#1 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

I thought some of you might need to know something about WotE that hasn't been posted yet (relese dates, new units, improvements, etc.).

Just ask anything about WotE here, and I and the other team members (especially MB and Elendil) try to find out an answer...

Start posting your questions!

P.S. Just remember not to post any spam, or silly questions like "can you tell me all the tech trees of all the factions!!!!"

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 17 December 2007 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Guest_Guest_abc_*_*

Guest_Guest_abc_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

What changes will be in the next release? thanks

#3 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:17 AM

The next Beta release will include:

- Vast amount of improvements for the Good factions - MotW, Elves, Dwarves will get a large number of new units, re-designed Heroes, new portraits, Commander Units, etc. etc., it's sooo much that I don't have the time to tell it right now ;) ; Dorwinion will get probably no, or only a very minor update this time.

- Several minor modifications for Evil Factions - Mordor, Isengard, Angmar will get most of their bugs fixed (hopefully), and several Evil Men heroes will get new appearences/icons/powers. Apart from fixing bugs, the the other Evil factions will also get new skins for some of their heroes/units (especially Mordor).

- Implementing "Starting units"; now you will get one or two battalions right in the beginning of a skirmish play (dunno about WotR mode and multiplayer yet) ! The type and amount of battalions depends on the choosen faction (for example: Mordor - 2 battalions of Orc Warriors).

That's all I know about so far, hope it makes you statisfied :crazed:
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#4 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:00 AM

has the wotr bug where the game crashes 2 the desktop been fixed? and has the invisible tower guards been fixed as well? any of the units that are tricky to click on been fixed? oh, also i noticed on the wotr map that the mordor great siege works still has the mumakil button. im sorry if im asking too much, im just a fan of the mod. :crazed:

#5 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:43 PM

It's not a problem if you ask much - "The good student is the one who dares to ask." :crazed:

But sorry, I don't really know if Ithron has managed to fix those by now, but I'm sure he'll try his best.

PS: and thanks for spotting the buttom bug in WotR mode !
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#6 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, thanks for the bug report!

Tower Guards have got a new model, so the invisibility bug has been fixed.

I'll try my best when it comes to fixing all the bugs, even (or especially) the major ones.

BTW, MB, you forgor to mention that the next release also adds a huge amount of new skins, and some new models for both new and existing units and heroes...

#7 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

BTW, MB, you forgor to mention that the next release also adds a huge amount of new skins, and some new models for both new and existing units and heroes...

You think so ?

The next Beta release will include:

- Vast amount of improvements for the Good factions - MotW, Elves, Dwarves will get a large number of new units, re-designed Heroes, new portraits, Commander Units, etc. etc., it's sooo much that I don't have the time to tell it right now :crazed: ; Dorwinion will get probably no, or only a very minor update this time.

- Several minor modifications for Evil Factions - Mordor, Isengard, Angmar will get most of their bugs fixed (hopefully), and several Evil Men heroes will get new appearences/icons/powers. Apart from fixing bugs, the the other Evil factions will also get new skins for some of their heroes/units (especially Mordor).

- Implementing "Starting units"; now you will get one or two battalions right in the beginning of a skirmish play (dunno about WotR mode and multiplayer yet) ! The type and amount of battalions depends on the choosen faction (for example: Mordor - 2 battalions of Orc Warriors).

<AHEM>... so what ? ;)
Posted Image
---

#8 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

Sorry MB, I guess I skipped those parts :crazed:

Edited by IthronAiwendil, 18 December 2007 - 04:37 PM.

#9 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

• Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:39 AM

you're both welcome. :p im glad i could help.
OT: morrisb maybe u should add confucious somwhere in your title maybe? :crazed:
A new one just popped into my head, has the morrann warg riders been fixed? i noticed that when they die and when they fall down from getting hit by siege weaponry, they get distorted, like orc and warg are one connected or something like that. If im not making sense, watch them get killed and youll see what i mean.

#10 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

I know what you mean, it's a binding issue. I hope I will learn how to bind cavalry better soon so that bug can be fixed :crazed:

#11 Guest_screechingshadowdemon_*

• Guests

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

got a new i just came across now: has the men structure hero gamling have his powers back? i just looked in a skirmish and a map in wotr and gamling has no powers.

#12 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

Gamling should have his powers, but I'll see if he's missing some :p Will be fixed if there's a problem with it.

#13 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:37 PM

What exactly is the goal of this mod? When I first started following it (roughly two months ago), it seemed that the focus was to add a new Dorwinion Faction to the game, as well as small edits to all others.
However, now it seems like a general enhancement mod, adding new conent to most -if not all- aspects of the game.
Could someone clarrify this for me?
Cheers,
-mike

#14 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

WotE originally was meant to add some units from the East into the game, as well as some other units to make each of the factions equally big.

However, because of the fact that I (and many fans of the mod) wished to make the mod more perfected, a set of new units were given to each of the factions, so that now the mod has more book and movie feeling (which BfME II lacked).

Of course, the two new factions are the main part of the mod, but if we can improve most of the aspects of the game, why on't we do that? Everyone wants to see heroes and units like Ugluk, Dragon Slayers, and Mollock...

#15 Grizzlez

Grizzlez

title available

• Project Team
  • 667 posts
  •  Coder/ini/FX writer, Skinner

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:22 PM

Well ea did i could job imo-but a lot of what they dd can be improved. The 2 new factions have been created. And now ithron has my help we plan to go back and improve the things we feel ea didnt do quite as well.

The witchking- would you prefer him with a toggle and more unique powers to other nazgul or not?
Haldir-would you prefer the captain of lothlorien to be just that, at the moment he doesnt have any powers to show this-we plan to do so.

There will be a lot of improvements-and i guess if you dont like them, dont play with anything other than the 2 new factions
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

I wasn't implying that I dislike the mod...It's actually a really good one, everything seems really well-planned out.
And thanks, I was wondering 'bout that :p
Cheers,
-mike

#17 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

Some QQ (Quick Questions :p )
Gil-Galad will be a ring hero, a normal hero or a secret hero?
What version of the beta will have Gil-Galad?
When will the next beta will be released??
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

Some QA (quick answers :p ):

1.: Gild-galad will be the new Ring Hero of the Elves...

2.: ...in the very next Beta...

3.: ...which comes out just right in january (if everything proceeds well).
Posted Image
---

#19 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:11 PM

QR (Quick Reply or Quick Reanswer??? :p )

1. Nice
2. Cool
3. More nice and cool
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 F.A.T.E.

F.A.T.E.
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  •  Wars of the East , Four Ages , Age of Numenor , Rhovanion Alliance and Neon Genesis Evangelion fan

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Will the rohan units in men moved to rohan barracks ??
Beornings (and Grimbeorn , of course at bearform) and oliphaunt horde will have attack animation ??
Will the stone trolls move so slow ??

Edited by F.A.T.E., 11 January 2008 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users