7 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

I want to add sounds to the escalation levels when researched. It will be the same sound no matter what faction you are playing, so it needs to be fairly generic.

It can be one sound, or a seperate sound for each of the 3 levels.

any help finding the right sound would be greatly apreciated.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

Do you think Microsoft Sam would sound a bit out of place saying "Tech level 1" or something similar....?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

OMG Microsoft Sam rocks we so have to have it >.> (can u taste the sarcasm?)
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

I taste nothing over the internetz

And the Microsoft sam reference was a joke incase you couldn't tell lol!

Edited by olli, 09 January 2008 - 05:48 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:04 AM

i've thaught though MS Sam could do voices for Robot's Mechs. Its uber apropriate...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

Just 'Tech-Level-1' Seems to clash the rest of ZH's physique for sounds. For instance, when you upgrade worker shoes, you do not get 'WORKER SHOES UPGRADE COMPLETLE.' You get, in a ethnic voice 'Thank you for the new shoes!'. It would be far more convincing if, for instance, in the USA side for level one; you had something like ...
'General, you have been granted colonial powers.'
Two...
'General, you have been granted State powers.'
Three...
'General, you have been granted Global-impacting powers.'
And for like China,
'The people have united in your Colony! Fight well!'
'The people have united in your State! Fight for it!'
'Nationalism is strong; a nation we are now! Crush your opponets with your newfound support!'
And just because I'm on a roll, GLA.
'General, our connection strength has escelated to a tatical level.'
'General, More people belive our way is just! We are now at a state level!'
'They will tremble when they see how strong your support is! We are now a global threat!'

Just immerse the player more, why not? :p

Edited by Huzegun, 20 January 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

Just 'Tech-Level-1' Seems to clash the rest of ZH's physique for sounds.
Just immerse the player more, why not? :p

Because of a Brutal limitation in the code!

Theres only 128 possible upgrades. (this is hard-coded in the engine) This includes both Player upgrades that effect every unit, and Unit upgrades that effect only a single unit, but it still uses an upgrade slot. Now, if you play Remix you'll notice that I have closer to 200 upgrades in game. To do this I've had to overlap Upgrades... this came with a bug... When you buy your tech upgrades for Laser General you here "Patriotism!" and "Propognda Towers!" And, when these upgrades are building they show the China icon instead of the same icon as the button you pressed.

I've fixed this bug for the next version, but even the "fix" has a cost. All research still has the apropriate picture on the button, but now, all upgrades will show a generic "research" symbol in the buld que and no upgrade plays a sound when complete, Instead they just say "Upgrade Complete" in the generic faction tone (this is by default if there is no asigned sound)

The only 3 upgrades in the game that still have unique cameo images and can support a sound are the 3 tech level upgrades. But, they are only 3 upgrades, and because the sound is tied to the upgrade itself and not the faction researching it I can can only have 3 sounds for 3 upgrades.

To give a faction specific voice to each I'd have to make it 12 upgrades instead of 3... that just too many precious upgrade slots to give up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:56 AM

Well that absolutely friggen sucks. Its a minor part, anyway, so long as there is sound I doubt to many people will really notice such bugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users