•  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

And yet we're the closed-minded ones.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

Read the above post and tell me how it is even relevant to my point. Not at all. Poses no point, has so structured thought. Simply another drive-by posting. Won't these people ever learn?

Getting actually on topic. It's my child and I'll spank them if I want to. I don't need a left wing NANNY state to tell me how to raise my children. If you beat them than obviously remove the child from the danger.

Left wing looneys won't protect the child before it's born, but would sure love to NANNY them afterwards. Yet the rightwing nutjob people are the opposite. They want to save the unborn and do little to take care of them after they are born.

It would make perfect sense to me to protect the unborn and the born. What part of the left/right ideology is missing the obvious here?

See the hypocricy. How can the far left claim to protect children for childrens sake from parents who spank and yet allow partial birth abortions, married women to abort without notifying the husband, under 16 years old girls aborting without parental notification?

Now honestly, I'm pro choice, but I'm not hypocritical either. You can't have it both ways. If it's the womans right to kill her child before birth, than it's her right to kill them after birth.

If you can't abuse or murder your kids after birth, than you shouldn't have the right to kill them while still in the womb being "processed."

And if it's YOUR body and can choose to abort than make all drugs legal as well as doctor assisted suicide.

Until then, spank your children when they act up. Because if you don't than you'll end up with selfish brats who think the government owes them a free ride in life. And if they don't get it than they blame thier parents, society, and the government.

The reasons why people are losers are because they failed to get off thier ass and run when the race started. The whistle blew and they are still sitting there at the starting gate. Why run when the government trolley will come by soon to save you and carry you to the finish line in life.

The last thing I want to do is rely on the government to maintain my existance...

#43 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

i like dr. House's opinion on children:
woman:"whats wrong with me?"
house: "you've got a parasite. you can choose to have it removed, or you can choose to nurture and love it for the next 20 years"

personally i mean experience is life. theres not much sacred beyond the gathering of knowledge into your brain. by the time the brain actively gets a sentience, abortion becomes less and less "popular". if you are nothing but a vegetable then you have about as much worth as a vegetable imo. but now we are derailing here.

hostiles perspective on right-wing/left-wing paradox is pretty accurate. right wing does want children into the world, but they sure want the world to be as much hell as it can be for them. left wing doesnt want to bring children into the world unless the "time is right". but when they get a child they take care of it properly. look at it the same way some kid wants a dog, but can't handle training the dog. do you let the kid have the dog and risk the dog becoming a foaming beast, or do you wait until the kid is mature or dedicated enough for the dog and the dog becomes a proper dog.

the problem in the world is that the ones who really should be spreading their offspring are the ones who most easily will take an abortion. this is what i think is the biggest flaw of abortion. inverted darwinism. then again, going in the direction of forcing "bad parents" to abort is very forceful eugenics, which isnt very popular.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#44 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Read the above post and tell me how it is even relevant to my point. Not at all. Poses no point, has so structured thought. Simply another drive-by posting. Won't these people ever learn?

We spam together!
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

Speaking of relevancy, Hostile, how is abortion relevant to parental abuse? It's clear you're anti-abortion (the terms pro-choice and pro-life are stupid, therefore I'm making my own). You've made your point. Now return to topic. :rolleyes:

#46 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

Because abortion is the greatest form of child abuse I can think of. Kill them before they even hit the tarmack running. :rolleyes:

For your viewing pleasure...

#47 Gosho

Gosho

Go for it!

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Projects:C&C Mahaira
  •  Doing something hideous, disturbing, anti-social

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

See the hypocricy. How can the far left claim to protect children for childrens sake from parents who spank and yet allow partial birth abortions, married women to abort without notifying the husband, under 16 years old girls aborting without parental notification?

Now honestly, I'm pro choice, but I'm not hypocritical either. You can't have it both ways. If it's the womans right to kill her child before birth, than it's her right to kill them after birth.

If you can't abuse or murder your kids after birth, than you shouldn't have the right to kill them while still in the womb being "processed."

See, there is this thing - during pregnancy, the human brain isn't devloped. So abortion does not hurt anyone - it's like cutting off unneeded skin or apendix. However, once the child is born, the brain is already - now we have a human being. That, we must not mistreat.

#48 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

See, there is this thing - during pregnancy, the human brain isn't devloped. So abortion does not hurt anyone - it's like cutting off unneeded skin or apendix. However, once the child is born, the brain is already - now we have a human being. That, we must not mistreat.

So if a child is born by C-section prematurely, it is considered a child, while a child in the same position in the womb is considered (not a child)???

What human right do left wing people have to choose that a 6 month old baby who is "extracted" from the womb and lives, is a child, when a child of the same gestation period lives in the womb and is not considered a child?

When exactly does it become a child? The moment we cut open the womans stomach and extract the baby? Was it a child 10 minutes prior to "extraction?"

IMO I think it was a child the whole time. It's more a matter of social convience...

#49 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Hostile, would you prosecute someone for murder if they fell on their front while carrying a 7 month old child, killing it?
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

No I would not. It actually happened to my mom. She fell on her stomache when she slipped on the ice 9 months pregnant. She lost the baby (my brother)

Was there some point you were trying to prove?

#51 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:Keeping Apocalypse and Wrath alive
  •  Apocalypse Admin, Wrath of Orion Admin

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

No kidding, I was very nearly not born because of a miscarriage. Had my brother been born, my parents wouldn't have had me...

First off, I'd just like to point out the absolutely absurd generalizations you're making about anyone left of center. So, anyone liberal is now a "typical treefucker?" Funny, you know. Most of my friends are liberal, but occasionally, a wierd thing happens. They...they...they don't all have the exact same political views! It's really odd. I was pretty sure all liberals were exactly the same and all had the same agenda, the same priorities, and were pretty much just drones! I'm so confused now.

Because you know, I'm against this anti - spanking law, and I'm pro - choice. And I'd consider myself pretty far left. I don't see why you insist on making this purely a left/right thing. The two party system is bullshit, and this shows why. The party doesn't represent the interests of the people as a whole, it just tries to generally match one person with a diverse group of people. Left/Right is irrelevant. Now could you please stop complaining about how everyone in Massachusetts is a crazed wacked out over protective nutjob? I know the type who are like this, sure. Hell, my town's considered a hotspot for this kinda shit! But my parents sure as hell spanked me and it worked. My friends parents spanked them or often worse, and they turned out fine too. This law is really pushing it, no doubt. But I stick to my opinion that people are making mountains out of molehills. If you read the laws they have in some states, you'd see that this law is a joke. Sodomy is still illegal in some states, but I doubt that stops people. The government's not gonna be peering into your house watching for you to spank your child, this is just to discourage severe abuse and to generally encourage less violent methods of disciplining your children. Though it's plain to see, many people these days do need some solid discipline. Parents seem to have forgotten the word "No." Or at least it's certainly become taboo.
Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.
I'll get to the moon if I have to crawl.
The problem with any government is that it eventually attracts politicians.

#52 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

Now See, I have my own Idea. I'm not going to say, Don't hit your kids. I'm actually saying, DO hit your kids. Hell, I'm still technically one. Do you know how much more shit I would've done if I had not known there would've been a serious consquence for doing such thigns? Beating, or punishing your kids in a manner that they understand is the most logical way to deal with such things. Now see, there is a line. A badly abused line. One who hits thier kids for no reason. Bad. One who hits thier kids (Lightly if young, don't care if not) for when they did bad. Good.

Human nature depicts we are selfish assholes to start off with. If we are molded while we still are able to be so, then...

EDIT: I've just finished watching the video so graciously hotlinked by hostile up there. Point for my arguement. If your parent has beaten you before, and you try to get away with shit by bluffing or by doing something even worse when -they- where right, and they only threaten to hurt you, and you immedately pull back; because you know they -will- beat you if you do wrong, and therefore the whole system has come full swing. You will be far less likely to pull off shit, because you know its not so easy to get away with it, and if you don't... well, somebody gonna get a hurt.

Edited by Huzegun, 05 February 2008 - 12:29 AM.

#53 Sigmar

Sigmar
  • Hosted
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:53 AM

I still think it's wrong. using force will not do anything, it only shows that person lacks the values of knowing ones rights.

And children are people to. dont like like they are monsters. because an adult can be the real monster.

#54 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

I don't think you quite understand what I stated, or what others have stated. Using force will DO everything. How much 'everything' ends up to be ends up to the person. A child, because of the modern Parenting style, has roughly half the rights, becuase they are not saw as people, but annoying little shits that shouldn't be bothering them.

Abuse, however, is where things needed to be changed out a bit. Normal punishment... Its fine, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users