#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:18 AM

I wanted to get feedback from those on the forum and everyone about a topic that has repeatedly been asked of me.

For those who love the skins of RJ-RotWK and its contributors, as well as the other mods out there, but play mostly MP with the BT2.2, official patches, or plan on playing the unofficial 2.02 if we can get around to finishing it :) It seems like there has been a constant request to create a skin mod. Basically similar to what Nertea did for BFME1, though as a .big file download that you can play that should be compatible with the official and other versions of the games.

I know that anyone can do this just by using the art items from the mods they like, but there are many who aren't familiar or comfortable enough to mess around with this. There is also a major issue of basically offering a single file with one mod or multiple mods prized possessions and terms of use for other mods, permission, etc.

I just thought this would be maybe the mod that can be used as an introduction to mods for those who have shied away from them in the past and might lead to others being interested in the possibilities. It would also work as kind of an introduction to the mods here.

Anyway, let me know if anyone would be interested in this or would like to help out in coming up with an "official" set of skins to be used as a skin mod. I'll be starting probably with just the skins I've done on my own for RJ, but it can be expanded to anyone else who would give me the ok. It can be an RJ version of it or can spread across more mods and depending on who gives permission.

Also, please let me know if you know for a fact if you still get out of sync errors with only a .dds/.tga .big file. From all I've experienced this should be possible.

Well, I'm back too from vacation :) and this is something I've thought about for some time. I'm buried at work, but I hope to get back into RJ fixing bugs, finished factions, and especially fleshing out the campaign!

Robert J.

#2 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

Good Idea Rob, you've got the OK to use anything I've created.

Welcome back :)

Edited by Shikari, 03 January 2008 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#3 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

Sounds Intresting. Welcome back.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Gothmog14

Gothmog14

title available

• Project Team
  • 343 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK Beta

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

I think it sounds like a great idea. I can never play as Dwarves because of their god awful skins in vanilla.

Posted Image
Thanks to Shikari for the sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

I really like the idea, and I'm willing to contribute as well. If there's any skins you want to use from me, I can give you the permission to do so. So far, I've made the following reskins:
- Azog
- Boromir (normal + HA)
- Easterlings (normal + HA)
- Faramir (normal + HA)
- Gothmog
- Gundabad Warriors
- Hwaldar
- Karsh
- Lurtz
- Morgomir
- Mouth of Sauron
- Nazgul (rider + horse)
- Orc Archers (2 skins)
- Rhudaur Spearmen
- Rhudaur Axemen
- Sauron
- Warg (neutral)
- Witch-king (Mordor + Angmar)

#6 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:49 PM

Awesome idea :) I wondered, not long ago, why this hadnt been done already :blush:
BUt unfortunately, it might be possible that I cant contribute with even just one skin :grin: Havent been reskinning EA units that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users