• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 niflhell

niflhell
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

My will to mod starts here:

I played with the original game LOTR II - in a LAN game. After that, all my best hero's gained experience signs (i.e., I try to translate from my language, "god of war", "Demons shredder" etc...) were disappeared!! My hero had thousands of enemies killed and many signs before that LAN game... NO trace of all these after that fucking LAN game! My hero has become a war newbie as me for modding lotr ;) .

Now I'd like to try to mod the original game files (*.big?) to add again all that numbers and war experience signs to my hero.

Anyone could help me? I dont know anything about modding lotr...So please be patient with a kiddie :good:

niflhell at hotmail.com

thanx all!

#2 Dwar the wolf

Dwar the wolf
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

do you mean awards for cah or about lotr.str ?

#3 niflhell

niflhell
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

do you mean awards for cah or about lotr.str ?

Right! With "experience war signs" I dumbly wanted to mean AWARDS! I'd like to know how to have them back from nowhere :good: ...

#4 niflhell

niflhell
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

Sorry, I tried reading a lot of posts in this forum, and I realize that modding is...WOW! :thumbsupsmiley:
I dont wanna disturb anyone.
If it exists a way to edit the awards of an hero -that I lost after a lan game-, I coulndt find it in this forum...So excuse me if I return back to ask some help.
Thans
PS: dont forget I am totally new to this world...

#5 niflhell

niflhell
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Last intervention:

I saw this forums too:
http://www.ea.com/of...s/community.jsp
http://www.gamerepla...p?showforum=847

many and many people had my same problem! The hero stats that are resetted after multiplayer game!

So to hack these fking stats seems to be the only solution...But how?

#6 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

I've never done it, nor am i at all interested in the awards. But i suggest you find out in which file they are stored (my guess is somewhere in the 'MyBattleForMiddleEarth'-folder) and then use a hex-editor to adjust the numbers in there. It could be really easy or near impossible, depending on how easy it is to read (translate) the file.

Edit: Okay i was bored and curious, here is how you do it...

Go here
CaH.jpg

You see that i marked two files with the same coding sequence. The first one contains the awards (2DA7066287E24841B43E4E47), the second one contains the actual CaH (MyHero_2DA7066287E24841B43E4E47.cah). The code sequence itself is generated when you first create the hero, but i imagine you could create any hero by hand with the contents in the file, if you edit the files correctly. Either way, first, you must find out which hero you want to manipulate. For that, go through all the files containing CaH's (they start with MyHero_....cah) and look for the items and stuff in a hex editor. Hopefully you understand what they mean.

I opened 'MyHero_2DA7066287E24841B43E4E47.cah' as an example:
CaHHex.jpg
Looking at the picture, you see that this particular CaH uses the following CommandButtons (and the corresponding abilities):
  • Command_CreateAHero_ShieldCrush_Level1
  • Command_CreateAHeroLeadership
  • Command_CreateAHero_HotW_SummonAllies_Level1
  • Command_CreateAHero_HotW_SummonAllies_Level2
  • Command_CreateAHero_ShieldCrush_Level3
  • Command_CreateAHero_SpecialAbilityBladeMaster
  • Command_CreateAHero_Invulnerability_Level1
  • Command_CreateAHero_HotW_SummonAllies_Level3
  • Command_CreateAHero_Invulnerability_Level2
  • Command_CreateAHero_Invulnerability_Level3
This should make it really easy to identify the correct CaH. (Edit:Hah, i didn't look too closely. You can see the name of the CaH on the top line: 'Custamir'. :thumbsupsmiley: So this should be really easy. :crazed:)

Now, assuming this was the correct hero ('MyHero_2DA7066287E24841B43E4E47.cah') i opened, i need to adjust the file with the name '2DA7066287E24841B43E4E47'.

In a simple text-editor, it looks like this:
CaHStats.jpg
Obviously, it just tells what stuff the CaH has killed. If certain kill-variables are high enough, you will see the hero having a specific Award when you are in-game. As you can see, this CaH hasn't seen much action and therefore will have no awards. Of course, you don't see all the kill-variables here, so you will have to add a few. The complete list (because i am so nice) contains the following variables:
BALROGS_KILLED CREEPS_KILLED DRAKES_KILLED DROGOTHS_KILLED DWARF_INFANTRY_KILLED ELF_INFANTRY_KILLED ENEMIES_KILLED EVERY_WOTR_MAP_WON FELL_BEASTS_KILLED GIANTS_KILLED GOBLIN_INFANTRY_KILLED HEROS_KILLED HERO_VICTORY_COUNT_STRATIGIC ISENGARD_INFANTRY_KILLED HERO_DEFEAT_COUNT_STRATIGIC KILLED_ARAGORN_COUNT KILLED_ARWEN_COUNT KILLED_BARROW_WIGHTS_COUNT KILLED_BOROMIR_COUNT KILLED_DAIN_COUNT DROGOTHS_KILLED KILLED_ELROND_COUNT KILLED_EOMER_COUNT KILLED_EOWYN_COUNT KILLED_FARAMIR_COUNT KILLED_FRODO_COUNT KILLED_GANDALF_COUNT KILLED_GIMLI_COUNT KILLED_GLOIN_COUNT KILLED_GLORFINDEL_COUNT KILLED_GORKIL_THE_GOBLIN_KING_COUNT KILLED_HALDIR_COUNT KILLED_LEGOLAS_COUNT KILLED_LURTZ_COUNT KILLED_MERRY_COUNT KILLED_MOUTH_OF_SAURON_COUNT KILLED_NAZGUL_COUNT KILLED_PIPPIN_COUNT KILLED_SAM_COUNT KILLED_SARUMAN_COUNT KILLED_SHARKU_COUNT KILLED_SHELOB_COUNT KILLED_THEODEN_COUNT KILLED_THRANDUIL_COUNT KILLED_TREEBEARD_COUNT KILLED_WITCH_KING_COUNT KILLED_WORMTONGUE_COUNT MEN_OF_THE_WEST_INFANTRY_KILLED MORDOR_INFANTRY_KILLED MP_CREATE_A_HEROES_KILLED MP_KEEPS_DESTROYED MUMAKILS_KILLED SHIPS_KILLED HERO_VICTORY_COUNT_OPENPLAY_MP SPIDERLINGS_KILLED SUMMONED_DRAGONS_KILLED TROLLS_KILLED WARGS_KILLED WYRMS_KILLED HERO_DEFEAT_COUNT_STRATIGIC_MP HERO_VICTORY_COUNT_STRATIGIC_MP HERO_DEFEAT_COUNT_SKIRMISH HERO_VICTORY_COUNT_SKIRMISH HERO_DEFEAT_COUNT_OPENPLAY_MP
This list is copy-paste from the file 'data\ini\createaherosystemcommonstatsandawards.inc', in case you are wondering.
You could just add to the file '2DA7066287E24841B43E4E47' (or whichever CaH you are editing) a line like this:
MUMAKILS_KILLED = 150

... then it would look like this:
ENEMIES_KILLED = 171
HEROS_KILLED = 1
ISENGARD_INFANTRY_KILLED = 14
MP_CREATE_A_HEROES_KILLED = 1
MUMAKILS_KILLED = 150
Note: you need to adjust 'ENEMIES_KILLED' to the total, so i added 150 there as well. There might be more variables that get an increase in it's count if another more specific one is increased but i won't bother to check. You'll have to check yourself.

Either way, give this a try. I am not sure it will work because i never tried and probably never will. Tell me how you fare on the way.

One tip. The folder where you find the CaH-files is usually hidden by the windows system. You will need to go to the folder settings (via any open folder, it's the top right function) and set the 'hidden' folders to visible.

Good luck.

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 23 January 2008 - 01:54 AM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#7 niflhell

niflhell
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:10 AM

:shiftee: MANY MANY THANX!!

It has been easy to try, even for me.
And it did function, all the stats are editable, so that awards can return back to dad.
I tell you the truth: the awards disappearing pissed me a lot for because of a think I did:
"maybe when I'll have conquered all the awards, some kind of bonus could come for my hero" :evgr: ... I've hope this, as in certain games happens.

However, as you probably well know, nothing happens even with all the awards.

That's all, your explaination has been great.
Thankx again :unsure:

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users