what must i do?

#2 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:16 AM

make sure the game is patched and make sure you installed it in the correct folder. if you installed it somewhere else, remember to change the target line of the shortcut.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Cartman_*

Guest_Cartman_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

It's in the right folder but how must i patch it.

#4 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:58 PM

Well, here are a couple of questions.

• What does the error say?
  • If you run the regular shortcut does it work fine?
  • Also, what is in your C:\RJ_RotWK directory? You should see 5 folders and a bunch of files.
  • Do you have any other mods installed? If so which ones and where (-mod shortcut, program files _.big files, etc.)
  • Do you have maps in your app data directory or mods? (If so, make a back-up of all of them, and then remove them all and run the mod.)

There are many other things that could go wrong, but let me know the answers to the questions and I should be able to help.

Robert J.

#5 Guest_Finn_*

Guest_Finn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

I have the same problem - ive even tried deleting maps and profiles, reinstalling Rotwk now to program files... (default directory), re-extracted rj-rotwk to c:\, re-updated rotwk, and after all that..... THE SAME @#$%*&^ ERROR !! The game.dat error (fatal error with game.dat as reason) I'm going mad :( - what must i do - Please can someone help me...

#6 Guest_Finn_*

Guest_Finn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

sorry for double post - no other mods installed, regular rotwk works fine, your regular shortcut gives error, got the 5 folders and bunch o' files in rj_rotwk folder, just got standard maps in maps folder, error as attachedPosted Image

#7 shadescythe

shadescythe
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:23 AM

[*]Also, what is in your C:\RJ_RotWK directory? You should see 5 folders and a bunch of files.

I dont even Have this Directory is it a seperate download I need All I dled was the _RL_RotWK_big. File

#8 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

hmmm.....which version of the mod are you playing? There is no .big file in the latest - 1.05.06. It's just a set of folders and a shortcut pointing to the folders once installed.

Robert J.

#9 Guest_Cartman_*

Guest_Cartman_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

* What does the error say? ---> The error was in the topic before
* If you run the regular shortcut does it work fine? ---> Yes
* Also, what is in your C:\RJ_RotWK directory? You should see 5 folders and a bunch of files. ---> All OK
* Do you have any other mods installed? If so which ones and where (-mod shortcut, program files _.big files, etc.) ---> Yes, the SEE mod also in C:
* Do you have maps in your app data directory or mods? (If so, make a back-up of all of them, and then remove them all and run the mod.)

#10 Guest_Cartman_*

Guest_Cartman_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

But i play the game in dutch. Has that something to do with it

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:03 PM

It could have...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

No, it shouldn't, since the language packs are in a different area and should be 'overwritten' while playing the mod. I think I have the same problem as you on my other pc, where I'm sure I have installed everything fine, and on my normal pc all runs okay. I haven't found a solution for it yet though.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#13 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

I'm not sure if this can help but, I had to put it like C:\RJ_RotWK. If I put it in my directory, it wouldn't work. So you can try this and it could work. Also, did you install RotwK to the default location or to another location?
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#14 Cartman

Cartman
  • New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Projects:Testing mods

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

Yes i installed it into the normal folder and it's in my C:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Need some rush?

#15 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

I remember I had this problem too, but I can't remember what I did to solve this. Don't if this helps either but, you can take out your application data then try, if it works, quit delete the one the game made and put yours back in. Also, are you using patch 2.01 or the Unofficial 2.02?
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#16 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

hmmm, if you've gotten SEE to work that really is odd, as SEE and RJ pretty much have the same installation. Where is SEE installed (C:\SEE\ or app data?) and did you have any problems with that installation? If it is in the app data folder you can also try removing it from the app data folder and then trying again or you can try to move RJ to the app data RotWK folder and change the shortcut. It is really bizarre but sometimes some profiles, maps and other settings in your app data folder will mess with the mod. So you can clear them out after backing them up and that can resolve problems Then sometimes a re-install is all that woks.

Another thing you can try is to take the shorcut that normally comes with the game and make a copy of it. Then with the copy go to properties and in the target box and add " -mod C:\RJ_RotWK". This can be do to a different path for different versions of the game (Different spellings of Program Files, etc.)

Let me know if this was able to help at all.
Robert J.

#17 Guest_Finn_*

Guest_Finn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

Awesome AWESOME mod !!! thanks for the help!

What i did was move all files out of "C:\Documents and Settings\(insert user here)\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" and out of "C:\Documents and Settings\(insert user here)\Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" and into a separate folder elsewhere and now it works.

Thanks so much for help and great work on an amazing mod!! Best mod ive seen for both bfme II and rotwk !!

#18 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, that happened to me also. If you still have your application data out you can delete the one the game made and put yours back in so you have all your memory of the game (Create-a-Hero, Victories/Loses, Etc.).
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

#19 Cartman

Cartman
  • New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Projects:Testing mods

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

no, it's all in my C:/ . I've put it elsewhere but that didn't help.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Need some rush?

#20 Guest_Finn_*

Guest_Finn_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

no, it's all in my C:/ . I've put it elsewhere but that didn't help.

have you put the rj_rotwk folder elsewhere or your "application data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" elsewhere? - if you have used another mod ever before that adds a new faction instead of replacing an existing one then you must move your files out "My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" to a safe folder elsewhere as the game will have conflicting faction info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users