#101 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:07 PM

The heros will be changed a bit with this subfaction rejig we're doing, which should solve the problem of too many heros.

The subfaction you choose will allow you to purchase heros from your subfaction for a normal cost, and heros from other subfactions for a raised cost and buildtime. This will make you favour the heros from your own subfaction, and also give the impression of them travelling a long way, as the elven kingdoms are very split up.
You can purchase a fortress power that decreases the cost of heros in general, or create an alliance using the fortress beacon with another subfaction. This reduces cost and buildtime of the chosen subfaction to normal.

So the heros will be split as follows:

Lothlorien: - Haldir, Celeborn and Galadriel
Rivendell - Elrond, Arwen and Glorfindel
Mirkwood - Thranduil, Legolas and a new hero that has not yet been added.

Elohir and Ellandan will be moved to the inn system.
Sam will probably be avaliable for all the subfactions for the same price, regardless of which you choose.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#102 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

i hope only elfs are going to be seperated into factions ( i think its unique for tham, as the 3 mage tipes ). For example i dont know what could be subfactions for gondor ( Gondor main race, subf. Ithilien, Southern Fiefdoms, Minihiriath, ? )

well i hope you wont subfactionate other races :rolleyes:
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#103 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

there are currently no plans (that i have been made aware of) to split any of the other factions. we are trying to represent the distinctiveness of each of the elven kingdoms (lothlorien, mirkwood, rivendell) and the distinctiveness of the two MoTE kingdoms (harad, rhun). none of the other factions are really split like these two are.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  •  2D Art

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

Indeed. Dwarves are the only other faction that could possibly benefit from this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#105 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

Well, after way too much work and 20+ models with bunch of different fx, the Lothlorien fortress/expansions are ready to show off. (I'm still working on the build-ups which I'll show later.)

So here goes:

Basic Fortress No upgrades/Expansions
Posted Image Posted Image

Unit Spawn Door opens and they come down the stairs. Still have work to fine tune, but the basics are there
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Arrow Tower Expansions Basic tower expansion

Dormitory Expansions Garrison your Troops

Light of Earendil Star Expansion Warn when troops are near and cause terror into the hearts of your enemies

Light FX

Siege Expansions Three choices available, one for each of the elements is available.

Halls of Celeborn Upgrade 2nd level of the fortress, extending sight and allowing the purchase of the other Elven sub-faction heroes

Lights of Lothlorien Upgrade Add Lanterns to the fortress as well as expansions. Leadership for units near the fortress.

Healers of Lorien Upgrade Enables the Healer Expansion structure. Build a level 5 Elven healer that acts like a mini-well that heals both units and structures as well as having a mini-heal power

Guardians of Lorien Enlists Galadhrim warriors to defend the fortress and the arrow/dormitory expansions

Leaves of Lorien Upgrade Armor upgrade for the fortress, transforming the fortress and expansions into Mallorn trees in full golden bloom. Also the pre-requisite for Mellyrn Grove Upgrade.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Mellyrn Grove Ultimate upgrade for Lothlorien. Summons a Mellyrn grove that hides nearby units and Lothlorien structurees. Also functions as a weak well healing units inside.

Fully Upgraded Fortress A few shots of the fortress, with some of them at night

And some videos to check out:
Hero Spawn
Guardians of Lorien
Mellyrn Grove
Air Siege Attack - with Impact FX
Fire Siege Attack
Water Siege Attack

All right. I think that covers all bases. You'll notices a few things that still need to be fixed (i.e. bibs, statue fx for Healers, spawn pathing fine tuning, etc), but I'm really happy with how everything turned out. I've put quite a bit of work in this over the past couple weeks and I hope you all enjoy it and look forward to messing around with it in game. Feel free to ask any questions on anything.

Robert J.

EDIT: Credits for those parts other than EA or me:
- Shikari for helping out on the Mallorn upgrade texture
- Rob38 - his re-mapped elven warriors as the guardians
- Edain Mod - basic model for the siege unit expansion piece

Edited by robnkarla, 17 March 2008 - 01:56 AM.

#106 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:01 AM

There's also Elrond and Celeborn's proposed skins. Would they still get armour at a certain level (like Celeborn does now) or would they just be in their civilian robes all the way through level 10? Or, perhaps, will purchasable/power upgrades be avaliable to make them have armour? To be honest, I dislike both of their new skins. The old ones are a little rusty looking, yes, but I think that Celeborn just needs his level 4 stuff to level 1 and Elrond's stuff needs a facelift. Also, when will the new upgrades in Rob's prior post (the one above mine) be implemented?

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 17 March 2008 - 03:05 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#107 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:11 AM

The goal is for all Elves to gain an upgrade similar to Gondor with a spellbook power "Resolve of the Firstborn". My thinking behind this is more along the thinking that the Elves in the War of the Ring were not set to do battle. Many were leaving for the West and therefore not ready/willing to do battle with Men again.

The power would then be like throwing down the gauntlets and entering battle, thus all of their leaders would armor themselves and head into battle. (Thus it could affect the heroes at level 1 or Level 10). Only Elves and Gondor I think should have a power similar to this - Gondor to bring the feeling of BFME1 with Gandalf and Aragorn, and the Elves to follow their story and feeling of their faction in joining battle. The only reason why some of the elves are armored at level 4 is due to not having the rest of the heroes done. (We're talking 9 skin to work on, and I'm sure I'll drive EHL, Shikari, and others crazy if I push too hard).

The changes are in my working copy. I'll be passing it off to the Beta team in a few weeks and hopefully I can work through more. I'm going as fast as I can, but for those who are new and don't know I have a full-time+ job as well as a wife and three children under 8 so modding is just a hobby. I try to do as much as I can, and doing the mod has been fantastic, but I might not be the fastest at it.

Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 17 March 2008 - 03:15 AM.

#108 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:21 AM

wow, that fortress is looking pretty shmexy! lol
the air siege impact fx might be a bit much; im kinda worried about lag it might cause.
umm, is there going to be a distinction between the 3 elements of the noledhel (sp)? i was thinking that you could have a sort of damage/splash trade off; the air would do the least damage but have the most splash, the fire would be opposite the air, and the water would fit right in between the other 2.

that elven power sounds pretty sweet, but how would it upgrade the heros other than changing their skins?
oooo, im excited bout that new update that we could get! i love updates!

Edited by Dalf32, 17 March 2008 - 03:23 AM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#109 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:02 AM

Yes, each of the siege weapons is unique. The air has the strongest meta impact and largest radius, but does less direct damage. The Fire does strong localized damaged as well as igniting a good-sized area. The water does less damage, but is more importantly a utility. It does no damage to allies and puts out fires.

The idea for their powers when combined - Water will mix for some utility powers and support, fire and air will be for damage and destruction.

Robert J.

#110 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  •  2D Art

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:39 AM

Well, I think everyone one will agree, this looks incredible. I wanna say thanks to Rob, because I know how much work has gone into this thing (even getting these screens up here has been a mammoth task ;)). I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so complex or beautiful in BFME, so well done :rolleyes:

I think this should go in a news post as well, so that more people see it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 HOLY_RAVEN

HOLY_RAVEN
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Projects:my life

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

this is very nice

Edited by HOLY_RAVEN, 17 March 2008 - 11:01 AM.

#112 HOLY_RAVEN

HOLY_RAVEN
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Projects:my life

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

i think you can add some titan effect, woods,desert and ice like power titan land and wood only around the buildings. add new upgrade for all fortress to take some other effect for soldiers and buildings .if you play warcraft frozen throne you see a effect around all undeads buildings(but in that game this effect give no bonus .

1-gondor and arnor take all soldiers near the buildings 20%speed
2-elves all building an all soldiers become invisible
3-rohan's soldiers and mote's soldiers never take fear (disable sun effect and nazgule's ability for every unit around the this building
4-mordor and goblin take a new titan land all speed movement of enemy become -20%
5-angmar have ice all allied force take 10%speed and damage
6-isenguard take dust land all enemy in this area take -20% armor
7-Dwarves all units and heros take 2x recharge ability speed.

i am sorry if i have some problem in my words it is hard for me for speak English

#113 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:02 PM

O.M.G. that fortress looks amazing :O it's so cool :O i like it a lot :O

haha i want to play with it in game :rolleyes:

#114 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

RJ RotWK is becoming the top mod in my favourites list :rolleyes: This is unbelieveable!

#115 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

wery wery WERY beautifull, and wery cool looking too, i must say you are modeling magician, indeed.
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#116 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

"wery" isn't a word.. :rolleyes:
Anyway, EXCELLENT job on what you've accomplished, both Rj himself and your team.
Once I get a better computer, am definetely getting BFMEII - and RotWK, lol.
One last thing..thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, for removing the original, anorexic, evil-bow-wielding Mirkwood Archers and replacing them with what they should have been - and now are!
Cheers,
-mike

#117 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Really impressive! :rolleyes:
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#118 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

Someone wire my jaw back into place please, I seem to have dropped it on the floor. haha
Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#119 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

I wish some form of Beta could be released now... I am more excited than the day I first touched my RotWK box! But Rob is right... rushing leads to crazy modders with less than expected quality creations. I did modding on another game and when I got like 20-60 e-mails a day about stuff not getting done, I got ticked.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#120 Shinobi.

Shinobi.
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

Yeh i think im the same as Dalmp that is mind blowing

I really think that is the best thing ive seen in a mod so far and cannot wait for the new beta with this in going to be so good

Nice work Rob :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users