Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

another thinggg
i was thinking for the theme for hogwarts buildings having those tower shapes and brick/tile colourschemess
forrr the bad guys/voldemorts crew - i was thinking perhaps a snakeyy theme? what you guys think?? maybe using some of that rich black shiny bricks from the ministry? or on the other hand they could have really shabby buildings where they're hiding out instead...?

i've got an idea, but i think it's way too hard to create.

for Voldemort's army it might be fitting if they had moving buildings. Perhaps not even buildings at all.
i'll explain both:

Moving buildings:

to represent the movement of Voldemort and the fact that he's hard to trace you could make the buildings of that faction move. So it would sort of pack up to a 'builder' and can be placed somewhere else.

No buildings:

there's one unit which serves as the fortress, it summons heroes and builder type units. These builder types 'transform' in barracks units. Once a unit of dark wizards is finished they spawn around the unit.

both are quite though..
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#62 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

For the 'no buildings' suggestion, maybe that could be Voldemort himself, to show that he's truly the head of the serpent *snickers*
Cheers,
-mike

#63 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

movable buildings is (im pretty sure) easily possible, you just need anims. It just might not be able to be built from the porter.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#64 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

Moving buildings:

to represent the movement of Voldemort and the fact that he's hard to trace you could make the buildings of that faction move. So it would sort of pack up to a 'builder' and can be placed somewhere else.

No buildings:

there's one unit which serves as the fortress, it summons heroes and builder type units. These builder types 'transform' in barracks units. Once a unit of dark wizards is finished they spawn around the unit.

I worked out code logic for this to work some time ago... Lets see if you can guess how I did it.
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#65 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:50 PM

by having magic tricks lol

#66 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

The Thrall Master abilities would work good for Voldemort's faction. Touch the Dark Mark and summon some allies
Posted Image

#67 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  • Projects:X-Mod, The Harry Potter Modification
  •  Advice

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

Moving buildings:

No buildings:

I worked out code logic for this to work some time ago... Lets see if you can guess how I did it.

moving buildings sounds intriguing...
maybe using transport contains that only allow structures to enter, meaning you'd need a seperate unit that packs up all buildings
orr
use the witchkingmount ability so it just transforms into another object that can be the kind of builder which acts as a completely dif. unit, moves around, and then can transform back.
- or possibly even it transforms into a little pack or something which then another unit can pick up and move around and drop

-----------

i was thinking also another themey thing...well its not a theme, but for both factions, is to make the stances have a bigger effect on the units, especially seen as for most units that use knockback spells, its whoever fires first who will win in 1 on 1 cases. (if you get wht im saying...)

my idea for stances would be like aggressive is stronger, but slower attack rate and less armor, with the holdground stance having faster attack rate, less damage, but more armor. - yes this is similar to what they already do, but this makes use of attack speed/rate of fire, andd i think they should have bigger buffs/debuffs.

alsooo i've done some code so that it will swap to a dif. commandset for each stance - this way voldy and dumbleydore can have more spells, and we can split them up so the more defensive ones will be on the holdground stance commandset. and more dangerous on aggressive etc. (also saves one more slot on the commandset by making them automatically do it relevant to the stance)

Edited by jimiojoe, 04 January 2008 - 02:09 PM.

Jimiojoe
A light from the shadow shall spring.

#68 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

Lacrosse is the gift of God! 0-----]::::::::::::>

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper
  •  Mapper,map.ini,modeling,leaning skinning

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

OH MY GOODNESS YOUR FAST!!! great work so far lol

im making a background and title music for this atm so ill post a screen and send both to u some time today or tommrow jimiojoe

well i like the idea of havig no buildings more than moving but i have i idea that i thinks is better :mellow:

how bout we just make all of the buildings stealthed at all times unless u get within like a setant radius of it?

also ill make some user bars for everybody :)

Edited by lacrossman930, 05 January 2008 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

OH MY GOODNESS YOUR FAST!!! great work so far lol

im making a background and title music for this atm so ill post a screen and send both to u some time today or tommrow jimiojoe

well i like the idea of havig no buildings more than moving but i have i idea that i thinks is better :dry:

how bout we just make all of the buildings stealthed at all times unless u get within like a setant radius of it?

also ill make some user bars for everybody :D

personally i think i prefer moving buildings, at least for voldemorts team, and then you could have a stealth upgrade purchaseable for hogwarts team.
coool look forward to usebars and background images =D

not going to be working as speedily now as i've finally started work and im doing this training course atm which means busy 4 hours after college every week day arghh. so i'll only be modding at weekends, at least till training ends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutral Units -

Spider Lair - Keep
Troll Lair - Keep (Maybe change skin/model of trolls everso slightly)
Warg Lair - Replace with werewolves or centaurs
Fire Drake Lair - Small Dragons
Barrow Lair - Inferi [Notee: the way nazgul turned people into barrow wites we could use as the spell by strong death eaters to make inferi - i think they'd be better like that than a normal unit because they are not very common in the books]

Inn Leaky Cauldron
Pub Hogs Head

How's that sound??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a few other bits and bobs i've been mucking around with:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by jimiojoe, 12 January 2008 - 04:05 PM.

Jimiojoe

#70 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

sweet jesus this is amazing looks like a fantastic mod.

#71 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:15 PM

Nice work. You got a new computer there Jimiojoe? (I think I remember all your PotC screens being on a really low setting)
Posted Image

#72 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Very nice progress... Keep it up.

#73 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

the graphics card looks high? i really like the design of the towers.

is that the resource building next to the towers?

#74 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

is that the resource building next to the towers?

Looks alike Hagrids Hut to me. However i could be wrong.

#75 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

Well, the pic's caption is 'hagridshutmz3', so I would guess so :dry:

Nice job, and remember, I'm always here if you need skins :D

Edited by Eldarion25, 12 January 2008 - 07:32 PM.

Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

Well, the pic's caption is 'hagridshutmz3', so I would guess so :dry:

Good job spotting that, I missed it :D

#77 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

cool jim did you send him voldy yet to skin?

alos ill have the bars up in 20 min or less and ill try to have to bg done today also.

eldarion ur sigg will be done today aswell :dry:

Nice work jim can you type up a full tech tree combining my best ideas and yours.(especially the recruite 1 at a time type thing i liked that) and Pm it to me so i can edit my first post?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 jimiojoe

jimiojoe

War Mungerer

• Project Team
  • 491 posts
  •  Advice

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

cool jim did you send him voldy yet to skin?

alos ill have the bars up in 20 min or less and ill try to have to bg done today also.

eldarion ur sigg will be done today aswell :dry:

Nice work jim can you type up a full tech tree combining my best ideas and yours.(especially the recruite 1 at a time type thing i liked that) and Pm it to me so i can edit my first post?

Yesss a new computer - thats why i was off of revora for about 2 or 3 months the old one just died. old one ran best on low settings, this comp however lets me use ultra high + listen to music at same time wooooooh. i love it =D (also my old xmod files still on old harddrive> thats why no news from that mod still atm)
----------
ahh noo that building i forgot to note IS hagrids hut (well done) !
- what you guys think?? the fence comes at level 2, andd the tower at level 3 (animals appear at different levels tooo)
----------
ahh havnt yet sent anything to anyone, i shall now send skin to eldarion for voldy, andd i have a revised tech tree which i'll try and type out more legibly and send either tonight if i not sleepy enough or tomoz morning (Y)
Jimiojoe

#79 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

• Project Team
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:45 AM

thanks

Well everyone heres the new userbars!!!!

hope you like them ;)

Posted Image

Edited by lacrossman930, 13 January 2008 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

as we know harry has had many different appearances throughout the 6 films and i really hated how he has that short hair in film 5 & 6 (yes i have seen a very early screenshot of the sixth film at imb or ign can't remember)

i personally like this harry the most he has the best costume out of all the harry's we have seen.

harry in the maze costume

http://sugarcubes.bl...sed_info_52.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users