Units

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#161 royalpain88

royalpain88
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

I won't argue for that is not the reason of this topic. We are talking about suggestions. Unless, that huge cannon on Iceland can be made to bombard ships in orbit. This brings up another interesting question. What of maps? What will they be like?

#162 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:38 AM

Well you gotta have some trumpcard at your own main base.

Zaft had that super fortress with the Genesis imbeded.

Like I was saying, Zaft have things that will fight on earth because that's their ideal battleground. they'd rather not have EAF get back to space. you get what im saying?

When you conqure other countries, you tend to build your defense line in those terrortories, because you dont want the battles to be taking in your own land. but you do build some defenses there just in case.

EAF has tons of ships, sea-based ships, that cannot do anything in space, does that help you?
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#163 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Yes, each faction has their own special trump cards to counter act each other. How about the Nibelung Anti-Air Cannon can be used in the Galactic Conquest when ZAFT tries to invade a "planet", then the Nibelung will obliterate all descent forces like what happened in Iceland. While for ZAFT they could just use their EMP drop pods such as what happened in the Panama Spaceport. In space ZAFT can use their mighty Messiah Fortress to incinerate any force facing it easily using the NeoGenesis like the Death Star. For the Requiem of the Alliance it could be stationed at the Moon and be requiring large amount of power to fire. Super weapons could be added to spice the game up, and make the game much difficult.

"For the preservation of a blue and pure world!"

Posted Image

#164 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Ive seen alot of mods horribly unbalanced thanks to superweapons.

First few versions of zeroz's mod for eaw had both the dsII and eclipse buildable. Result is, the empire player can jump in with both, effectively giving himself two capital ship buster superlasers. Target one on the base, target the second on the next biggest threat. Since the cooldown is 30secs, the enemy gets pretty sparse pretty fast. 60 secs in the planet's blown up.

Not saying that we shouldnt have superweapons...but i do view them with some doubt.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#165 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:07 AM

Hmm I just got a great idea for the Requiem. you can build the turning point links, but you will have to move each one to a location connecting the moon base to the location you want to fire at. in the meanwhile these parts will move Very very slowly. Enemies can destroy these parts in a space battle, and where you have these parts you cannot build a space station.

Also, is it possible for ground units to go into space for a battle? I mean like ground based mobile suit squads being launched into space. what I mean is that is it possible in the EAW engine?
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#166 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:14 AM

yea it is.

Well, atleast it should be.

like the Stormtroopers in space are in a transport, you could just make the untis in space fight worse than on land, but have the models of hte units and all.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#167 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

Nice nice.

But what I mean is, if the enemy has forces in the space above you, can you still bring troops up into space? Since we're doing Gundam stuff the MS will still be able to fight, just wondering.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#168 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

yea, you could do that in EAW

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#169 Lord Djibril

Lord Djibril
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

Yeah that could be a good idea on the Requiem's Panels, it must be protected and movable but the Requiem stays only at the Moon. While the Messiah in the other hand could be like the Death Star that moves to one place to another. The Nibelung I said before may not be considered as a super weapon for it can only be used when enemy forces tries to land. The Gondwana super carrier of ZAFT could even be considered as a mobile fortress because of its size and carrying capacity. Possibly both factions have their flag ship or to be considered as the head, Minerva for the ZAFT, Arcangel or Girty Lue for OMNI Enforcer, these units offer special bonus armor and power when in a battle.

"For the preservation of a blue and pure world!"

Posted Image

#170 Guest_Kennon M_*

Guest_Kennon M_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

how about special expensives from another series like ZZ Gundam, Sazabi, F91, etc?

#171 royalpain88

royalpain88
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

We're talking about Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users