•  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

A few ingame mordor screenshots.

Sauron the mighty:
Posted Image

Random model orc archers (I was sick of the brown orcs over and over...)
Posted Image

A combo horde of orcs and archers.
Posted Image

Black Uruks cleave gondorials beside the Witchking and a Nazgul
Posted Image

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Guess Who

Guess Who

title available

• Project Team
  • 969 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The East, Project Siege
  •  2d Artist, Modeller, Skinner, Binder, Basic Coder, Learning Animating, mapping, fx coding.

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:55 AM

Wow, how come saurons mace is white?
Posted Image Posted Image
My current projects: Wars of The East, Project Siege
--------------------------------------
99% Fat Free.

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

because thats how EA made it, I havent re skinned him yet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:06 AM

Yay, I get to see my Gondor skins ingame :sad: ^_^ !

About Sauron...please do reskin his mace, and please get rid of the white light shining from his chest and the red, glowing eyes. You might want to remove the Ring-glow from his hand, too, since he didn't have the Ring at this time.

Finally, how are you planning to keep Sauron from being overpowered? I have an idea or two, if you're interested in hearing them.
Posted Image

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

well go ahead a chuck your ideas at me, what I plan to do, is to make sauron a level 10 spellbook power for mordor *so he stay uber* I'm going to remove the shard light thingy, but the ring... i dont know what to do with, without the ring... he's useless... but I hate the white mace, will make it black asap.

(and surely i have your gondor buys ingame in the gondor section :grin:)

#6 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

What Gondor section? Do you have one?

About Sauron, I had two ideas. One was to make him a top-level summon, and the other is a bit more tricky. One thing to remember is that even without the Ring, Sauron was still one of the most powerful beings in Middle-earth (possibly the most powerful). My idea would be that you can build Sauron as a permanent hero, but he has a big prerequisite: you have to upgrade the base he is to be built from first. I thought it would be cool to upgrade a Mordor base into something more resembling Barad-dur or the Black Gate, with a spiky, metal-clad wall around it and a more impressive citadel. You could possibly modify the cinematic Barad-dur (bits of it, anyway) to get both of those. Once you've got this upgraded base, you could recruit Sauron.

Obviously, if you want to keep things simple, keep him as a summon :rolleyes: .
Posted Image

#7 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Ooh, that sounds like a good idea. Regaring the wall/fortess barad dur thing though, is it even possible to make wall a castle upgrade? I know you can make them stronger, but an upgrade in itself? Sounds pretty cool though.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#8 Thorin

Thorin
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

well go ahead a chuck your ideas at me, what I plan to do, is to make sauron a level 10 spellbook power for mordor *so he stay uber* I'm going to remove the shard light thingy, but the ring... i dont know what to do with, without the ring... he's useless... but I hate the white mace, will make it black asap.

He's not useless without the ring! The only people who really rivalled him mano-a-mano was Gandalf (when he moved Sauron's gaze from Frodo at Amon Hen), and thus by default, Saruman.

To be honest, in the literature Sauron was, in 'magical' or 'powers' term, pretty much equal to Gandalf. But I also think that obviously, he should have a massive melee attack (and lots of health). Personally I wouldn't make him Balrog powerful (regardless of how ironic that is :good: ).
On that note I'm also of a similar stance with Galadriel, who again, while good 'n' all, she weren't no Maia. Galadriel definitely shouldn't be more powerful than Gandalf, for example, or an equal to Sauron.

#9 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

EA did add the Gorgoroth Spire, looks like a mini Barad-Dur tower. If Sauron could be permanent hero, heres the thing:

Until Sauron is "recruited": The Spire should have the flaming eye
When Sauron is "recruited": The eye would change into the regular EA metal eye.

No? :)

#10 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

This is a mod for BFME 1. :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users