but overall very nice...

Chaos Gas

#22 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

Oh and about the Bunkers too, why is it in the house section? It should be appropriate if you put it in armory section......

Sorry, I didn't notice your post, but as far as I know it wasn't here before, it was that I was looking at you profile ( :) ), otherwise I probaly would have noticed it later. And sorry again, because I don't quite get what you're talking about, so sorry, sorry. ;)

cool :shiftee:

looks good, i like it, those yuri tanks look good, and the new veterancy things are cool

wow man, if i had seen these before i would have commented, poor nms, you must have felt so alone and unloved :p
but that is good work,

with the recolored stuff, will you be changing that later?, or do you plan on keeping it as just recolored other units?

Again didn't notice this post too. I'm sure these 2 weren't there before, because I always look through the whole topic...Strange...But whatever, thanks thanks thanks, yes I was actually crying (actually not but you don't need to know that ;) ). Again thanks thanks thanks, and for you question, I don't know, but there is a huge change I'm going to atleast change some of those recolored things. But for now, I just want the mod to be done so you, or actually we, can all enjoy it. And sorry for not seeing you post, but I swear it wasn't here before.
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#23 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

The Slayers have reinforced their airforce by 1 of the most dangerous planes in this game, the Bio Bomber. Sounds scary? Not really? Looks scary? Definiatly not. But IS it scary? Yes! It drops viral balls that are great against buildings, but seem to be not very effective against units. However, the viral balls leave a large field of radiation that will seriously damage any unit unlucky enough to be into it. But there is more! This scary bombers are carpet bombers! Meaning they can decimate a whole area! Lucky, this monsters cost $2000 a pieche, are very lightly armored, and not too fast, altough definiatly not slow.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#24 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:32 AM

cool

i think that you should make nod have different basic infantry, it would make them better, as none of the RA2 infatry were the same for both teams(dogs at least has a recolour)

even if you just change the blue on them to black...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:52 AM

That green MININUKE is familiar a little bit....

Posted Image

Err... Forget it...

Do you have a Tesla Bomber unit?!

Edited by Darknessvolt, 28 February 2008 - 11:04 AM.

#26 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

Well Russia gets some sort of Tesla Plane, but I didn't plan it to be a Tesla Bomber, more like a ranged flying Tesla Coil (yes I found a horizontal Tesla Coil voxel). And BTW, all countries will gt 4 (!!!) unique things. Maybe a bit too much, but if all goes as planned, Russia will for instance have Tesla Tank's, Nicola Coil's (Nicola Tesla, we have Tesla Coil's so why not Nicola Coil's), Tesla Aircraft (I don't have a name for it yet), and Advanced Tesla Reactor's. First I wanted them to have some sort of advanced Tesla Trooper to replace the Tesla Trooper, but as the Tesla Trooper is already good against infantry and vehicles, the advanced Tesla Trooper would require a Radar Tower because it would be too good for just Barracks tech, and then it's prupose as anti-tank infantry would be defeated because of it's Radar Tower requirement. But I might give each faction a special support power too, as it was planned GDI would get a A-10 Strike and Nod a Missile Bombardement power, thus might aswell give the other factions something...

What do you mean with changing the Nod basic infantry? They have Rifle Troopers and Rocket Soldiers instead of Conscripts and Tesla Trooper's, and they will get more in the future.

And BTW, The Loyalists will get some sort of Genetic Mutator that will reform the minds of the victims (all infantry) to attack their own (chaos effect). And the Slayers will get a Radiation Missile, like the Nuclear Missile but more radiation, and less damage.

And BTW, the Slayers are finished, their hero unit, that upgrades itself by killing others (like the Slave Gunner). When trained it is maybe a bit weak, and has low strenght and armor in comparison with other hero units, but when fully upgraded (it has 3 stages), it is even better then a Grand Cannon! However, it has 1 big weakness, as you probaly know, nearly everything of the Slayers spawns radiation, and the Slayer (this hero) too. However, the Slayer (this hero) is not immune for radiation!

Wait, I forgot the screen! Sorry for the very long delay, but it was such a fun game. :alien:
Posted Image

As a side note, Cloning Vats are only for the Slayers, but you can build 5 of them! And they also have Grinders as the only faction!

Edited by need my speed, 28 February 2008 - 01:08 PM.

#27 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

Well nice one :shiftee: ! Tesla technology powered a bit.. :xcahik_:

One more thing, if you agree to replace SLAVE MINER into YURI REFINERY it would be better because it's sooo imbalanced... Example: Snipers kill your slaves that means it cannot generate money :alien: ....

(No offense about that! :thumbsupsmiley: )

#28 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

Well, the Slayers have Slave Miners, and the Loyalists have a Refinery with Psychic Sheilded Harvesters (PSH, they are cloaked and fast, but carry very little ore). About that offense, you are only suggesting something, not ordering me to do it because otherwise you burn my house (my parents house) down or something, so none taken. :alien:

#29 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:30 AM

The replacement has began! Yes, GDI is getting better voxels, sorry Daz, but yours where to pixelated (or whatever the word is). So, look:

Mammoth Tank, yes, it is of C&C3, but it looks great I think, made by raminator. The Medium Tank. I've recolored it, but its original version was made by again raminator! First I wanted to use the Raider Tank on YR Argentinia but I don't know why but I don't think it fits. And the Humvee, a very nice voxel made by Godwin.

Posted Image

And also, on my hunt, I found a new Quad Cannon (and cameo, refered at the screenshot to as sticker (hey, those guys don't know they are in a game)) made by TX138:

Posted Image

More to come!

#30 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

Medium Tanks and APC are little bit cartoony..... ;)

Oh yeah and the Quad Cannon looks good but shapy! ;)

#31 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

Now you say it, yes that's probaly true. But they are nice, so they'll probaly stay, or do you think they are bad (just a question)? ;)

#32 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

by nod having different basic infantry, i mean, that the GDI infantry and the nod one look exactly the same, you should change the look of them

and im confused now, are you making allies into GDI? does that mean you are making soviets Nod? also, the quad cannon should be a tank i think, in generals its on a truck as GLA are terrorists, so they just plonked the quad on the back of a truck, but the soviets have tanks and stuff, so you should have quad tank, not quad truck

just my opinion

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#33 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:58 AM

Lol, I'll mount it on some sort of Apocalypse Tank chasis. :thumbsdownsmiley: But yeah, I'll look into that right away. As for the infantry, ok, the recolor is on the way. Expect a screen in the next minutes. :p

#34 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

It took longer then I tought, sorry for that. But I couldn't get the new Apocalypse Tank in game, it took me 4 tries. :thumbsdownsmiley: And I am celebrating (I guess that is the right word) my birthday today so I was recieving presents, and I had to eat, and to go under the douche etc. Whatever, here are the 4 units, in the spotlights! Yes, I did mount the Quad Cannon on the Apocalypse chasis. :p And, the Nod Rifle Trooper is a bit more black, while the GDI Rifle Soldier has a Alliedish skin. Recoloring it to brown GDI'ish maked the unit look like a square like the Grenadier / Disc Thrower.

Posted Image

#35 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

Quad Tank's/Cannon's turret should be facing the sky... :thumbsdownsmiley:

#36 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

But then it can't hit infantry, so it's one way or the other...And as the voxel came with the cannon facing the sky...But perhaps I'll adjust it and make it a super powerful anti-air only vehicle. Yes, I'll do that probaly.

#37 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I was sick 2 weeks (and then we had holiday), so I need to do lots of repetitions (if that is English) and such, so I really needed to learn much...And there are still like 7 I need to do so...But I already have done the other 3 or 4 I believe, and tommorow I have 3 repetitions at once, so...Anyway, I'm presenting you: President Dugan!

Commander! We managed to create a way to make our forces every better. It involves 'editing' the brains of our soldiers with advanced sonic technology or something like that Einstein told me, but don't tell that in public, they might think we are as inhuman as Yuri or the Soviets...All of our countries have a modified version of this upgrade:

Posted Image

America can promote their units to elite (right, the Armory is removed).
Korea can heal and repair their units.
Great-Britain can speed up their forces' movement.
French can incraese the armor of their units.
Germany can incraese the damage dealt by their units.

We didn't tell the GDI about this, we feat they will think we are as inhuman as Nod, who has joined the Soviets and wants to mutate everyone and spread the world with tiberium or such...But the GDI already has an A-10 Strike so they won't need it anyway. Oh, Einstein currently tried out the 'Promotion' power that promotes units to elite, look at the results:

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

I know it's hard to believe this actually worked, but look at the timer of the Chronosphere of some mind controlled Allied forces who tried to destroy the base where the experiment was done...

#38 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

Looking nice . :ph34r:
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#39 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

looks nice...also where do you have that tank in the eight post?

#40 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

The 8th post is the second one with the paradrops right? Wich tank do you mean than? I think the Radiation Tank or Laser Tank...The Radiation Tank is the basic tank of the Slayers and is seen on the first screen. The Laser Tank is that tank on a few screens further with a big (not that big) cannon, it is on raminator's site I believe. It is also the basic tank of the Loyalists.

Some information, the Soviets get the so called '1 click wonder powers', Cuba gets a Missile Strike that deals low damage but can cover a big area (good against units), Lybia can detonate some hidden explosives, they cover a very small area but are highly effective (good against buildings, and small groups of units). Iraq can drop a bomb that radiates a very very very large part of the battlefield, thus great against units but totally not efefctive against buildings or units immune to radiation. Russia can launch 10 V3 rockets, they are absolutely great against anything, but remember, V3 rockets can be shot down. However, without anti-air defense, this power can destroy or seriously damage anything (I don't know if 10 V3 rockets can destroy a Construction Yard, probaly not, and seeing as every building excluding defense structures gets double the armor)...Yuri gets some more tactical weapons, not support, and not 1 click wonders. By tactical I mean like, the Loyalists can mind control any unit, but only 1, with their power. The Slayers can spawn a neutral superior mutation that has very much strenght, and it will attack the closest target, thus with good microing you can lead the mutation to the one that created it. :)
However, this is just what is most likely to happen. :ph34r:

Oh, and forgot to tell you, but the Grinder is for the Slayers and the Cloning Vats for the Loyalists, and I think that I decreased the build limit of it to 2, to make it a bit more balanced...Now what money sparing structure the Allies will get? I think an advanced barracks that makes all infantry 50% cheaper or such will work...Or maybe the same for aircraft but that is a bit pointless, who builds 12455555225442 Aircraft COmmand HQ's and planes?

Edited by need my speed, 06 March 2008 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users