New to Modding, Help Please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Medicleous

Medicleous
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:01 AM

Hello, I have recently began teaching myself how to modify the .big files and am currently in the process of altering the units and structures in BFME2. This is for the benefit of myself only, as I don't play online. So far I have halved the DAMAGE and HEALTH of the units (Men & Goblins so far), and doubled the HEALTH of all building in those factions. I would like to modify the level of resistence strucures have to all attacks but seige, but I can't figure out how. Any help would be appreciated, or can I be directed to a manual on modding BFME2?

I would like to make it so that only seige units can attack walls and gates too, but I've spent hours looking through the various inis to no avail. :(

#2 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

Every unit and structure contains an 'ArmorSet' in it's object-ini file. Check it out. Then open the file 'armor.ini' and go look for the set. It contains all the resistance types. NOTE: low percentage means high resistance. If you put 0% in a place makes units with weapons of this damage type not only do NO DAMAGE, but also they cannot and will not acquire units with this armor as targets. Some weapons use several different DamageTypes (with seperate damage values). Dragon Breath for example does FIRE and MAGIC at the same time, Fire Arrows do PIERCE and FIRE. Read the comments and see below.

Every combatant's object-ini file will also contain one or more entries for their 'WeaponSet'. Go look for the term in 'weapon.ini'. The DamageType is what's referred to in 'Armor.ini', so you know which weapons use what type. NOTE: Hordes only contain the rangefinder for target acquisition. To know the damage type of the troops, go into the seperate ini file for the singular troops.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 10 January 2008 - 09:03 AM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#3 Medicleous

Medicleous
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Sul, that helped alot. What exactly is CRUSH damage? Does that refer to cavalry, trolls, giants, ents, flying units? Or CRUSH damage of cavalry only? What's LOGICAL_FIRE, is that when flames continue burning after an attack?

Lastly, how do I fix the bug that prevents me from rebuilding wall hubs that were destroyed? I know you've done it in S.E.E. and am dying to find out how.

Cheers,
Medicleous

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Sul, that helped alot. What exactly is CRUSH damage? Does that refer to cavalry, trolls, giants, ents, flying units? Or CRUSH damage of cavalry only? What's LOGICAL_FIRE, is that when flames continue burning after an attack?

If you are curious, go into 'weapon.ini' and look for the damage type. You'll see the weapons that use them. NOTE: Not all weapons in weapon.ini are used.

Lastly, how do I fix the bug that prevents me from rebuilding wall hubs that were destroyed? I know you've done it in S.E.E. and am dying to find out how.

It's not a bug. It's rather a few special modules in the wall segments.

What you will need is 'KeepSelectableWhenDead = Yes', A 'SlowDeathBehavior' that only activated when 'SOLD' or 'SUICIDED', a KeepObjectDie-module that activates when NOT ''SOLD' or 'SUICIDED' and a commandset which includes a 'sell' and a 'self-repair' button.

Just check out any one of the small wall segments. You'll see what i mean.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users