#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

its time to bring up Russia again. not that i really need to make a new thread about it, but i figured i could make a thread name which was better.

We must not cave in to the spookocracy in the Kremlin

Paranoia about the outside world suits Russia's rulers, even though they personally know better. They tell their people that Britain and the West have designs on the Motherland, even as they send their children to British public schools and universities. Paranoia about foreign plots gives them an excuse to hinder contact between ordinary Russians and foreigners who carry the contagion of democracy.

British Council trouble

Mr Miliband argued that cultural exchange between the two countries was a good thing and that the council's work was "completely legal" and Britain would defend its staff's integrity. And he said the only losers, should the offices shut, would be the Russian people and the reputation of the Russian government.

The British Council, which aims to promote cultural and educational ties, has been accused of violating Russian tax rules.

i really have to say Russian officials looks like a bunch of mobsters when they start using underhand tactics to stop the British council. it has not been one of their brighter moments and i would dare to say that its a sign of how things will be in the future. Russia is quickly turning into a mafia-run state where rules are to be bent and broken for the greater good.

hopefully this is a phase that will end within the next 4-8 years, when the physical comforts of the Russians have gotten high enough for their liberty-comforts to come into the picture.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users