Modders may have spent months or years making an modification to suit their gameplay and style. Ripping anything be it graphics or code will
1) spoil your own gameplay balance and probably cause I.E., gameplay problems
2) be an insult to that persons time and energy in creating there mod.
You must ask for permission to use anything which is not avaliable for public modification.
All modifications are subject to this rule unless it has been
1) deemed OPEN SOURCE
2) avaliable on an asset site e.g. YR Argentina
1) Ask permission if not avaliable to public
2) Always credit the correct authors.
If you intend to use this mod for private use only then this is acceptable but you will be unable to recieve any coding help regarding your own modifications. Any attempt to request help will simply result in warning, deletion of post Revora does not support copy and paste modding.
Finally anyone caught doing an rip intended for public release will result in an automatic ban, no warnings, zero tolerance.
Edited by Allied General, 21 January 2008 - 12:20 PM.