Battle 3: The Lake of Destiny

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#21 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:04 AM

Burly somersaulted backwards to his feet, upon the move the orcs fired. He jumped high and grabbed a branch, feeling the arrows hit his heavily armored legplates, with but one or two infiltrating. As he swung into the tree, he pulled free his bow and let fly, catching an orc in the face and digging the arrow to the fletches into another's shoulder.

(Honestly, what dwarf can do a somersault backwards and jump into a tree just above a group of orc's reach? And no dwarf could swing into a tree and shoot his bow, hitting an orc right in the face. You're godmodding, just watch it next time, please, nobody wants to fight Superdwarf :p)

(@MEM, why'd you make half of the text black? Nothing was wrong with it :p)

Sharakk struck at the dwarf, trying to get a hit on him, but every blow was stopped, followed by a swing from the dwarf's hammer. I've seen these moves before, but where? I know I've seen them! The exchanging of blows and swinging of metal was extraordinary, like a ferocious dance of weapons. With each swing, Sharakk could feel his opponent tire, but he was tiring, too. He saw a small gap between the dwarf's helm and armor, and swung his axe at the weak spot. The helm of the warrior flew from his head, and blood dripped from the wound. Sharakk saw a large scar running down his angered face, and realized who he was facing (if you don't understand, read Battle 1 and PvP 1, along with LE's registration). I should have known! The dwarf from the gatehouse, he was almost the end of me... I'll make sure that won't happen again! Sharakk struck at the dwarf with increased vigor, remembering his hatred for him. The dwarf smashed his hammer into Sharakk's left hand, knocking his hammer out and shattering bones. Sharakk swung Chaos into the dwarf's shoulder, smashing two plates into each other and bending them downward into his shoulder.
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

Zhibain, swinging mainly for the orc's weak side started as a dwarven runner came up to him and called him. Smashing the orc, who was a personal enemy, in the face with his iron gauntlet, Zhibain grabbed his helm, and dashed back to the king's tent. The king, after greeting Zhibain warmly, asked Zhibain to take command of the ships which were about to be moved into attacking positions. Zhibain asked the king why he needed to take command of the ships and how he was supposed to get to the ships, and the king answered, saying,
"I just received a message from one of the ship's message runners, which is an extremely fast tri-hulled catamaran. He said that the captain was injured extremely seriously in a shipboard accident, and that he was not in a fit state to command such a crucial part of the dwarves' military strategy. The message runner is available to take you to the ships."
Zhibain replied, "I would be proud to assist your majesty in such a way."
He ran to the message runner, and was urprised at the great speed it acquired on the short trip to the fleet. Zhibain immediately had the finest archers mount half of the message runners available, and have them skirt the beaches, firing arrows at the orcs on the shore. He then had all able bodied sailors report to their direct superiors to get their orders and to be organized into their groups.

((Sorry to cut off our rp, Eldarion))
((and in answer to your question about godmodding, the same dwarf with the enchanted spear that weighs as much as a feather and was made in between battles 2 and 3))
((sorry to team up against you jimmyman, but it is a little over the top.))

Edited by LordEcthelion, 31 December 2007 - 08:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

(Honestly, what dwarf can do a somersault backwards and jump into a tree just above a group of orc's reach? And no dwarf could swing into a tree and shoot his bow, hitting an orc right in the face. You're godmodding, just watch it next time, please, nobody wants to fight Superdwarf :dry:)

CENSORED
(He is just super athletic I guess)

(@MEM, why'd you make half of the text black? Nothing was wrong with it :))

i did it, I do not like godmodding so it was
CENSORED

Edited by Beleg, 31 December 2007 - 05:28 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#24 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

(lol sorry was running out of ways to put that...and sommersaulting sounded kool :dry: in that one :) and no LE, i found a poleaxe in the mine shaft me and MEM fell down ((read pvp2, probably my last post for reference)) which i had enchanted to be less of a burden...but yea...not as light as a feather then :) )

Burly looked up from his position and saw the orc archers. He looked down and saw his leg, which was injured, and grabbed the branch that had fallen with him and tied it to his leg as a splint. He then hobbled off away from the archers.

Edited by jimmyman, 01 January 2008 - 12:31 AM.

Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#25 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

(sorry guys im far too busy to do rpging at the moment maybe later?) :)

#26 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

((Sorry to cut off our rp, Eldarion))
((and in answer to your question about godmodding, the same dwarf with the enchanted spear that weighs as much as a feather and was made in between battles 2 and 3))
((sorry to team up against you jimmyman, but it is a little over the top.))

NP, and I agree

(Honestly, what dwarf can do a somersault backwards and jump into a tree just above a group of orc's reach? And no dwarf could swing into a tree and shoot his bow, hitting an orc right in the face. You're godmodding, just watch it next time, please, nobody wants to fight Superdwarf :))

CENSORED
(He is just super athletic I guess)

I know, but it's still extreme godmodding. It's impossible for any dwarf AT ALL to do some of the stuff that's been said. Sorry to team on you, jimmyman, but I just don't like godmodding much. Doesn't mean you're not a good RPG'er, though :)
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:13 AM

Ok all off topic done

RPG

NOW :)

Edited by Beleg, 03 January 2008 - 01:17 AM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#28 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:41 AM

((will no one notice that i did post one last one before we got on the subject of teaming again haha...and i agree pretty overpowered so i toned it down in my first post to 'making it easier to carry and the sommersault thing...well idk...haha but yea...sorry)) (im going to continue since no one else posted haha)

Burly hobbled towards out of the forest and fell to the ground. He blacked out for a second until he felt strong hands on his back, and looked up into a young Dwarf's eyes. "Oye and who might ye be lad." "My name be Olden sire, I'm part of your battalion." "Ahh ye looked familiar, how are the boys doin." "We've lost ten men sire, the orcs have the rest surrounded, and they be slowly killing them off, we need a diversion." "Aye, that would do it...I've already diverged enough today...are they fighting below the cliff as i said?" "Aye sire." "Well then get some bloody archers and tell them to fire down hell on the darned orcs, now do it ye runt." As Olden ran off he turned around and saw Zhibain running to a message runner, and hobbled as fast as he could to get to the shore.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#29 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:58 AM

Zhibain watched as the lightly armored but extremely nimble message runners flew close along the shore past rank upon rank of screaming orcs. He laughed as many an orc fell critically wounded or dead.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

(The beginning of this post (the screaming) happens right when Zhibain leaves the fight, the rest comes after the last post)

"Get back here, you scum! Stay here and fight!" However, the dwarf was soon gone, and the other dwarf was nowhere to be seen. Now that 2 of the dwarves were gone, and the other was occupied by the 2 orcs, Sharakk went back to the archer batallion and watched their work.

"How are you doing against the ships?" An orc wielding a largebow answered "We've caught fire to a large ship that would seem to be the flagship, and 4 others, but it's not going well." Sharakk said "Hmm..." Sharakk paused for a moment, deep in thought. "Use the fat from the meat in the supply packs and wrap it inside the cloth at the end of the fire arrows. The fat will burn much stronger than just the cloth and oil." Sharakk watched the orc do as he said, and instantly, a bright, larger fire came from his arrow. "Now tell your comerads to do this" The orc instantly spread word to his friends, and the stronger arrows started to rain upon the boats, bringing fire and death.

Edited by Eldarion25, 03 January 2008 - 02:03 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:51 AM

Burly watched as Zhibain's runner swept away and cursed as he fell to the ground at the shore. He screamed in frusteration as he heard a newer volley of arows rush and he looked up. He saw things that would shake a grown dwarf. The flagship of the Dwarven fleet was afire and as he looked, bright flaming arrows descended on his beloved comrades on the vessels. He grew angry and got up and grabbed his crutch. He walked fast back to the orc archers in the forest. When he was about 20 yards in he heard muttering in orcish. He looked up from a bush andsaw the orcs firing. He also saw their comander, the fast orc, and his two rivals. He looked around and found a good sized stone and tested the weight. He looked up at the fast orc and primed the rock. He let fly, and it smacked into the fast orc's head. The orc looked directly at Burly and bade his comrades a moment. He moved, lightning quick, at Burly and grabbed him around the collar. "You have caused enough trouble today, it is time we take out the Dwarves' greatest general..." He picked up burly and bound his wrists, unsplintered his leg, and dragged him back into the orcish camp. "Aye maggots yer friend seems to like dragging yer rival through yer camps." Both orcs stared wide eyed at the captured Burly beforestruggling to get close. "NO! he is merely a prisoner and not your play toy." "Looks like yer fast buddy has some big words fer ye, maybe you can understand them." He spit on the fast one's face again, and this time the fast one kicked Burly in the head, and he blacked out.
Sig by Serated

#32 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

The dwarf now lay unconcious on the ground, with Prakhatulûk standing over him. Sharakk yelled "Let's just kill him and get it over with! He's caused enough destractions already!" "No!", Prakhatulûk said. "He could be used as an important bargaining tool. We could use this!" Sharakk responded "For what? We have a low-rate, brand new commander here, what could we trade him for? 5 weak prisoners and a crate of supplies? If you think we could negotiate a surrender, then you're plain stupid! Just kill the sack of meat!" Hashnark intervened. "Both of you, stop! Just tie him up more so he has no phisical way of getting out. Then send him to Nar with a large group of soldiers, he'll know what he wants done with him, whether it's execution or bargaining. Just make sure that he goes through the bulk of the Orc army without being in the open AT ALL. We can't afford to lose him." Sharakk said "Fine, I'll go with Hashnark and 5 melee-trained archers, nobody will be able to get this dwarf back". Hashnark, Sharakk, and the 5 archers took the tightly-bound dwarf away, leaving Prakhatulûk to command the other archers as they rained more arrows on the ships.

Edited by Eldarion25, 03 January 2008 - 05:11 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

((sorry guys, but i never said that i had brought the ships in range. They're still sitting out in the middle of the lake, hence why i have to have my message runners go closer to the shore to fire upon the orcs))
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

((oops :ohmy: ))

Burly awoke to several shouts and grunts. It took a moment to realize he was in the air, and another to realize his plan had worked. He had bought the Dwarves time by sacrificing himself. As he bearers steadily came close to a largely decorated tent, he recognized this probably was going to be his end. "Thank ye fer carrying an injured Dwarf straight to yer king." Burly smirled as a large orc stepped from the tent, his weapons were twin sowrds, and tatoos covered his right arm. "Ah you must be the orc king, how does it feel leading a swarming mass of play things?" "Shutup Dwarf, or I'll cause more pain to you than you did to Hashnark." "Well, I've already disgraced your generals today, why not you." Burly spat in Nar's direction, and it alnded with a slimey thump against his chest, and started to ooze down. The orc bearers dropped Burly, who was approached by Nar. "Foolish Dwarf you have no idea what you've done, tomorow we will execute you in the air above your comrades." Burly, almost thought that he hadn't wished he had spit. Almost.
Sig by Serated

#35 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

Sharakk waited outside of the tent for Nar to come out with his decision. He finally came out of the tent, wiping spit from his chest. "This piece of scum will be executed tomorrow!" Sharakk and the other orcs cheered. "Finally, that distraction will be rid of!" Sharakk said. Nar came up to him and pointed at an abandoned tent. Sharakk walked into it and awaited his chief. Nar eventually walked in. "Sharakk, you must take more archers with you. The new arrows are working, but there aren't enough archers to catch the rest of the fleet on fire. Get another group of archers, and this time, take some of your fellow Chief Guards to defend them. We've lost the element of surprise." Sharakk responded "Yes, Nar. And make sure to give that dwarf a slow and painful death for me, ok?" Nar smiled "Don't worry, I have some ideas already" Sharakk laughed and ran to find more archers.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:14 AM

((This should be interesting :xd: ))

But news of a general's capture runs fast through Dwarven ranks, and soon, the King had gotten the message. A King does not take kindly to a general's capture. He put on the King's gold mail and picked up battle axe. He wore a cloak and went alone, so the news of his comin was not known by the ors, or the dwarves. As he neered the orc camp, he saw his general, and he also saw an orc leave with many other orcs behind him. He then saw the orc king. He grimaced. He pulled out his horn and blasted it loud. He took his cloak off and pulled out his Battle axe.

"Nar"

Edited by Beleg, 04 January 2008 - 01:16 AM.

Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#37 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:45 AM

(;) Yay, just close it now, I want to see a PVP between you and TBG :xd:)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

• Project Team
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

((dear lord.... ;) ;) ))
Burly was bleeding from his face where an orc had hit him. He was being tied to stakes in the ground when the orc whose parents he had killed walke dup to Nar and left with alot of orcs. He looked up at Nar, and saw a tall figure, in a cloak too good for an orc. "No it cannot be." When the Dwarf rid of the cloak, and a giant of a Dwarf stood there and shouted his challenge across at Nar, his hopes raised. "Me king has come to save me!" He still stayed down though, even when Nar looked back and growled.
Sig by Serated

#39 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

(C'mon, PVP! PVP ;)!)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

(Meh maybe later as a persent for you guys)

Nar was angry "Ah so nice of you to come and offer your surrender good king may you reign long over these maggots you call soldiers"
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users