_*

Guest_Jonasking_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:42 PM

Mordor map , with Barad dur like fotress . 2 player map. One start outsie Mordor (They must come thought Black Gate ).Gullum is outside , and they who not in Mordor have to kill Gollum , take the ring and take to Mount Doom.Like you take the ring to a fotress. And if you succed the Barad dur tower fallen , and Mordor defeat . That can be the last mission in the campaign.And to smash the Black Gate , the god faction must have something really big . Ents cannot proberly smash Black Gate.I know. Before Black Gate mission the god faction must take over a camp , and in that camp take controll of a Grond , Kill the trolls moving the grond , and Ents can move the Grond and smash the gate . Or take controll of 4-5 Gronds , what you think ? Is this possible ?

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

You better read the following link before posting anything:

HOW TO POST SUGGESTIONS! (click me)

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

Well, Minas Morgul, of course :p

I'd script Dol Guldur for Mordor instead of Moria, though - it was Saurons second great fortress, after all.

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#6 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, but which fortress should be optimized for Moria?

Anyway, i already made the base-files for both. ^^

#7 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

Helm's Deep! Seems epic =). I also prefer 4 player maps, this way I can always have at least one ally while fighting some AI factions.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 charmander0822

charmander0822
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Projects:None.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

I voted for Minas Tirith because whenever I fight an AI who is inside Minas Tirith...they never shut the front gate. Even when me and my AI allies are amassed right outside it. Thats how I normally end up winning.

I also voted for 3 player maps to have Wall building AI, because I normally play on the 3 player maps. :)

#9 pf7612

pf7612
  • Project Team
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for WotE and AoM, spreading general ideas all around
  •  Mapper, ini coder

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

With njm's super minas tirith coming out, I'd much like to see that or helms deep for fortress ai in skirmishes and campaign (or wherever you plan to include it).

4 players because I play on those the most.
War-young men dying, old men talking.

"This ought to be the greatest gatherin' of pirate lords in our lifetime."
"And I owe them all money." - Hector Barbosa and Jack Sparrow

#10 Grubbo

Grubbo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

Pretty obvious that Minas Tirith and Helms Deep should be the most popular....everyone wants to relive those epic movie sieges. Kinda surprised that people want to see 4 player maps first, I usually play 2 player maps or 5 or more (multi comp battles).

#11 Guest_s00ty_*

Guest_s00ty_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

I agree Helms Deep and Minas Tirith would be the best maps to add AI as otherwise when playing them by yourself they are pointless

#12 Hoarmûrath of Dír

Hoarmûrath of Dír
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

well yea helms deep and 8 players (cause i play alot of me vs 7 ai's and cause helms deep ai thats assaulting shouldnt really get walls XD)

#13 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Gee, i gotta work on this one. Well, Dol Guldur is basically done, i started with Minas Tirith many months back. When MT is done, Helms Deep will surely be the next. This will not be finished soon i am afraid. ;)

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

Take whatever time you need... I'm just happy that you're "back", in whatever extent that may be :)
I'd prefer to prioritize MT, secondly HD, and from there, any way is fine by me... :p

Btw... won't you need NJM's latest version of MT map to be able to work on it? I think that Rob fixed all the geometry as well... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

That is correct Naz the Minas Tirith map has been finshed 100% and all the geometry problems have been sorted out, I believe that Rob mentioned some time ago that he would have to make an entirely different fix for the map specifically to work in SEE. I told him he didnt need to rush it, as SEE had stalled. But Ive recently Pm'd him about it, and as of today still no response. Im sure he is super busy and thats all the hold up.

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

Allright, thanks for the update :p
I'll ask him on MSN - he's usually in quite often =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users