10 replies to this topic

#1 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hello ! My spelling sucks ( Im from Sweden) . Well , I dowloaded the mod , extract the shortcut and the "SEE" . I put the "SEE" in my Battle for middle-earth™ II files(C:\Users\application\roaming\my battle for middle-earth™ II files, i think it is ) . The shortcut on my detskop. I fix everything in the shortcut and starts the game . When i start a skirmish i see its the regular game , How do i fix this ? Very happy if you can help me .

Patch : 1.06
My shortcut paths : Target : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\SEE"
Start In :"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II"
I followd the SEE install instructions 2.1 , but i+m only twewle so i can have missunderstood .

I have tried to re-install the patch after "installing" the mod too.

#2 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

I put the "SEE" in my Battle for middle-earth™ II files(C:\Users\application\roaming\my battle for middle-earth™ II files, i think it is )

The SEE-folder should be put right in the main C:\ directory, since your shortcut leads there, see?

Target : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\SEE"

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#3 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

I put the "SEE" in my Battle for middle-earth™ II files(C:\Users\application\roaming\my battle for middle-earth™ II files, i think it is )

The SEE-folder should be put right in the main C:\ directory, since your shortcut leads there, see?

Target : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\SEE"

Thanks man ! So , (Im so annoying) i should put it in C:\ program files ?

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

If you do put it in 'C:\Program Files', you must change your shortcut target to:

Target : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\Program Files\SEE"

Alternatively, just drop it in 'C:\' instead of 'C:\Program Files'. Then you don't have to change your shortcut.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

If you do put it in 'C:\Program Files', you must change your shortcut target to:

Target : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" -mod "C:\Program Files\SEE"

Alternatively, just drop it in 'C:\' instead of 'C:\Program Files'. Then you don't have to change your shortcut.

Sulkeherokhh i love you ,
Sulkeherokhh i do ....:) Thanks a lot !

#6 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

But now the mod make me defeat after some minutes =/ do you know whats wrong

But now the mod make me defeat after some minutes =/ do you know whats wrong ? EDIT : Sorry for dubbelreply(More swedish in that one !:) DO you understand what i´m saying :) haha ?).

#7 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

But now the mod make me defeat after some minutes =/ do you know whats wrong

But now the mod make me defeat after some minutes =/ do you know whats wrong ? EDIT : Sorry for dubbelreply(More swedish in that one !:) DO you understand what i´m saying :) haha ?).

I fix it . Only to change the path to "C:\" . Thanks a lot : ) . Some admin can close this topic/tread .

#8 King Earnur

King Earnur
  • Project Team
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

I tried this and every other method I could see and I still haven't been able to get the game to work, it always goes to the regular version

#9 Th_Rogue

Th_Rogue
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:36 AM

I tried this and every other method I could see and I still haven't been able to get the game to work, it always goes to the regular version

I did everything you did as well, but it turned out to be very simple. I hadn't installed the 1.6 patch for BMFE2, and for that reason only the regular game would start up. Next time do the update, then install the mod. Hope that helps. :p

Edited by Th_Rogue, 18 November 2008 - 07:37 AM.

#10 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:30 PM

:p

Just to repeat some important points of the install:

1. Put the BFMEII and SEE mod in SEPARATE locations. If you dont want to do it per the instructions on here, or are unable to due to personal reasons, thats fine, we can work with that. But dont put one file into the other

2. PATCH to 1.06 BFMEII

3. Create a separate shortcut on the desktop for starting the SEE Mod game; dont use the BFMEII shortcut.

4. Follow the instructions for editing that SEE shortcut. If it wont work, post back here where your game is located and where the mod is located, then we can tell you what to use for Start In and Target fields.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

I did everything you did as well, but it turned out to be very simple. I hadn't installed the 1.6 patch for BMFE2, and for that reason only the regular game would start up. Next time do the update, then install the mod. Hope that helps.

So does this mean you DO have the mod running successfully?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users