#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

I have great news for RJ-RotWK this week. I finally got my copies of the German mags PC Games and PC Action, both of which did small write-ups for the mod and the mod is also available on the PC Games cover dvd. To view the write-up check them out below:

Posted Image Posted Image

Allathar has been gracious enough to translate both items.

PC Games:
"The Battle for Middle-Earth 2: The Rise of the Witch-King: RJ RotWK
If you think while playing, that the game misses the atmosphere from the Battle for Middle-earth 1 in it's sequel and the add-on the Rise of the Witch-King, then install the mod RJ RotWK. Modder RJ added three new factions to the game, makes the camera move freely and adds an exciting new campaign. It tells the story of the familiar from Battle for Middle-Earth 1 War of the Ring, but this time in a non-linear and dynamic version. It doesn't keep it that strict to the movies and the books, however. If you want to call at Helm's Deep Dwarven reinforcements, you're free to do that. RJ RotWK adds a fresh new gameplay and gives the Battle for Middle-Earth 2 the feeling, the players expected from it's prequel. "

PC Action:
"The War of the Ring isn’t over yet. A new campaign with many changes is waiting.
RJ Rise of the Witch-King
Many players felt The Battle for Middle-Earth lacked in atmosphere compared to it’s prequel. The expansion Rise of the Witch-King didn’t change that. The straight scenario with the journey of the Dark anti-hero (the Witch-King), made modder RJ decide to make big changes in EA’s strategy-game. RJ Rise of the Wtich-King brings exciting new campaigns, which remind of the Battle for Middle-Earth 1. The campaigns are linear which build up some good atmosphere. Where in the base-game only heroes could reach the tenth level, in this mod all units can reach it. If you thought there weren’t enough factions in the game, enjoy the three new ones. The Men of the West are splitted into Rohan and Gondor, and also Mordor is made into two factions. The faction of Arnor brings the last new faction. As special item RJ added a new campaign-modus. In the Living Campaign you start with the Fellowship and move them through familiar locations from the books and movies. However, now you have the option in example Helm’s Deep to defeat the orcs at with Elven or Dwarves reinforcements. As you can see in the screenshots, you move the camera in RJ-RotWK freely, which adds much to the gameplay. I recommend all fans of the Lord of the Rings to play this mod!

The Battle for Middle-Earth 2: RJ Rise of the Witch-King
Game: BfME2+expansion
Rating: Excellent"

Thank you to all who have contributed to the mod and it's great to see it across other mediums. Everything is overwhelmingly appreciated. So often lately I've gotten pms/e-mails from all over the world on how RJ is being user from single-player, on-line, and especially LAN parties. Thank you to everyone.

Also, I've transfered some topics out of the Beta forum so everyone can see some of the developments for RJ, including screenshots of the Lothlorien fortress and it's expansions:

Elves
Leadership

Click to keep RJ-RotWK in the toplist top 100

As always thank you for playing
Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 07 February 2008 - 08:21 PM.

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Awesome!!!!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 Dangarello

Dangarello
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Wow pretty incredible... It is nice that you get those credits because you more than deserve it. I'm goin to keep an eye after rj rotwk in the swedish game magazines.....you never know.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

Great stuff

blackdragon.jpg

#5 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

A pity they linked to moddb and not here but nevertheless its great to get such good publicity
Posted Image

#6 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

Yes, that...irrated me that they used the moddb entry instead of T3A and my web-site. This one they approached me on including them in the magazine so I think they might have seen it from my moddb news release, but hopefully if it ever happens again I'll make sure they reference my T3A site.

Robert J.

#7 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:54 AM

Sweet ;) Congratualations on all the popularity and comments you have received from your mod :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#8 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

I never thought we would get this far... strange how popular a mod can get...

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#9 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:15 AM

;) :p :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#10 JEV3

JEV3

Mighty Armadillo

• Hosted
  • 719 posts
  • Projects:Game Enhancement Mod
  •  Coder, Skinner, Graphics, GEM Mod Leader
  • Job:T3A Chamber Member

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

Its always exciting to see mods from the internet advertised on a different medium!

Congrats Robnkarla! :lol:
He who bears skill but lacks effort, makes himself inferior to those who have no skill but try nonetheless.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"There is some good in this world, and its worth fighting for!"
J.M.J.

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

I need the new patch.. when you will publish it?
I cannot wait!! I WANT my Precious Treasure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users