#21 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

-The mirage tank: it's too game altering putting it on radar level. remember that it is a PATCH. A patch should only do necessary things, not altering the game when it is not really needed to.

My patch, my changes. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 truefeel

truefeel
  • Project Team
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Of course you can take or leave my comments, I'm just trying to help out :rolleyes:.

#23 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Well next version has a load of new changes... including some comments posted on PPM such as mind control immune Clegs. Gotta see how this will work out. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#24 truefeel

truefeel
  • Project Team
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Well next version has a load of new changes... including some comments posted on PPM such as mind control immune Clegs. Gotta see how this will work out. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't make clegs MC immune; it aint gonna help anyway: when fighting yuri mind control was never the real problem; the magnetron was, using magnetrons with ctrl+shift makes magnetrons pick automatically vehicles, scattering the opponents tank force and individual tanks are almost target practice. IMO, you shouldn't had decreased the ROF, but increased it. same for range. having gatt tanks which kill quite easily light armoured vehicles (and infantry, so clegs will not be of much use anyway) and having lashers to kill the heavy armour (or having a mastermind for that part to take them over) makes the yuri force as a mix very hard to beat, more then any other mix in the game. what I would do with the clegs is making the weapon better.

As I said before, I'm just trying to help and you can take or leave it as desired ;). just some tips from a player who has been playing online for several years and plays game with the top players :blush:.

Edited by truefeel, 05 March 2008 - 09:31 PM.

#25 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

maybe for the boomer, have two subs, the missile launching one, and the normal one (that shoots torpedoes), thats if you don't want to add a new different looking unit

that way yuri has the two subs, one for missiles, one for torpedoes

also, did you give yuri the squid, that was a major slip up by westwood/ea

then you need to give the soviets something to replace it...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

Make Sea Scorpion sink instead of blowing it..... That will be good!

#27 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

maybe for the boomer, have two subs, the missile launching one, and the normal one (that shoots torpedoes), thats if you don't want to add a new different looking unit

uh boomer is immune to squid attack ..

patches don't add stuff
Posted Image

#28 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

Jelly Fish?! Maybe because it has Tesla Weapon which is fit to Soviets...

#29 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

patches don't add stuff

Posted Image

#30 genobreaker

genobreaker

Infantry General

• Hosted
  • 1,223 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's Revenge: Zero Hour
  •  Revorian Loyalist - 10th

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

maybe naming it to... Yuri's Revenge Bolt's Addon (mini mod)... or something??
Become the Ultimate General - Mod Demo is Available!
Posted Image
Prepare your weapons technology against the worlds most powerful generals.
FREEDOM STUDIOS: http://www.freedomstudios.net

#31 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:25 AM

if patches dont add stuff then why have they added stuff in the past

admittedly not units usually, but maps, balancing units(so changing them).. which is what is called for with the boomer

and Darknessvolt, what are you talking about, the squid didn't have a tesla weapon...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#32 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Projects:Black Alert
  •  Propagandist

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

A patch is a small piece of software designed to update or fix problems with a computer program or its supporting data. This includes fixing bugs, replacing graphics and improving the usability or performance.

This is a mod...not a patch.
Posted Image

#33 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

This includes fixing bugs

Done.

replacing graphics

Done.

improving the usability or performance.

Oops, done.

*reads above* Do explain. I haven't added new units, buildings, missions or maps. Only "upgraded" the current content as well as adding additional "usability" with the Assault gamemode.

Posted Image

#34 Guest_Darknessvolt_*

Guest_Darknessvolt_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

Some patches add stuffs... But OmegaBolt don't like to add stuff in her patch..... Let's wait for Omega to decide if she wants to add some stuff.....

#35 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  Propagandist

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

This includes fixing bugs

Done.

replacing graphics

Done.

improving the usability or performance.

Oops, done.

*reads above* Do explain. I haven't added new units, buildings, missions or maps. Only "upgraded" the current content as well as adding additional "usability" with the Assault gamemode.

And then you alter unit stats…not because of bugs or usability issues but upon your personal interpretation of how the game should work for you. Making infantry self-heal, tank destroyers with rotating turrets, a weaponless nighthawk, shifting tech levels and etc. is about modifying the game. It perverts the original intent of the game.

Modding is a slang expression that is derived from the verb "modify". The term can refer to the act of modifying a piece of hardware or software to perform a function not originally conceived or intended by the designer.

Just because you haven’t changed the name of the parent unit doesn’t mean you didn’t add additional units in. If I created a four barrel, eight treaded tank, gave it a death weapon and made it available with just the factory requisite but placed it with the current title of “apocalypse tank” it would still be within the limits of what you consider to be a “patch.”
Posted Image

#36 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:23 PM

And then you alter unit stats…not because of bugs or usability issues but upon your personal interpretation of how the game should work for you. Making infantry self-heal, tank destroyers with rotating turrets, a weaponless nighthawk, shifting tech levels and etc. is about modifying the game. It perverts the original intent of the game.

But maybe if WW did patch YR or Ra2 further they would have made these changes to try and appease balance. If they did it you would still acknowledge it as a YR patch rather than some official mod. For example... Supreme Commander has had patches which change the game structure significantly, even adding new units. C&C has had new maps with it's patches as well as new options etc.

Posted Image

#37 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  Propagandist

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

But maybe if WW did patch YR or Ra2 further they would have made these changes to try and appease balance. If they did it you would still acknowledge it as a YR patch rather than some official mod. For example... Supreme Commander has had patches which change the game structure significantly, even adding new units. C&C has had new maps with it's patches as well as new options etc.

Never played Supreme Commander so I don't understand the justification of it.
It isn't likely that WW would have made such alterations. Changing the price, ROF and etc. seem practical and reasonable but getting rid of the nighthawk's cannon (when it visually has one) doesn't seem reasonable.
Hence this is a RULESMD.ini mod, not a patch.
Posted Image

#38 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

It isn't likely that WW would have made such alterations.

Not likely, but still a possibility and therefore not out of the question entirely.

getting rid of the nighthawk's cannon (when it visually has one) doesn't seem reasonable.

I removed the cannon...

Hence this is a RULESMD.ini mod, not a patch.

And yet it has more files than that ini... and if you meant small mod by that then are you saying mods such as RS are small? They still are rulesmd.ini mods technically...

Obviously we are not going to agree... you just call it what you want, I will still call it a patch.

Posted Image

#39 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  Propagandist

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

What isn’t in question is that this “patch” is beyond just fixing problems but also completely altering the game away from WW’s intent. I’m just calling a spade a spade.
Posted Image

#40 truefeel

truefeel
  • Project Team
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

To lefthand: you cannot force him to change his mod/patch/whatever. He is the creator; it ends there.

To Omegabolt: When you say that people can give critics/comments/whatever on it, you gotta be open for that. This is like the elections on america: many promises but afterwarths nothing comes of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users