• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:41 PM

Hi guys, this mod is still alive...Well, my father reinstalled the computer and deleted a map called 'Back Up don't delete' where my Red Renegade files where in but whatever, I still had the voxels. Now, I decided I didn't like to switch between normal YR and my mod so I just combined them. This will mean some things of Renegade will not be in this mod. What you can expect from this mod:

-All or nearly all Renegade vehicles and aircraft
-Maybe some ships from Renegade if I can balance it out
-A few Renegade infantry (Shotgun Trooper, Flamethrower, Chemical Trooper, and maybe some new hero's)
-Allies (with GDI tech), Soviets (with Nod tech), and Yuri (with some added things to balance it out)
-New powers (paradrop, airstrike, etc)
-New upgrades (weapon upgrades, power upgrade, etc)
-Changed units to balance it out
-Some new units that doesn't have anything to do with Renegade
-MAYBE a completely new and fictional fourth side if I can be bothered to but that won't happen until everything else except the campaign is done
-MAYBE a campaign if I can be bothered to but that won't happen in a long time

That's all I gues...Well, for all your GDI fans here are a few screenies showing GDI units and other new units:

Here we see the new Tank Destroyer voxel (oh it owns, really, I would say they are overpowered but altough great against tanks it sucks against anything else), the Shotgun Trooper, Sidewinder, APC, GDI Transport Chopper, MRLS, GDI Medium Tank, and the Mammoth Tank
Posted Image

Here are Orca's, Mammoth Tanks, and Allied Demolisher Artillery's (old Tank Destroyer voxels)
Posted Image

Now let's explain the things yo usee in the screens.

Tank Destroyer
Cost: $1500
Requires: War Factory, Battle Lab
Launches 3 extremely deadly shells that can nearly destroy Grizzly's in 1 shot. Shoots 3 shells per time. Heavy armor, slow speed, and a short range.

Shotgun Trooper
Cost: $400
Requires: Barracks
Short range but deadly against any infantry unlucky enough to cross its path.

Sidewinder
Takes over the Anti-Tank role of the GGI. Can't fire out aircraft but is good against vehicles and buildings.

GGI
This unit has undergone some changes that change the whole purpose of the unit, that's why it is in this list. As you all know, Flak Troopers are great against infantry and aircraft, wile Tesla Troopers handle the anti-tank job. Well, the Sidewinder is now the counterpart to the Tesla Trooper while the GGI is the counterpart to the Flak Trooper now. Undeployed the GGI has a heavy machine gun (the same as the GI has deployed), so it is good against infantry (that machine gun of the GI is BTW also changed so a group of them now doesn't own Apocalypse Tank's like it's nothing, same changes goes for Initiate's and Conscripts). When deployed, it has AA missiles that can only be fired against aircraft. Now it's really a guardian instead of attacking unit.

APC (well maybe more like a Humvee but whatever)
Cost: $500
Requires: War Factory
Can transport 5 infantry and has a light MG (that one of the War Miner actually), just because the IFV isn't really a transport unit if you ask me.

GDI Transport Chopper
Cost: $1200
Requires: War Factory, Aircraft Command HQ
Just a Nighthawk with some changes. It can transport 5 units that can fire out. Before you start screaming "ZOMG FLYING BATTLEFORTRESS CHEAP CHEAP BBQ (don't we all love a barbeque)!" It is very lightly armored, and you can't target manually where your units have to fire. Oh well, it sounds imbalanced but it really isn't.

MRLS
There are 3 artillery's per side, 1 at each tech level (I just love artillery's). This one is probaly a bit overpowered at the moment but that will change, it fires rockets at a very high rate and over very large ranges (12 or 15 cells if I remember correct). It is like the old Prism Tank (now it has far more armor, and a larger range). It can't fire at aircraft tough.

GDI Medium Tank
Cost: $800 (I think, Grizzly costs $700 and Rhino $900 right?)
Exactly in between the Grizzly and Rhino. Damage, speed, ROF, armor, etc, all exactly in between the GRizzly and Rhino.

Mammoth Tank
Cost: $2000
Bye bye Apocalypse, hello Mammoth Tank. Just a tad better then the Apocalypse Tank tough, it's AA missiles are a bit better and it has a bit more armor but that's it. I think the Apoc is better with it's $250 less cost but I always thought Soviets and such where better then Allies and such.

The price and the required structures can always change so...I jsut wanted to say this mod was alive, and I'm to bored to also post this in the unit topic.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#2 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

Those voxels need edit, but have a look at some page in Resources list in editing forum.
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#3 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

Guess where I got those voxels from...
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#4 Aro

Aro

Alcohol Fueled

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:Twisted Insurrection, TS: UMP, Evolution
  •  Beer Prophet
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Staff / News Poster

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

The only voxel I like in those pictures is the Orca. All of the other voxels have actually got too much detail on them to appear good looking in the game. They look pixelated, and the coloring looks garbage.
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

Why would GDI have the Guardian GI?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 MCV

MCV

title available

• Hosted
  • 737 posts
  • Projects:Uh... I'm writing a NGE/GitS/Lain/Snow Crash crossover fanfic?
  •  Decipherer of Paradox' legal talk.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

This is need my speed. He disregards the norms.
Posted Image

#7 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:13 PM

Lol. :) Well OmegaBolt that would be because the GDI units are actually owned by the Allies at the moment. Same for Nod and Soviets. :shiftee:

I know the voxels are not quite good (sorry Daz) but I will look into that after the sides are done. Dunno if I can make them better tough so...Maybe I should just learn it. :p

#8 tarzan000

tarzan000
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

Hi guys, this mod is still alive...Well, my father reinstalled the computer and deleted a map called 'Back Up don't delete' where my Red Renegade files where in but whatever, I still had the voxels. Now, I decided I didn't like to switch between normal YR and my mod so I just combined them. This will mean some things of Renegade will not be in this mod. What you can expect from this mod:

-All or nearly all Renegade vehicles and aircraft
-Maybe some ships from Renegade if I can balance it out
-A few Renegade infantry (Shotgun Trooper, Flamethrower, Chemical Trooper, and maybe some new hero's)
-Allies (with GDI tech), Soviets (with Nod tech), and Yuri (with some added things to balance it out)
-New powers (paradrop, airstrike, etc)
-New upgrades (weapon upgrades, power upgrade, etc)
-Changed units to balance it out
-Some new units that doesn't have anything to do with Renegade
-MAYBE a completely new and fictional fourth side if I can be bothered to but that won't happen until everything else except the campaign is done
-MAYBE a campaign if I can be bothered to but that won't happen in a long time

That's all I gues...Well, for all your GDI fans here are a few screenies showing GDI units and other new units:

Here we see the new Tank Destroyer voxel (oh it owns, really, I would say they are overpowered but altough great against tanks it sucks against anything else), the Shotgun Trooper, Sidewinder, APC, GDI Transport Chopper, MRLS, GDI Medium Tank, and the Mammoth Tank
Posted Image

Here are Orca's, Mammoth Tanks, and Allied Demolisher Artillery's (old Tank Destroyer voxels)
Posted Image

Now let's explain the things yo usee in the screens.

Tank Destroyer
Cost: $1500
Launches 3 extremely deadly shells that can nearly destroy Grizzly's in 1 shot. Shoots 3 shells per time. Heavy armor, slow speed, and a short range.

Shotgun Trooper
Short range but deadly against any infantry unlucky enough to cross its path.

Sidewinder
Takes over the Anti-Tank role of the GGI. Can't fire out aircraft but is good against vehicles and buildings.

GGI
This unit has undergone some changes that change the whole purpose of the unit, that's why it is in this list. As you all know, Flak Troopers are great against infantry and aircraft, wile Tesla Troopers handle the anti-tank job. Well, the Sidewinder is now the counterpart to the Tesla Trooper while the GGI is the counterpart to the Flak Trooper now. Undeployed the GGI has a heavy machine gun (the same as the GI has deployed), so it is good against infantry (that machine gun of the GI is BTW also changed so a group of them now doesn't own Apocalypse Tank's like it's nothing, same changes goes for Initiate's and Conscripts). When deployed, it has AA missiles that can only be fired against aircraft. Now it's really a guardian instead of attacking unit.

APC (well maybe more like a Humvee but whatever)
Cost: $500
Can transport 5 infantry and has a light MG (that one of the War Miner actually), just because the IFV isn't really a transport unit if you ask me.

GDI Transport Chopper
Just a Nighthawk with some changes. It can transport 5 units that can fire out. Before you start screaming "ZOMG FLYING BATTLEFORTRESS CHEAP CHEAP BBQ (don't we all love a barbeque)!" It is very lightly armored, and you can't target manually where your units have to fire. Oh well, it sounds imbalanced but it really isn't.

MRLS
There are 3 artillery's per side, 1 at each tech level (I just love artillery's). This one is probaly a bit overpowered at the moment but that will change, it fires rockets at a very high rate and over very large ranges (12 or 15 cells if I remember correct). It is like the old Prism Tank (now it has far more armor, and a larger range). It can't fire at aircraft tough.

GDI Medium Tank
Cost: $800 (I think, Grizzly costs $700 and Rhino $900 right?)
Exactly in between the Grizzly and Rhino. Damage, speed, ROF, armor, etc, all exactly in between the GRizzly and Rhino.

Mammoth Tank
Cost: $2000
Bye bye Apocalypse, hello Mammoth Tank. Just a tad better then the Apocalypse Tank tough, it's AA missiles are a bit better and it has a bit more armor but that's it. I think the Apoc is better with it's $250 less cost but I always thought Soviets and such where better then Allies and such.

The price and the required structures can always change so...I jsut wanted to say this mod was alive, and I'm to bored to also post this in the unit topic.

teşeküür

#9 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

What does that mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users