Photo

When will we be allowed to eat what we want?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:33 AM

Ash's post is the most bigotted, opinionated stuff I've seen for a long time.

Milk causes cancer. You don't think so, huh. One of the most common forms of breast cancer is estrogen related. Guess what contains enormous amounts of estrogen? Cow milk. Why? Because they pump the cows full of growth hormones and the cow lactates when its pregnant. Go ask an oncologist before you mouth off. The other place you find high concentrations of estrogen is in cow meat. By the way, if you're a guy, its probably giving you man boobs too.

Pus and blood in your milk doesn't bother you? Well I'd expect so as eating the rotting dead carcase of dead animal doesn't either.

Finally we have all that usual bilge about it being natural to eat meat. If you think its so natural, I suggest you strip naked (nothing natural about clothes you know) wander into the nearest forest and see how well equiped you are to catch an animal, rip its flesh off and then digest the uncooked meat. Natural, hah!

Apart from all the harm it does to those who consume it, meat production also has facilitated the rapid transformation of animal to human viruses like swine flu an avian flu. Its waste products run off into our water supplies. It takes 10 times as much vegetable protien to produce one oz of animal protien. And an incredible amount of energy is wasted in producing just a single cow. Many of the unhealty evils are caused by factory farming - as is the cruelty involved.

If you curbed your appetite for meat, the animals would be happier, our environment cleaner and - you would be healthier!

#22 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

If you curbed your appetite for meat, the animals would be happier, our environment cleaner and - you would be healthier!

Posted Image
My boy... you have PETA written all over your grave...

Edited by {IP}Pasidon, 30 May 2009 - 02:41 AM.

#23 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

OMG YOU ALL HAVE NO SOUL! THINK OF THE POOR ANIMALS!

Well, vegetables áre good for you.

I have some very simple rules on food. PETA may not approve and you may not approve, but it's worked for me so far. Let's see how many of you follow suit.
1. It's not real food unless it's been brutally murdered.
2. If it's green, don't eat it. (lettuce, celery, bacon, et. al.)
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#24 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

Yea. And ff we stop killin', then I bet you animal rights lovers would love the new world. Do you like your precious dollar? Well in the new world, you'll need 5000 of them to buy a bead. Animals are happy and filled with rainbow blood, but your people will suffer, rebel, and go broke because a lot of economy is based around the slaughter houses.

#25 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

That is a massive consideration, actually. If everyone stops eating meat (heaven forbid - carnivore born and raised), the entire meat industry will shut down. Cows will set free from the slaughterhouses and fields and we'll just have a bunch of cows wandering around. It'll be like India, with cows sat on train lines. It'll be just like every autumn when the wrong kind of leaves fall on the tracks and all the trains stop. We'll also have marauding packs of sheep, furious legions of rabbits, chickens with a score to settle, ducks hungry for blood, pigs plotting our downfall, fish sinking ships for the sake of their fallen brethren.... What other animals do we commonly eat?

Guest dude, whoever you are, you are mistaken. This may be partially correct, I don't really know:

Milk causes cancer. You don't think so, huh. One of the most common forms of breast cancer is estrogen related. Guess what contains enormous amounts of estrogen? Cow milk. Why? Because they pump the cows full of growth hormones and the cow lactates when its pregnant. Go ask an oncologist before you mouth off. The other place you find high concentrations of estrogen is in cow meat. By the way, if you're a guy, its probably giving you man boobs too.

But stopping drinking milk isn't going to help anyone. I normally drink two or three pints of milk a day. On cereal, in tea, or just as milk. I have done for years. Yet where are my man-boobs? Where's my oestrogen? And where's my cancer? Oh wait, none of them are real. You know who else has yet to encounter any of these problems? My dad, from whom I learned most of my habits.

I always find it hilarious when someone doesn't realise what a hypocrite they're being.

Ash's post is the most bigotted, opinionated stuff I've seen for a long time.

Ash's post, eh? You may wish to re-read what you wrote. In case you can't be arsed, let me sum up for you: MEAT IS MURDER, YOU ALL SUCK. We're all very glad you contributed here.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#26 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:29 PM

Oh my. One day, people will think for themselves, and all will be well.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#27 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'd like to point out that "Ask your mommy how many animals she killed to make her fur coat" is not actually a question. That's certainly giving them a lot of credibility among the Grammar Nazis (namely, me).

Oh, and using a "cute and harmless" bunny as an example isn't going to build sympathy among gardeners. Most vegetarians probably don't grow their own vegetables... otherwise they'd be killing those little pests. They've killed our family's raspberry bushes for the past two years, and ate our garden down to stumps. The only plant they didn't touch was the tomatoes... and I don't really like tomatoes anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and why would your mommy waste a perfectly good dress just to kill bunnies in with a butcher knife? Strangulation is easier.

Edited by ithilienranger732, 01 June 2009 - 12:20 AM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#28 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:10 AM

Uhhh... was a... joke... picture there... Ranger... Not meant to be taken logically in anyway. But the point is that PETA wants people to be seen as monsters who ruin their 1940's dresses with rabbit blood. You dirty PETA, we're now ashamed of our selfs and you made Ranger sociologically confused!

#29 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

(whiny bitch ranting)

Person too cowardly to register posting controversial opinions in this thread.

#30 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

@ Pasidon: Did you actually think I was serious? :p

#31 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

(whiny bitch ranting)

Person too cowardly to register posting controversial opinions in this thread.

It's a one-off post. I doubt we'll ever see that guest again. Probably found the thread through a google search and decided to stir the pot. Not the first time I've seen that though... I once had some religious wingnut actually REGISTER on my boards to post about how abortion was evil.

Yeah.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#32 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

It's good comic relief, though.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#33 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

I personally think Pasidon's picture was better comic relief, but the post was a close second.

#34 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

PETA are the people who petitioned Timothy McVeigh and his jailer to have him eat a vegan meal as his last meal. The warden said it was Tim's choice, and Tim said he didn't see any problems with eating meat, despite having some sympathies with PETA.

He had two pints of chocolate chip cookie dough for a last meal. Two. Not vegan, but also not meat.

They praised him for choosing a vegetarian last meal. They praised a man who BLEW UP 168 innocent people, just because he didn't happen to eat any meat in his final meal. They gave a crap about what he ate. They spent money on postage to beg him not to eat meat.

That is some kind of fucked up symbolic victory. Actual legitimate entities like the Humane Society, or the ASPCA work to help animals in suffering. PETA is all about making movie stars feel good about their consumerism because they eat tofu.

Fuck PETA. Fuck vegans with holier-than-thou attitudes. I'm gonna go snap into a slim jim!
Being a total douche.

#35 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

Finally we have all that usual bilge about it being natural to eat meat. If you think its so natural, I suggest you strip naked (nothing natural about clothes you know) wander into the nearest forest and see how well equiped you are to catch an animal, rip its flesh off and then digest the uncooked meat. Natural, hah!

:) You're a fucktard. We were given the ability to reason and improvise for a goddamn reason. How do you think we survived back before guns and shit? We made weaponry out of the nearest object, be that a piece of flint, or a stick, that gets sharpened (and if a piece of flint, is stuck onto a stick.) and used in battle. Think before you post retarded bullshit like that.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#36 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:50 AM

We evolved to hunt in different ways. Vegan protesters like our good friend Mr/Miss Guest, have not evolved. As such they don't have the mental capacity to use logic, intelligence or common sense regarding the issues we're discussing.
Posted Image

#37 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

You know what I just realised? We may preach tolerance and liberty, but as soon as someone comes in here with a dissenting opinion, we're all up in his business like he's the bastard son of Hitler and Myra Hindley. Honestly, I'm not sure whether everyone disagrees with Guest dude's sentiment or we just wanted a verbal punching bag because nobody here a lot wants to risk being hated by saying vegetarianism is actually a good thing. Think, for a moment: if Dark Lord of the Sith or Mastermind had stopped by and made that post, I know a certain few of you would have treated them exactly the same, but the bandwagon would have rather fewer latecomers, I feel.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#38 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

I think I could say I would still say something if they had posted the same exact thing.
I don't mind vegans, it's just when they do so for moral reasons and shove that down everyone's throat.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#39 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~ John Stuart Mill

#40 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

You know what I just realised? We may preach tolerance and liberty, but as soon as someone comes in here with a dissenting opinion, we're all up in his business like he's the bastard son of Hitler and Myra Hindley.

Courtesy of our one and only hyperbolic turd they call TLC...

Everything from TV's to salmon gives you cancer. FACT. That is if you are a Daily Mail reader, but start stockpiling, because the cancer apocalypse is coming. And you know who will be riding at the head of it? Darkies. That's right.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users