Photo

ok there is no tutorial help on the net, why?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 hors113

hors113
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:32 AM

yeah, i understand people like to steal, cheat, lie, and generally make everything in life and virtual life a taxed commodity, but come on.

so what's up with world builder? how do you open the maps from battle of middle earth I?

All i see is a list of .tga files without the .map files for the game maps. where do you import the item objects? is there a simple or basic tutorial somewhere? come on, someone type in a few of these SIMPLE ANSWERS and we have something. stop stealing and sealing everything from water + air to hard drive space and computer memory.

#2 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

WTF are you on about?!

To open up the official maps, go to the BFME Program Files, open up Maps.big and extract the files to your BFME Application Data and then open them in WB.

There are several WB tutorials on the main T3A Site
Posted Image

#3 hors113

hors113
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

WTF are you on about?!

To open up the official maps, go to the BFME Program Files, open up Maps.big and extract the files to your BFME Application Data and then open them in WB.

There are several WB tutorials on the main T3A Site

dude, if you haven't noticed, every link everywhere is dead. the EA official forum is a troll pit of waste. the online game room are the same. wasted. it's a bunch of jerks. Even on this forum, the pinned topic has dead links. the only thing you can find is people asking 'where can i find info' and people either laughing about it or more dead links. that's just wasted jerks.

and look at your info you provided?

useless and pompous. i swear you people are shot. do you know you can not open a big file unless you have a program to open them??? i bet you knew that, but guess what??? SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T ...... DOESN'T!!!!!!!!

jesus christ. ok, now in the time it took me to watch 'revenge of the drunken master' i have found some answers. (e hem, before wonder boy's super helpful info.)

yes, i have found out that you need to DOWNLOAD something called, finalbig. google it and you should find it. with this program, you can open .big files. once you do that, you can extract the files into a folder. I would not take wonder boy's advice. I would sugguest you extract them into a folder where you can tweek em out and not have them where they will be detected and run while game is up.

Ok, so i haven't spent too much time investigating but now at least there is some useful information for people like me who know nothing.

something else i figured out, cause the crappy world builder was designed to be unfriendly. was to set the 'camera' where you can actually see the map in a 'sane' way, top view. click on view and select the 'show from top view'.

to me, that's the 1st thing you would want to know. no one wants to tell you that. it's a big secret. (bunch of as$holes.) you can also move the screen by right click and dragging the map.

yes i know very little. someone should really post link to a tutorial. (hopefully a working link.)
how shot are these people?? gee, i bet the mod going to delete this thread. even the most tiny bit of information. lol. i mean, can there be even less information out there? soon people realize these kids have no penis and every will point n click.

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

A link you obviously haven't read yet.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

What a rude, sad person you are....

Every link in the Worldbuilder tutorials/articles I posted on the T3A site is active. Although I doubt you even checked.

If you didn't know about FinalBig, you just need to ask or, like you said, do a search for it. It's a widely known about program so finding info about it shouldnt be hard. Admittedly I should have mentioned it in my post, I usually do when answering that question, but there is absolutely no need to rant about it, just ask nicely and someone will reply.

I presume I'm "Boy Wonder". Well, actually you should take my advice. It is easier to load maps in WB if they are in BFME's Application Data.

And although worldbuilder isn't the most intuitive program around, working out how to move around isn't hard. You use hold-right-click-and-move in the game so it's natural the same will happen in WB. How else do you expect it to work?

The camera view: where could you change the camera VIEW? possible under the VIEW menu. Again, it's simple and common-sense. However it's perfectly acceptable to ask about it, however you decided to go on a needless rant.

Read Sul's link and in future use some common sense and manners, else people will just stop trying to help you because we don't like having our help thrown back in our faces.
Posted Image

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

yeah, i understand people like to steal, cheat, lie, and generally make everything in life and virtual life a taxed commodity, but come on.

so what's up with world builder? how do you open the maps from battle of middle earth I?

All i see is a list of .tga files without the .map files for the game maps. where do you import the item objects? is there a simple or basic tutorial somewhere? come on, someone type in a few of these SIMPLE ANSWERS and we have something. stop stealing and sealing everything from water + air to hard drive space and computer memory.

You REBEL!

Oh my, the system really GOT YOU THERE EH?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#7 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

I'd just like to point out to you that practically everything you seem to want to know about WB can be found by holding one's mouse over the various buttons in the toolbar and waiting for the elusive tooltip to pop up... that's how most people find the place object button...

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#8 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

Complain about us all you want. The end of the matter is that you are a lazy ass who wants everything presented to him on a plate. Put some effort into stuff yourself!
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#9 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

You know what's funny? I really believe the internet community wouldn't be half as enjoyable without all those accidential stand-up comedians like this one. It's like a sitcom, you get to see all those kinds of stereotypes you thought would never exist in real life because they are so far fetched. It is somewhat mean, but I think it is a big part of the fun/humour in the virtual life, that you laugh because you see so many weird people.
And the best thing is that it happens so naturally surprisingly. It's not going to happen when you expect it (which is also a fine thing at times), but this is real "natural" surprise comedy. I wouldn't want to miss that in the internet. Honestly.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#10 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

What a rude, sad person you are....

Every link in the Worldbuilder tutorials/articles I posted on the T3A site is active. Although I doubt you even checked.

If you didn't know about FinalBig, you just need to ask or, like you said, do a search for it. It's a widely known about program so finding info about it shouldnt be hard. Admittedly I should have mentioned it in my post, I usually do when answering that question, but there is absolutely no need to rant about it, just ask nicely and someone will reply.

I presume I'm "Boy Wonder". Well, actually you should take my advice. It is easier to load maps in WB if they are in BFME's Application Data.

And although worldbuilder isn't the most intuitive program around, working out how to move around isn't hard. You use hold-right-click-and-move in the game so it's natural the same will happen in WB. How else do you expect it to work?

The camera view: where could you change the camera VIEW? possible under the VIEW menu. Again, it's simple and common-sense. However it's perfectly acceptable to ask about it, however you decided to go on a needless rant.

Read Sul's link and in future use some common sense and manners, else people will just stop trying to help you because we don't like having our help thrown back in our faces.

@ noob

jesus ffs m@tt was only trying to help next time he shouldn't even consider to help you.

use your blind eyes and look at the threads you arrogant rude little piece of ****

this is so easy to follow. i don't see the difficulty.

T3A Link

These are good tutorials i don't see how they don't help your severe issues with WB.

Edited by elvenfury, 22 January 2008 - 05:13 PM.

#11 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

Way to ruin it Elvenfury!

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#12 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

Way to ruin it Elvenfury!

There's always one in the group :thumbsupsmiley:
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 lacrossman930

lacrossman930

Lacrosse is the gift of God! 0-----]::::::::::::>

• Project Team
  • 257 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mapper/ Istari Productions mapper/Realm Forger/Inheritence mod mapper
  •  Mapper,map.ini,modeling,leaning skinning

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:28 AM

My Dear Sir.

Welcome to The3rdage online community :thumbsupsmiley:

I think what your problem is is that youve looked in some places and found a lot of dead links (yeah some of the ones here are dead as well) but you didnt even bother to look in the most obdvious place of all EAS MAIN WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!

In which you can find a PAGE WITH MANY TUTORIALS!!!! or even if you are that "pompus" as you have so called one of the communitys leading mappers to look not in the forums of this site WORLD BUILDER ARTICLES SECTION!!!!

you say people these days are shot no my friend its the people like YOU that dont even read the things MOST OBDVIOUS and right UNDER THER NOSES that are SHOT and "pompous"

good luck and good night,
{IP}lacrossman930
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

I understand the frustration of those who have chosen to find thier answers elsewhere first before coming here. He simply is a person who has just found this place.

As long as he's lead to the answers he seeks, he'll find some sort of comfort. When he asks more questions, we answer. At some point he'll stop being frustrated and realise he's found the place he was looking for. The holy grail of BFME modding.

The "One Place" with no dead links and a bustling community to help him along. No need to be angry my friend hors113. You found T3A. :crazed:

Take a deep breathe, look around, and ask questions at your leisure. We can't answer right away or all the time but there is peace knowing you're at THE PLACE to be for modding BFME. :unsure:

We are EA approved place for your questions. :thumbsupsmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users