Official complaint thread

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_krinsim_*_*

Guest_Guest_krinsim_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

Since some people seem to have a need to post their grievances in a very disorganized and unreasonable manner, it might help to collect the trash all in one place. Why? Because it is fun to answer that kind of trash! :rolleyes:

So here it is, the trash i find anywhere in the SEE forums, collected for your pleasure, to be answered as you please.
But mind your manners!! :p

Sûl.

Original Title and Content:

Topic Title: This mod sucks
Topic Description: THIS MOD SUCKS
Content: There are so many fucking problems with this mod its not even funny. for 1 the games take waaaaaay to long. 2 The unbalanced factor is lame. That is only 2 of the many problems there are with this mod. If u want to see a great mod that u can use for online play and upping ur game then go to..... http://www.gamereplays.org/bfme2bt2dc/
I want u to know that i will naver even consider using this mod again!

ADIOS MOTHER FUCKERS!

Edited by Nazgûl, 05 October 2009 - 11:07 AM.

#2 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

Good for you.

Btw, you're completely missing the point. The aim of the mod is to expand it, make it more fun and epic, and to remove rushing so you can build up huge armies, not to make a 100% balanced game. Of course Naz and Sul want it to be as balanced as they can, but that's difficult because they don't have the time to test the mod for balance.

So if you think it's unbalanced, suggest how to improve things! The BT2DC mod came about because firstly people thought that BFME II was unbalanced, and secondly because they suggested changes to make it more balanced instead of just moaning about it being unbalanced. Why do I get the feeling you were one of the cretins you just posted "why is this fking game so unbalanced! I hate EA" instead of posting constructive stuff like "faction X is too strong early game because of unit Y's low cost and high attack".

Edited by mh_gollum, 09 January 2008 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

Well , if you don't like it , don't play it. There's no reason to write it like that. From the looks of it , your keyboard must have taken a serious beating.

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

Adios muchacho.

(deleted stuff)

Reopened thread.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 09 January 2008 - 04:43 PM.
For fun. :)

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

It would take forever (which really good mods do) to balance and mod at the same time.

And usually that's why there are beta testers to find these things. Balance issues, bugs , errors, etc.

That's also why I believe there are suggestion threads too. :rolleyes:

And IMO, the BT2DC is more for the clan wars and online play than anything else (not saying it's bad or anything).

Edited by Downfall, 09 January 2008 - 04:56 PM.

"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Jest has always been the best way to overcome stupidity.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#7 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

Thank you Sûl :rolleyes:
Here the Post I made, but at the time I wanted to send it the Thread was closed a few seconds ago.

Wow, so many insults in only... five lines, congratulationes, I would have NEVER managed that.
For me it would be impossible, to call SEE a bad mod or to insult the mod, because it is a great mod^^
That games take such a long time is ok, that is the meaning of the mod and I (and many others) like it wink.gif
And because you mentioned the battletest:
I hate that patch, the original 1.06 is much more funny to play. But that is MY meaning and I can write it without insulting any one. Of course I caould have told you taht with many "motherfuckers" and words like that. But that sounds to babyish and that doesn't sound serious.
It just sounds funny^^
Adios SEE hater and thanks for your great post with this attractive language, I love tou too...(be careful, I found some irony in my post)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#8 King_of_Blades

King_of_Blades
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:27 AM

I imagine the poster of those comments was most likely some immature 14-year-old. And it's sad that we (I say "we" because I myself am a 14 year old) are stereotyped into being immature little teenagers who can't deal with things in an organized and/or mature way. Unfortunately, the majority of teens these days aren't properly raised and taught "properly". Forgive me for taking a stab at parents, but alas, it is what this all comes down to.

Anyway, I have no complaints about S.E.E. It probably surpasses the ranks of RJ-RotWK, though, that would in itself be insulting S.E.E., because the producer of RJ-RotWK plays a major role in the production of this mod... :unsure:
Posted Image

92% of today's teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this to your signature.

#9 Grubbo

Grubbo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

Its a matter of different game styles for different people. What it boils down to for me is that mods like the BTDC patch are for hardcore RTS players. Mods like SEE are for LOTR fans AND lovers of classic strategy. A hardcore RTS player has grown accustomed to certain conventions and traditions, set heavily by Warcraft and Starcraft and other like minded titles at that time. Balance to them is more about overall function, and less about being faithful to any kind of source material or sense of realism. As long as a unit has a proven function and effectiveness, it doesn't matter to the player if the unit is "unrealistic". Balancing stats is to a degree independant to any "practical" consideration of the units "real world" functioning. Stat selection is therefore almost arbitrary, so long as the end result is a perfectly balanced game. Speed building is also a big part of the traditional RTS formula.

The SEE mod just isn't for the typical RTS player. It skews the game mechanic towards an experience that seeks to emulate long, epic battles involving massive armies. Defensive play is also emphasized. Balance is more intuitive: unit stats and abilities are chosen to reflect a logic internal to the fantasy world.

One is not better than the other. I have played the BTDC patch for BFME2 and it is very enjoyable, especially in light of the original state of the game. It is incredibly balanced, and all units are useful.
But as a huge fan of the LOTR movies and lore, I am in love with the SEE mod. It brings qualities to the gameplay which pure balance patches cannot. It revitalizes the feeling of epic battle, and further fleshes out the LOTR world.

I have played the RJ ROTWK mod before I found SEE, and with all due respect, I find that SEE is a much more balanced (in terms of design, not talking about unit balance here), more focused mod. Overall, it feels like a more cohesive experience. Then again, it goes back to what I said earlier: different games for different people.

#10 Guest_Reluctant Critic_*

Guest_Reluctant Critic_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:57 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but...

I'm afraid to say that I feel this mod has lost its way. As a huge fan of the original MarksMod, it seemed to me that the SEE mod was intended to be a continuation of that - concentrating on balancing issues and AI, with far tougher units (and especially buildings) to make for highly tactical and long-lasting skirmishes against the computer.

Some great changes have been introduced - for example the hybrid BFME1 and 2 levelling system for buildings is a superb innovation, and AI improvements in base building are very welcome, as are changes to walls.

However...

The mod has become victim to a particularly bad case of 'feature creep'. New skins, units, and even entire factions and ring powers are in my opinion beyond the scope of the original vision of the mod. Add to this changes to the gollum/ring dynamic and we are left with what is becoming virtually a total conversion mod. This might not be a bad thing, but the net is littered with over-ambitious mods that are abandoned unfinished. I fear that the SEE mod might fall victim to this very fate, and all the hard work the modders have put in will be effectively wasted.

It's too far down the development path now, but I would have loved a 'lite' version of the mod that updated and completed the work started on MarksMod, while leaving out the extras. We might have got a lite version for ROTWK that way too...

If any of this has insulted anyone then I apologise, that was not my intention. Its just that I greatly fear that the dreaded 'feature creep' will lead to this mod's demise, because the original vision of what the SEE mod was for seems to have been forgotten.

Which would be a great shame.

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

Then again, there is more in the mod already, which you all can play, than there's NOT it, that's NOT been made :xcahik_:
Atleast, I'm pretty sure that's how it is :dry:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#12 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

I agree. At least it feels like it to me. :sad:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#13 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

even so, i actually do kinda feel this mod is dieing out... no news for ages, no replies on the forums like it used to be...

it just feels not the same without nazgul... anyway, i hope i will hear anything new soon, in the mean time ill just continue playing RJ-rotwk.. ;)

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Well I'm back... :sleep:

And as much as I'd like to have Grubbo as a spokes person for SEE, I also think that "Guest_Reluctant Critic" left his critique in a very organized and correct manner. There's NO reason to get offended by such posts, so no sweat Guest - you haven't upset me (and I don't think anyone else either). It's ppl that can't post in a proper manner that we can't stand. You know like: "i hate diz mod cause it sucks like shit" and so on, lol. You're free to not like the mod since you explain WHY, and I also understand your point. I could release a SEE Reskin Pack only later on though, if that might please you and other that agree with you =)

Thanks to Grubbo as well for understanding and pointing out our views in such a good way :xcahik_:

However, don't judge SEE completely until it's 100% finished. There's still a lot of balancing to be done, when all things are in there... =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 Grubbo

Grubbo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

Well I'm back... :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks to Grubbo as well for understanding and pointing out our views in such a good way :)

However, don't judge SEE completely until it's 100% finished. There's still a lot of balancing to be done, when all things are in there... =)

You are more than welcome, Nazgul. It's an honor to represent your labour of love to those who may still be on the fence or can't quite understand your vision. And I'm incredibly glad yer back!
All hail the return of the king!

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

lol, thank you so much Grubbo. You seem like a very nice person :thumbsupsmiley:

I just hope that my return will also motivate more ppl to help out with SEE, so we can finish this baby with as many intentions as possible intact. Myself I haven't coded in a VERY long time, but I'm trying to get back into it, when work is not swallowing too much time. But I'd hate to let this mod die, so in some manner I will see it finish. :')

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:37 PM

I've installed the mod yesterday and the first thing I saw was that the unit building times are taking ages... Is there a good reason for? Maybe it was better if the unit-building-speed was the same as in the original BfmE2..

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

Maybe you should read up a bit on the mod...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 Guest_Tomzter08_*

Guest_Tomzter08_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

I Love the look of this mod but my worst nightmare is this:
whenever i click on it to run it the mod crashes and it won't let me play it! :p
could it be that i'm in england

CAN SOMEBODY REPLY AND FAST BECAUSE I DISPARATELY IF THEY KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT PLEASE

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

You should post this in Support Forums and search the threads there for similar problems :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users