#1 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:38 AM

what things do you want there to be in RA3

i want Australia to be a team, i also want the desolater's to be back, and of coarse tanya

i want references to yuri in game,

i dont want it to be that he simply vanishes, like they did to poor cabal ;)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 BlitzKrieg

BlitzKrieg
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:C&C Generals Destructive Hour; YR: Riot

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:26 AM

well, I don't care about yuri alway hated him lol, but I hope it's similar graphics wise because I really doubt I'm going to be able to get a new computer before it comes out......

I hope it's like a mix between like generals and YR, like more factories equals more units being made, also more modding capabilities and such that'd be nice, but i highly doubt the ini's are going to be as similar or even the graphics for that matter which sucks because I'm just now getting used to making units(from scratch) on YR lol...

#3 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:57 AM

personally I hope yuri keeps his bald head out of this. only reason he was in RA2 was as a catalyst for the story, and then they desided to make an expansion based on him for YR (which was sweet :p ) but yer, he should have about as much veiw here as he does in the orignal RA.

As for having Australia join the allies, that would be sweet, we're definately a political power these days, if nowhere near the political super power that europe or america is, but we still have a bit of clout in the western world.

I'm glad tesla and kirovs are staying, they're quite iconic, same as the soviet nuke. but prism and weather tech I'm not so sure about, dunno what the japs and allies will use as supers but I hope they're not corny beyond beleif....

I think having the primary and secondry supers was good in RA2 aswell so I hope they keep that in #3 but with maybe a bunch of lessor supers like in TW

having decent naval battles will be awsome aslong as they don't dominate the game....

and off the top of my head thats all I can think of for now though I'm sure theres more there I'll think of given time ;)
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:17 AM

I don't mean that Yuri goes it big time again in this game

just a few links to him, so that its not like he completely disappeared

maybe have a little fortune teller booth saying "Yuri, psychic extradoinaire!", that would be good for a laugh

our world dominating mad man, turned homeless fortune teller booth guy ;) (i would feel sorry for him though)

i hope they dont ruin it, i want some old favorites to be back

i wonder who the soviet hero will be, im betting they will get rid of Boris(although i personally like him), and maybe add that cyborg bear thing (i remember hearing about it on a RA3 thing)

i also wonder if soviets will have things like cloning vats again, or maybe that will go to japan? or disappear completely...

Posted Image

#5 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:41 AM

I'm glad they're slowing down the gameplay a bit. C&C3's gameplay was too fast for my liking - games were over in about 5 minutes. I'm even in the process of slowing it down at the minute. I also like the return of naval units, they were absent in C&C3 (except that Battleship in the campaign) and only mission props in Generals.

Perhaps EA'll use the excuse of the new timeline for Yuri's sudden disappearance. In this timeline, he never existed?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

he would still exist, he just wouldn't go super evil psychic mad man on us

thats why it would be funny to see a civilian building in a mission or on a skirmish map, thats called 'Yuri the fortune teller's booth' or something like that

Posted Image

#7 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:43 AM

lol yer, having him there as a sort of easter egg would be cool

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#8 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:59 PM

He shouldn't be in it imo, but his forces should be in small quantities. Would be fun to see some crashed Floating Discs or some random Hover transport moving across the map. ;) I doubt this will happen though. Since EA made the Soviets create another alternate timeline (Which, coincidentally, has some of the same technology) I doubt they will even mention him. A time travelling disaster is just an easy way out of mentioning previous games.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

yeah, anyways Naval units will probably be the best thing in the game though I hope they can get the AI to use them unlike in BFME2.
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#10 Solinx

Solinx

• Undead
  • 3,101 posts
  • Projects:Real Life
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Retired Leader / Manager

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Naval being one of the main selling points of the game, I think you don't have to worry too much about that ;)

Solinx
Posted Image

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

#11 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

I want:

-Some of the classic and definitive units/structures like Prism tanks/towers, harriers, chrono legionaries, Tanya, dogs, tesla coils/troopers, kirovs, dreadnoughts, spies, apocalypse tanks, chronospheres, nuke silos, and rocketeers.

-For the factions to look and play very differently; faction diversity.

-A f*ing memorable, epic campaign which I loved from RA2. I felt so involved and interested in that campaign...

-Better usage of the mcv system

-no 1-unit-spam. I do want to see lots of units running around, but I also want to see unit mixing and more thought involved.

Australia would be cool and would make sense since its close to the "Empire" and all. I wonder what's gonna happen with Korea...
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#12 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:02 AM

What I would really, really like is for people to stop sledging the poor game before it's even got to it's beta stages. Already people are whining their heads off about any fault they can find in it. Far too often have I found myself running to the poor game's defence. Just give it some bloody time!

I would also like to see Volkov back.

Edited by TX1138, 18 February 2008 - 06:04 AM.

Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#13 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

yeah, like i keep repeating, everyone needs to give it a chance, then they can whine about it :lol:

i don't know about Volkov specifically, but more references to the volkov project would be good, even if its just one of 2 units, or even just a campaign unit

He shouldn't be in it imo, but his forces should be in small quantities.

well seen as the who soviet changing time line thing, id say that Yuri would never have been accepted into the soviet regime, and thus. no Yuri betrayal, meaning no Yuri army in the first place.

thats why yuri would just be a civilian, with no psychic upgrade oh his bald head, meaning no mind control, just his original 'powers', thus him joining the fortune teller business, thus you being able to have the object of 'yuri's fortune booth' on a map

like i said, that would be great for a laugh :p

Posted Image

#14 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:44 AM

-Some of the classic and definitive units/structures like Prism tanks/towers, harriers, chrono legionaries, Tanya, dogs, tesla coils/troopers, kirovs, dreadnoughts, spies, apocalypse tanks, chronospheres, nuke silos, and rocketeers.

why not just create a RA3 - RA2 conversion mod :lol:

I personally don't think the prism stuff should be in there need something new :p

Xeno, RIP mate

#15 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:34 AM

Soviets kill Einstein = No Prism/Advanced Chrono Tech.
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#16 EcclairLS

EcclairLS

Me Likey. ;D

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Projects:Another Random Mod :D
  •  Whats this??

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:29 AM

EA should keep the statement that the Allied Forces uses high tech and Soviet Union uses brute force....
But when they put in Japan (which is uber high tech).. then they removed the statement that the Allied Forces uses high tech weapons...

Soviets kill Einstein = No Prism/Advanced Chrono Tech.

And maybe that too... to make it original.. like making the allies weak.. and the japan (wat the hell!!) will maybe prevail in uses high tech..
and making the allies use what ever they still have in their very very (not really...) big stock... lol..
There are times when a man remembered his greatest moments in life. Oh really? >_>

#17 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

what do i want:

-removal of Japan

-usage of the classic things in RA universe

-better graphics

-and possibly coming of Yuri.

#18 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

What I would really, really like is for people to stop sledging the poor game before it's even got to it's beta stages. Already people are whining their heads off about any fault they can find in it. Far too often have I found myself running to the poor game's defence. Just give it some bloody time!

Don't see a problem with complaining. It's the peoples view, might as well express it. Its better than people just completely in love with the game, which is just annoying when theres clearly faults and most of the people *drooling* over it only want this game because its the lastest thing - not because they played, and loved, the previous games.

i don't know about Volkov specifically, but more references to the volkov project would be good, even if its just one of 2 units, or even just a campaign unit

The terror drone and the new armoured bear arn't enough references? ;)

well seen as the who soviet changing time line thing, id say that Yuri would never have been accepted into the soviet regime, and thus. no Yuri betrayal, meaning no Yuri army in the first place.

Again... if it's an alternate timeline why is there still chrono, tesla, Kirovs & tanya etc?

I personally don't think the prism stuff should be in there need something new :)

I agree. I hated Prism tech, it's just not very Allied.

EA should keep the statement that the Allied Forces uses high tech and Soviet Union uses brute force....
But when they put in Japan (which is uber high tech).. then they removed the statement that the Allied Forces uses high tech weapons...

Allied forces arn't that high tech!! They're the mid tech... look at Ra1, the Allies were fantastically cool back then. They were very gritty and down and dirt types with a hint of weakness counteracted by Gap Generators and spying. No retarded Chrono Legionnaires or Mirage Tanks, and certainly no Prism Tanks.

-better graphics

I don't get why people are complaining about it and C&C3s graphics. I thought C&C3's were brilliantly done, and Ra3 looks very well done too (Despite some poor designs, it still looks good graphics). I'll never understand how it looks *dated*.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

I just hope the overall atmosphere of RA2 will return, I prefer it over CNC3's.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#20 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

what do i want:

-removal of Japan

-usage of the classic things in RA universe

-better graphics

-and possibly coming of Yuri.

Secret, everything you listed there is never going to happen.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users