#1 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 18 September 2003 - 05:02 PM

well, I decided to mention that i have few gamemodes of my own too and now seeing Deso's mod has an Survivor mode being similar to my Deathmatch mode so that's going to be next addon and any plans for inclusion of assault game mode are removed to avoid legal issues and such childish debates.

some of the current modes are (in addition to normal ones)

Ironman (immune tech buildings)
deathmatch (changing to survivor)
Sniper war
Super War (basic supers available)

planned ones
Space war (yeh cosmonauts and space ships and stuff)

and any addition ideas welcome!
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#2 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 18 September 2003 - 05:17 PM

sounds sweet to me !
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#3 Volkov

Volkov

Everybody's Favorite Android

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm. I do stuff.
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:12 PM

How about... an Air War? There is Meatgrinder and Naval War, so why not let there be some type of air war?. You have made a wide variety of things (night hawk, siege chopper, slave apache, floating disc, kirov gunship, rocketeer, cosmonaut, parasite, etc) have Air-to-air capability. So why not try to have a type of game mode in which you are only allowed to build such things as airforce command, Powerplant, patriot, barracks (but without ground infantry), war factory (but without tanks), and give all the sides the ability to build all the different aircraft? Could you do that? That could be interesting.
Posted Image

#4 darknes53

darknes53
  • New Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 12:25 AM

thats like 4 units per side...

#5 Volkov

Volkov

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 19 September 2003 - 12:34 AM

Well, I meant, that some of the aircraft could be shared, if not all. Of course, if the regular air units were allowed only to the regular sides, it wouldn't work well but.. and also, perhaps low level infantry like gi's could be built so that there is at least so other outlet for firepower.....
Posted Image

#6 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:13 AM

Well, Space war is kinda just that.. allows build just air to air stuff and only defences would be patriots/flak cannons...and yuris gattling

this mode would feat new units like Battlecruisers (voxel like SC's battlcruiser) and other gfx are available that can be used... ground stuff would be maybe just refinarys and war facts along barracks and radar along maybe battle lab... war fact would give only those kirov etc air units...paradrops would consist of rockies or cosmonauts etc depending on side...
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#7 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:20 PM

Bullet war would be nice. You know, a low tech level kinda thing.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:36 PM

Depends how low tech we wanna go... maybe go as far as to give only harvs and all infantry and basic pillbox defences :lol:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#9 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:43 PM

Yep, thats friggin fun mate. BLOOD SPORT!
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#10 Volkov

Volkov

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:27 PM

It would be especially fun, now that there are the blood animations for infantry :lol:. Lol I can see it now, hundreds and hundreds of gi's gunning at each other. Muhaha
Posted Image

#11 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:34 PM

Exactly! It would be excelent! :lol:
Natus 3.4

#12 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 20 September 2003 - 06:14 AM

Hehe, I am convinced and this mode wll be inserted in as Infantry war
and anti-personnel soldiers like seal/sniper/virus and suich will have buildlimit of 1 as well dogs... and maybe cloning vats for all as little exception lol...... and allow get heroes...with battle lab.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#13 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 02 October 2003 - 03:15 PM

Aww, I gotta get my ass to work in regards to game modes and make that air war (same as space war but not gonna call it that) and infantry war (the bullet war thingy)

Yuri could have an disc version of mastermind :D in addition to his normal disc in the mode :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#14 Volkov

Volkov

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 03 October 2003 - 12:43 AM

Muhahaha...... you are evil. :D
Posted Image

#15 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 03 October 2003 - 12:16 PM

lol wicked a infantry war!
omg lol classic
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#16 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 03 October 2003 - 04:30 PM

how about top of the world? This was a mission in Red Alert: Counterstrike. The maps enabled are snow ones. Troops die within certain time periods and tanks will also bust up become inoperative before finally structures crumble.
Posted Image

#17 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 03 October 2003 - 04:45 PM

`maybe infantry war?
but then yuri needs an AA unit... :roll:

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#18 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 03 October 2003 - 06:31 PM

Uhm, Allied General.. any ideas how to do that timed kill? this isnt an mission... :?

In infantry war none of air units including rockies wont be available so little need for yuris anti-air inf... as for air war, yuri has his parasite troopers to deal with soviet cosmonauts and allied rockies... and in air war British could get sniper rocketeers :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#19 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 07:17 PM

Umm, I dont really like the Rocketeer sniper, it seems to unbalanced.
Natus 3.4

#20 Volkov

Volkov

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:10 PM

Maybe not if it's ROF and speed were reduced to a resonable amount. Imbalances CAN be overcome. It just takes tweaking.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users