Photo

Units

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_Saki_*

Guest_Saki_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

Didn't a large number of Dagger mobilize and destroyed in the defense of Heaven's Base? I hated that scene, the largest base of the Alliance being destroyed because of lack of superior models, why didn't they mobilize more updated models and G models.

#102 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

Or better yet, why did zaft win after we visually see them loose 70-80% of their attack strength. It just dosent happen in war...

I beleive that the windam performance wise would win against the Dagger 105, but armour wise the 105 wins out as its laminate armor is superior to even the phaseshift used by the gundams. Especially in Destiny when almost all mobilesuits use beam weapons over kinetic energy weapons.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#103 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

Well. The windam might be faster. But i dont see anymore advantages other than that. The 105 is anti-beam, it looks like it has superior construction so hand to hand it would probably serve the windam some serious smack down, and has anti-personnel guns. It just screams to me 'mass-produced gundam'.

Although, saying the windam is faster begs the question of why then the slaughter dagger? Its primary attribute is maneuverability and speed. Why isnt the phantom pain unit in stargazer using windams?
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#104 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:03 AM

because the slaughter dagger uses the aile pack, which has an extreamly high output.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#105 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:48 AM

Yes, Infinity is right by any way the Alliance should have never lost that Battle. They had the advantage point and the ZAFT Forces was completely out powered. By means the 105 Dagger have a superior protection because of the laminated armor, but weak in armaments because of it's machine gun, in the other hand the Windam has a superior weaponry because of its beam rifle, stilleto anti-armor penetrator, and its Wurger missiles in its shield, but weaker protection.

"For the preservation of a blue and pure world!"

Posted Image

#106 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:30 AM

I never believed that the 105 dagger truly had only a machine gun for a standard weapon, especially when morgan cheveliar's unit used a beam rifle even though it isnt part of the dragoon pack.

How hard is it to issue beam rifles over machine guns?

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#107 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:46 AM

The 105 Dagger standard armament was a machine gun, but because Morgan was an elite pilot he used a beam rifle of a Strike Dagger for his mobile unit. But the ordinary Dagger only have a machine gun, which later was improve in the Slaughter Dagger it now carries a beam machine gun with the same frame of the original machine gun used by the 105 Dagger. Having a machine gun as an armament makes it weak because it can not penetrate to PS Armors, while the Windam's larger beam rifle is stronger and could easily damage an PS Armored unit. Even in the toy introduced by Bandai the 105 Dagger was carrying a machine gun as an armament.

By the way Infinity how's Gundam Legacy going along? Are you ready to deploy a Beta Version?

Edited by Lord Djibril, 17 February 2008 - 06:19 AM.

Posted Image

#108 royalpain88

royalpain88
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:20 AM

I don't believe anyone ever mentioned the BuCoe. My favorite Mobile Suit in SEED. Besides Strike Gundam.

#109 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

Bcue is i think, on every single submitted plan for units, as well as in infinity's head.

#110 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:05 AM

Do guys think, there should at least three different ending of the game? It would make it better, one OMNI Enforcer being victorious, one for ZAFT, and the last the real one the story line of the Cosmic Era. Example would be Djibril was successful in destroying all PLANTS using the Requiem then facing the Messiah as final battle, while for ZAFT they were able to stop the Three Ship Alliance Forces in stopping them. What do you think guys?

Posted Image

#111 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:45 AM

Seems a bit too complicated for our current plans.

Also, let's just focus on the main storyline we're working on right now withough any side-tracks. this is gonna take a long time as it is already.
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#112 royalpain88

royalpain88
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:17 AM

I agree.

#113 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:29 AM

The mod will already focus on the mod's original story. I think to keep things uncomplicated, the main storyline will end the same in any event.

I heard a little fan-love for djibril there....i didnt think it existed....haha

#114 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

Well Djibril did a better job compared to Azrael, he at least was able to destroy some of the PLANTS and those blasted Coordinators, hehehe... As he "For the preservation of a blue and pure world". May be they could change the story after all major priorities are done, for if you notice all RTS of Star Wars have different ending, where each side could win, this could be applied in Gundam Legacy.

Posted Image

#115 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

I think djibril was a prick. No offense. Hm.

Actually i think almost all the major omni ppl except those who eventually turned terminal or otherwise became 'non-affiliated' (eg mu) were pricks.

#116 TeaMaster

TeaMaster
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

They rushed it with Destiny abit didn't want to sacrfice many characters

Edited by TeaMaster, 18 February 2008 - 06:38 PM.

#117 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

May be they could change the story after all major priorities are done, for if you notice all RTS of Star Wars have different ending, where each side could win, this could be applied in Gundam Legacy.

I was thinking that too, but it's best to get the main story done and out of the way, then think up the Alternate endings :) .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#118 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

None taken, though without the OMNI Enforcers especially Djibril, then the story of Seed Destiny would be nothing. Though I still can't believe how they lost with ZAFT, they had the superior number and technologically can coupe up with ZAFT or might even say better.

*Sorry I'm just a pro-OMNI Logos, besides I am a Natural hehehe...

Edited by Lord Djibril, 19 February 2008 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image

#119 royalpain88

royalpain88
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:24 PM

Good grief people. We're here to talk about units, not the different groups. Speaking of units, I remember ep.16, the first encountered with the Desert Tiger, the resistance was using half-tracks and in the background as they're advancing, you'll see a half-track with a massive gatling gun.

#120 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

I think we already have missile buggies, though half-tracks arnt a bad idea.

Gattling half-tracks, good for infantry. Although the question remains, are we even using infantry in this game? I know that Both Omni and Zaft uses some infantry but only to storm buildings and stuff. so are we actually having infantry in this mod?
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users