Photo

The Strongest Man in The World?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:27 AM

http://edition.cnn.c...tml#cnnSTCVideo

Sweet Youssif, sweet little child. I've followed your story for many months. I contributed to your fund. I did my best.

Whether I hate or love myself is irrelavant. Your story broke my heart as well as healed it. Youssif, I'm no long angry because of you.

America needs to go MUCH further now to identify other children who need this kind of help. Let's put our money where our mouth is.

This is not a political talk or any other situation other than something I've been privately supporting and just want other people to be aware and care.

Please don't confuse my ethics with my jokes. This is a joke free post.

Imagine if America made an even GREATER push to heal the nation of Iraq, not through government financing, but through sheer independent financing not unlike the billions Americans spent privately on 9/11 or Katrina.

If we consider Iraq to be in the same place as Katrina, than Americans would contribute independant funds from the populous. Huge amounts.

If Iraq is a mess that needs fixing than let us fix it with humanitarian funds from America. And we know our pockets have no bottom.

Obstacles, left side of america doesn't want to work with the right and cannot choose to put down the armor and sword long enough. Right wing has already spent all the money and is just as ready to place on the armor and sword.

Imagine if the US population did for Irag what it did for 9/11 and Katrina, Privately gave a billion on each episode of it's own CITIZENS resources to simply help those who were casualties of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Question is how to set up such a fund to insure I get 1% of the proceeds for "administration purposes." :p

I find that question to be the fatal flaw of the system as we al know CNN got alot of publicity for that most noble cause.

Yousiff, I want to see you restored to normal as much as possible. It's a subject that is "on fire."

MY heart yearns deeply to see the outcome of his operations. His photo before and after made me stop the engines of my mind. Such a cute precious child burned by such people full of hate.

For once, I'm rooting for the individual and not the masses or nature. Trully if there is a God, let Yousiff become as normal as possible through corrective surgery.

#2 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:51 AM

Is it wrong that I find it somewhat disturbing that you seem to be using this incident to push forward your ideals? I apologize but your dialog is quite phony.

And yes when I first read about that story I was horrified at how terrible humanity can be. I always wondered what provoked the attack.

Best hypothesis: He was Sunni and his attackers were Shiite, or visa-versa.

#3 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Honestly, I do follow this story and hope his recovery works out as well as possible.

#4 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

One kid gets help vs the tens of thousands who doesn't. the moment people start showing off the pics of every mauled child from Iraq the magic rubs off.

Same with that Madeleine case, how the hell did that get all the attention that it got? kids disappear all over the western world all the time, but that one somehow hit a dry-spell zone in the media.

but if it helps to show off one for the ones who arent shown, i'm not gonna shoot someone down for it. its the way the media works.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#5 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

One kid gets help vs the tens of thousands who doesn't. the moment people start showing off the pics of every mauled child from Iraq the magic rubs off.

Same with that Madeleine case, how the hell did that get all the attention that it got? kids disappear all over the western world all the time, but that one somehow hit a dry-spell zone in the media.

but if it helps to show off one for the ones who arent shown, i'm not gonna shoot someone down for it. its the way the media works.

I agree with you there :lol: .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#6 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 22 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

Obstacles, left side of america doesn't want to work with the right and cannot choose to put down the armor and sword long enough. Right wing has already spent all the money and is just as ready to place on the armor and sword.

This is not a political talk

How are these not mutually exclusive?

Is it wrong that I find it somewhat disturbing that you seem to be using this incident to push forward your ideals? I apologize but your dialog is quite phony.

My first reaction too.

Another thing is that this is due to sectarian violence. I hate to say it, but this is the lighter stuff. People are getting stabbed, beheaded, blown apart by mortars, and shot on a day to day basis in Iraq because of their religious beliefs. I honestly don't care about individual cases; countless Iraqis are dead because of the Iraq War and sectarian violence. This is just another one of the hundreds of thousands permanently maimed by a personal crusade to take down Saddam Hussein.
You're right. I'm not going to put down the armour, because this kid is permanently scarred for life because of the Iraq War. It's a very simple cause and effect relationship. George Bush invades Iraq, hundreds of thousands are killed and maimed.
It's hard to make it apolitical because it is a political issue.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#7 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 December 2007 - 11:52 PM

It's opened the eyes of alot of people and they are trying to find more children like that to help. So I believe it'll open the door more to help other children. People are assholes but children deserve more help there than they are getting at the moment.

The child recieved his injuries from a few masked men who doused him with gas and set him on fire. I don't see how the war had anything to do with it. I believe it was George Bush who provided the gas and the matches. I'm sure that is what you meant right?

#8 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

metaphorically speaking it probably was every fanatic neocon who was behind those masks, can't blame everything on the puppet. :p

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users