lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

Hi.

Im getting the game i already ordered it im just waiting for it now.

Is there going to be a UAW forums? because i will mod it with humans in (sadly they arn't in)
Im planning to add humans in my mod will probably be called UAW: Humans Last Assault.

Anyway this game rocks :p

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

I'm gonna have to wait the game to show up in the stores here.

Yea, there will be a UAW modding forums. We can actually do one now.

/* me does some weird magic */
/* Alakhazam! */

There it is!
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

lol yay. thanks :thumbsupsmiley:

#4 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Im planning to add humans in my mod will probably be called UAW: Humans Last Assault.

So is the other 98% of the Universe at War modding community ;)

Due to the different release dates for different areas of the world the game is not even out here yet but when it does - i'll be ontop of it!

I've been following this game for a long time now, It looks very interesting. From what i've seen the mod tools look fairly comprehensive as well - look forward to testing them out once I get the game.

Edited by Juggernaut2008, 13 January 2008 - 08:42 PM.

#5 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

thats not the point :)

changed my mind doing SST one for UAW because loads of other people want to do a human one.

#6 Cloverfield

Cloverfield
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:38 AM

Can somebody tell me how they manage to enjoy this game? I really don't like it. Very buggy. Not trying to insult anybody just asking.
Why So Serious?

#7 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

if you read the post's neither of us has got the game yet.

Edited by elvenfury, 14 January 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#8 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

That's right. I take it you have then Clover? Can you tell us a bit more about what you think of it?

#9 Cloverfield

Cloverfield
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

Sorry I didn't realize. I don't own the game but I own the demo and I've played the full game on PC. It is much more of a X-Box 360 game. The factions are creative but there is such a small amount of buildings and units that you don't get to explore that much of them. You can't room out enough which can be a bit weird. Plus when u click on a unit it ussually doesn't click on him the first time. Then when you ask them to move sometimes they don't move. Some units have really cool extra features like sprinting and stuff but it doesn't make up for the lack of them.
Why So Serious?

#10 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

its all going to change in february when the xbox360 comes out then the patches will be coming out. be patient and this game will flaw most rts's of 2008 :p

#11 Kelathin

Kelathin
  • VIP (Petroglyph)
  • 45 posts
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Staff

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

Sorry I didn't realize. I don't own the game but I own the demo and I've played the full game on PC. It is much more of a X-Box 360 game. The factions are creative but there is such a small amount of buildings and units that you don't get to explore that much of them. You can't room out enough which can be a bit weird. Plus when u click on a unit it ussually doesn't click on him the first time. Then when you ask them to move sometimes they don't move. Some units have really cool extra features like sprinting and stuff but it doesn't make up for the lack of them.

That UI issue on clicking on units was addressed in both patch 1 and upcoming patch 2 further enhances responsiveness
I'm not sure what you mean by you can't room enough.
Well lastly, lack of them. Why do you need 10 artillery units and 3 anti fighter planes? I rather have an unit have a defined distinct role, that I can easily use it for. Universe at War does that well. The limited number of units also give a nice feeling of personality with each unit as its role is unique. I'll admit due to the small amounts of units, it definitely gives a spammy feeling when you only use 10 of a given unit which could easily take up your full pop cap.

UaW reminds me a lot about Starcraft, in it's ultra simplistic style, but the more you play it the more fine details you notice and tend to enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users