• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

((This battle takes place in ships. Be creative with your RPing, as you can not confront people as easily. There can be bording other ships.))

King Dunrain looked out over his fleet fom the head of his ship The Voyager. The ships filled the seas. But up ahead, he could see the orc ships, looming on the horizon. He called to his watchman at the top of the mast: "How much longer till they get here?"
The watchman answered:
"One hour my lord"
He was ready for the attack

Edited by Beleg, 19 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#2 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:05 AM

Zhibain shivered as the cold ocean breeze cut through his thick coat, and he squinted as the steely blue sky started to drizzle. He felt excited to be aboard a ship again, feeling the salt spray across his face. He was newly made the captain of the newest ship in the dwarves' navy, and he had christened it Sea Hammer. While it was one of the slower ships, it was the most heavily armed, and had the latest technology. It was the only ship in the dwarven navy to have decks capable of carrying a trebuchet, two large catapults, five large ballistas, and ten small ones. It was very wide, to allow for the catapults' recoil and for an immense crew.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

The sea breeze blew across Sharakk's face. This was the last time he had been in a boat since he went in the fishing boat with his father. It brought back memories, including the burning village and scorched bodies of his parents, that filled him with rage. The sea could not calm him, and he knew that he would soon be able to release his anger on the dwarf fleet they were pursuing. We destroyed many of the ships with those fire arrows, but they still equal in size with our fleet. This will be a hard fight. He grabbed a bow from the equipment stash on the boat. It may be a coward's weapon, but it would be foolish to not take this with me. He stared at the dwarven sails, ready for the battle to come.
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 mumak king

mumak king
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:25 AM

azoga had been injured badly in the fight by the wall. but now he had recovered he had been ordered to fight on commander(or captain cant remember) sharaks ship it was a great honor, and azoga was ready to fight he had repaired his armor and sharpened his sword he was ready for battle!!

(oh i think ecthelions ship is a little too strong when you remember dwarfs werent good seafarers and not even a elven or human ship could have all those weapons overboard)

Edited by mumak king, 20 January 2008 - 10:27 AM.

#5 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

((A little too strong? After you've researched ships for two years you can talk to me about it. Also, if you notice, I mentioned the fact that it was:
  • One of the slowest ships in the navy.
  • Very wide.
  • And if you still thinks it's too strong, I'll change it so it is not very nimble.
))
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

((Sounds like a showdown to me :good: ))

King Dunrain looked at the ensunig ships. The numbers were even. Though most dwarves were not known for their prowess on the sea, these dwarves were trained to fight on the open seas. Some, including the King, even loved the sea. He called to the watcher:
"How long now"
The watcher yelled:
"30 minutes, my lord"
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#7 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

Despite the fact that it was slower than the other ships, it was much better for fighting in heavy weather, which was what appeared to be coming over the horizon, in great black banks of clouds. Zhibain paced down the deck toward where the lookout was climbing, exhausted, from his perch at the head of the mainmast. He ran his hand over the butt of one of his five foot long short ballistae, and flicked a speck of dust off of the massive, fifteen foot trebuchet's spotlessly polished wood. he glanced down into the hold to see that his crew was not having any trouble bringing up the pieces of his ten foot tall catapults. The lookout reported breathlessly:
"The enemy fleet is in sight, Sir! Their numbers are around the same as our own, and there is no ship that looks like it could be a flagship."
Zhibain laughed deeply, crying, "Then we will meet them! The cowards even fear to send their flagship to be at the mercy of our weapons!"
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

The dwarven King shouted: "Hold you fire"
The cry echoed from ship to ship as it made its way across the fleet.
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#9 Guest_jimmyman, although to lazy_*

Guest_jimmyman, although to lazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:24 AM

Burly rubbed his freshly splinted leg. It still hurt from the fall from the tree, then being dragged to the orc encampment. He thought back to the pleasure he had gotten from spitting in the orc leader's face. He reached back and grabbed his recently strung bow. He had to get used to firing with a tight string again. He looked at the green armor covering the wood, and knew he had made the right choice in deciding to come on the ship. He grabbed his spear and left it in his cabin. He was on the Sea Hammer, Zhibain's ship. He surveyed the oncoming enemy, and prayed they wouldn't overrun the ship with their fatser less armored ships. He glanced at the balistae crew he was commanding, and felt the queasiness of sea travel. Although he was acustomed to the cold, he was never used to sea travel, being as there was no lakes in the northern ice caps. He looked out at the orcish ships again. "I'll never fergive ye fer what you did to my family....ye devils." He looked over at his crew and caled over the second in comand. "Oi, you there, i need ye to watch them fer me, i have something....to do." He walked over to a covered row boat, and looked at it. He strung and arrow and jumped in the boat. He looked up and let the arrow fly, and it caught the ropes that held the boat, dropping it. "Nows fer my side of the fight."

#10 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

the reason the enemy didn't see the flagship was because that the flagship and a small fleet of ships wanted to come in later. Many of the hidden fleet were actually extremely small fast boats with about 5 orc on them but they were loaded with explosives. Nar watched his fleet from the flagship hoping the Ballista would be able to stand up to the dwarven navy. Orc kind were not built for long drawn out wars. We were made for quick, lethal attacks.

Edited by The Best Guest, 23 January 2008 - 10:21 PM.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#11 LordEcthelion

LordEcthelion
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

((@TBG How do you know that the dwarves can't see the flagship? were you talking to them?))
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

(because he's saying 'the reason the enemy didn't see the flagship was because that' to explain why he's saying it, I guess :thumbsupsmiley:. But TBG, it wasn't good to just blurt out our main plan to everyone :popcorn:)
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

(but technically as the dwarf were not listening then they can not knoow our plan :rolleyes: ) (NOW GET TO RPing :p )
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#14 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

((Who said I wasn't listening :rolleyes: ))
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#15 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:46 AM

((Enough stalling))

The King yelled:
"FIRE!"
He then blew a blast on his horn
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#16 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:46 AM

((finally...))
Burly heard the blast of the horn from far out in the sea. He turned and looked out of the canvas still covering the boat. He saw the orc ships, closing now. "Now i will get my revenge."
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#17 mumak king

mumak king
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

azoga took a bow from a rack near him [i] this will be usefull before we get to the real fighting[i] then with all of his power he drew the bows string back and released the arrow the arrow flew long and true and peirced the armor of a dwarf on the closest enemy vessel bringing his battle to a end

Edited by mumak king, 27 January 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#18 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

Sharakk let his first arrow loose, watching it fly across the sky and strike a dwarf in the shoulder. He fired another arrow, this one hitting a dwarf in the chest. Man, you barely get any of the satisfaction of a kill with this thing! He prepared to raid the closest dwarven ship, throwing his bow onto his back and drawing Chaos. The blade gleamed in the sunlight, ready to claim its first victim.

Edited by Eldarion25, 27 January 2008 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

Burly looked up and saw two arrows fly from a deck. He was surprised that the ships were moving this fast. He looked at his poor gear, and figured he would try one way up the side of the ship. Tying a knife around his wrist, he tested it against the side of the ship. It didn't hold. He was saddened that his voyage was for nothing. He turned around and lay down in the boat and looked over-to see a grappling hook lying there. He didn't care how sneaky it was. he turned and pulled back the cover of the boat and looked up. He saw the orc boat had caught his in its wake and was slowly carrying him. He turned and threw the grappling hook over the edge, and climbed up rapidly. He turned and looked to see a Dwarf boat coming in rapidly for an orc boarding party. He jumped over the lip of the ship into a startled orc's arms. He pulled free his orcish dagger and drove it into the creature's chest, then turned to swiftly chop down another. As he looked around he heard a bellow. "Dwarf! You have made too many mistakes!" "Well come 'ere and get yer deserved share lad!" He turned to see an orc charging him and a dozen arrows aimed in his direction. "Hmm, no odds...sounds good to me!", and he charged to meet the orc. He had just taken a step when he heard an exclaimed roar, and a sound of crashing prows. He looked back and noticed the orcish boat's prow going through the Dwarfsh one, and the orcs turning their attention to jump onto the opposing boat's deck, as with the Dwarves.
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#20 mumak king

mumak king
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

as the two ships were going to hit azoga heard a roar at the back of the ship a dwarf had attacked the ship from behind as azoga was gona charge the boats crashed into each other unlike the other orcs azoga still charged the dwarf using his big sword as a cleaver he hit the dwarf but the dwarf dodged just by a second and hit azoga in the leg azoga fell down and was lying on the deck of the ship then he shouted "my batlle wont end like this again" and swinged his sword scarring the dwarfs forehead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users