Photo

Squads or individual units?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Infantry System

Which system is better?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dexter

Dexter
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • Projects:Real War Mod

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

It now comes to the technical choice, and since we haven't made our own decision - it's up to you to choose which system should be used. Detailed replies are welcome.
And by the Squad-based system i mean the one that was in DoW, not that from C&C3.

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:12 AM

Squads would make commanding infantry easier based on my experience in World in Conflict.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#3 Guest_Guest_sweln_*_*

Guest_Guest_sweln_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

Well I've been playing compagny of heroes recently and the squad makes more sence to me when there's helis, tanks and planes everywhere.

Something where you can upgrade you squad to AT or AA or snipe or Anti Garnison could be interresting. Higher rank would permit to have more competences in one squad.

#4 Guest_elvenninja_*

Guest_elvenninja_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

squads would be better i guess

#5 Orochi-Gab

Orochi-Gab
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

yeah squads will be good ^.^

#6 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

I'm very much against squads since they can't garrison civilian structures, whereas individual units can do so. And I believe this mod is hot enough that excluding squad based infantry won't be much of a loss.

#7 Guest_austin_*

Guest_austin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

I'm very much against squads since they can't garrison civilian structures, whereas individual units can do so. And I believe this mod is hot enough that excluding squad based infantry won't be much of a loss.

#8 Guest_DR_Thrax_*

Guest_DR_Thrax_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

both some units could be individaul and some squads

#9 Guest_Guest_bob_*_*

Guest_Guest_bob_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

In Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts infantry squads can garrison civilian buildings and can even upgrade them into a light duty barracks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users