• 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

Is there any replays of Remix 3?

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

Not unless anybody has upload them, no one can be bothered to upload a replay after every battle.

If you want to check out content, have a look in the screenshots area.

Edited by olli, 20 January 2008 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 soho

soho
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

I know content.I'm playing remix.Just curious about replays because i didn't see replay section.

#4 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:49 PM

If you want to see the Insanee AI Obliterate me and two of my buddies, I'm sure digging up a replay is not hard to do. For a good one though, your out of luck.

#5 soho

soho
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Post replays.I've liked too see.

#6 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Public Humilation is far worse than making one person dis-happy with the lack of a section. Play the game, then you'd see all you want of the mod...

#7 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:22 AM

well, i'll start the ball rolling by submitting my own replay. this is me using SW against insane robots in a 1 v 1 match. feel free to comment so i can perfect my tatics. but don be too harsh...

http://hosted.filefr...om/morsematten/
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

#8 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

Us testers can't post replys because it might show of something that the public does not have clearance to see yet :p
So if anyone wants to post replys feel free and if a tester does make sure it only shows what the public has seen... (until pend says otherwise)
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

Us testers can't post replys because it might show of something that the public does not have clearance to see yet :p
So if anyone wants to post replys feel free and if a tester does make sure it only shows what the public has seen... (until pend says otherwise)

Oh God.....
We aren't working on the project team for the next generation of Fast Jet fighter plane or super soldier!

Morsematten, the link isn't working. It was broken when I clicked it.

Edited by olli, 07 February 2008 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#10 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

Olli, I belived both of those teams let the cat out of the bag before it was released. So, that is ... a very bad thing to compare too.

And yes, There is some materail that isn't public yet. If we release a replay in replay format, they'd have to have the files to actually watch the damned things. Or if its a recording of it, then you'd see everything that isn't in the current release, but also wasn't exactly specified as new. Which, lets the cat out of the bag.

#11 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Know your facts before you open your mouth. If you post a replay with an incorrect version, it will just have heaps of incorrect actions and generally the whole game will not playback as it happened. There is nothing to worry about, it just means that all the replays to be posted by mod team are to be of the public version, that's all.

#12 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:07 AM

erm, the link is working. maybe you can tell me another site where i can upload the replay?

#13 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Olli, I belived both of those teams let the cat out of the bag before it was released. So, that is ... a very bad thing to compare too.

Well, What I meant was that he is elevating the status of it way to much so that it sounds like a top secret or classified project!
Posted Image

#14 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

... It isn't?

#15 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

Know your facts before you open your mouth. If you post a replay with an incorrect version, it will just have heaps of incorrect actions and generally the whole game will not playback as it happened. There is nothing to worry about, it just means that all the replays to be posted by mod team are to be of the public version, that's all.

How about GTFO, a replay dose not necessarily mean replay some people may find it easier to make a video using fraps so they can edit it, so i knew what i was talking about even if you don't so get with the program and stop thinking your high a mighty dumbass. (yes i could not help but put that last bit in, just in that kinda mood lol) *take it as a joke or not i don't care.*
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#16 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

How about GTFO, a replay dose not necessarily mean replay some people may find it easier to make a video using fraps so they can edit it, so i knew what i was talking about even if you don't so get with the program and stop thinking your high a mighty dumbass. (yes i could not help but put that last bit in, just in that kinda mood lol) *take it as a joke or not i don't care.*

Replay = a .rep file, which is an entire game stored in a file and can only be played back by Zero Hour (and ALL the appropriate additions, i.e. mods).
Video = a game recorded using Fraps or similar screen capture software.

A replay is useful if you want to learn off other players, or spot imbalances. A video is useful for showing off a selected amount of content in a presentable manner. I'd think that Mr. Soho here is wanting some replays to learn; to see how other people play the game and what strategies they use.

Learn2Terminology.

Just for laughs:

a replay dose not necessarily mean replay

Edited by Alias, 09 February 2008 - 10:39 PM.

#17 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

The whole replay does not always mean replay is because videos do not general have to be to show things off, some people like to cuts things out to show just the tactics (ie: cut out the boring building bit) so that person could still learn from another player that way. Also sometimes people may not be on a computer with generals but could be surfing the forums and might feel like watching it while browsing.

I know what a reply is all I'm saying is a replay does not generally mean it has to be a replay from the game, a video can easily be classed as a replay just easier to watch from the net or desktop.

But meh whatever... and wtf do people watch replays? lol I would rather play the game and have fun than watch a game someone played, Hell if you suck at the game then the whole point of playing it is to learn and get better anyways.
Posted Image

#18 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

dudes, am i the only one posting replays? i think watching replay's fun, can learn. my thoughts anyway. nobody has seen my replay? i think its a good one, but i need comments to improve my gameplay...

#19 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

(ie: cut out the boring building bit)

This "boring build bit" is also integral to playing the game. Such as we can't help someone who's posted a reply in which they've build barracks before power if we can't see their build order, can we?

Build orders are a very useful learning tool.

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

notably, I have to say its not always a mistake to build a barraks first. The question it raises is "Just how agressive do you intend to be?" If you really expect heavy combat within the first 60 seconds of game (be it giving or taking) you may want that extra 8 seconds of build time for infantry...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users