PR improvedment idea

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Troy Guffey

Troy Guffey
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:14 AM

Even though the mod has been declared to be on hiatus, I've got some suggestions.

I've been playing PR for a while now, and here are some of my ideas to improve the mod:

0. Auroras that don't destroy their own airbase when under attack!!!!

1. Turrets and "firebases" can purchase an upgrade to the Paladin anti-missile laser.

2. Combat engineers can also build stealthed detector units, auto-mortars, small minefields, and foxholes for 1 or 2 troops. All placed items should cost money ($20?)

3. All troops get ability to dig their own foxholes, increased armor, but immobile. Missile Defenders automatically use their laser lock when foxholed.

4. Give Burton the ability to buy an airstrike upgrade (possibly like Beng's Laser Mod)

5. Strategy Center upgrade: stealthed drones. Lose stealth when attacking.

6. Vehicle scout drones give the ability to clear mines to that vehicle by allowing the vehicle to fire on the mines.

7. Lotus should have a pistol at least. Enough to kill 1 infantry before it kills her.

8. Drone controller base defense: Always has 1 scout drone, 1 point-defense drone, 2 hellfire drones, and 4 battle drones. Builds replacement drones if they die.

9. All buildings can garrison troops and/or integral defenses. If only the latter, enough to kill 2 or 3 infantry quickly enough to avoid being captured. (Integral defenses make sense. There would be an Officer in Charge in each structure, and they would have sidearms, right?)

10. Microwave beam superweapon for Laser General. Large area, last long enough to fry EVERYTHING inside the area. (I think I got this idea from Contra)

11. Make sure that when you use captured side tech that it works for all units. (Like GLA junk-repair working for USA)

12: Tone DOWN the cluster bomb. Right now it's better than nukes, or MOABs. That's a little out of the realm of how it should work in the "real world". I think it should be better than an artillery strike, but not as good as a MOAB (Bigger area, but less damage; yes)

Some ideas I'm seconding that have already been suggested:

1. Add machine guns to tanks, at least as good as Humvee's initial weapon. (idea from link.the.first)

2. Burton gets different abilities when fighting for different generals. (idea from link.the.first)

3. Infantry bunkers for all sides. China keeps theirs the way it is: USA gets quonset dugouts, GLA get very basic open-top trenches. Perhaps add a "medic" to each one, so that infantry inside does heal. Perhaps also the ability to garrison 1 vehicle with several troops.

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

Your ideas are nice and all, but Vanguard has put the mod on permanent hiatus :thumbsupsmiley: .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users